For Those Saying Conspiracy Against Dallas, Watch Other Games

Creeper

Reaction score
As an NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber I watch a lot of games and I do appreciate how bad the refs have been this year. But that does not explain some of the obscure flags the Cowboys get, like the long snapper penalty for moving the ball when everyone moves the football. Then there is the Defensive delay of game on Tank Lawrence. Ridiculous. Randy Gregory lining up offsides when he wasn't and when the rest of the league lines up even further over the line. Statistically, the Cowboys have now been flagged 98 times to their opponents 78. Gregory has been hit with two roughing calls this year and both were questionable.

Do I think its a conspiracy by the NFL to get the Cowboys? No. Do I blame this on the Cowboys losing games? No. Is it possible the refs have a bias that effects the way they call the games? Absolutely.

Did anyone see Mike Evans pushing offCowboys CBs the entire game. The rule of thumb, explained by numerous announcers, is it gets called if the receiver extends his arm(s) . Evans literally shoved Awuzie and didn't get called. Let a Cowboys receiver do that and we'll see offensive PI called so fast, Garrett won;t have time to clap.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
All the games are getting manipulated for what the league wants and for Vegas. Out game was a push at 7 and all that juice they must have cashed in on.

Nope. There’s no conspiracy. Unfortunately a slue of good referees retired recently and we’ve got subpar referee teams calling games.

But this is a legit crisis. It has been absolutely horrible and inconsistent. I wish could be solved - just tell them to call the games looser.

Reaction score
Enjoyable- until it happens week after week to YOUR team.

If half the world wants to see a particular team- ummm... say the Dallas Cowboys... fall on it's face, and giggle with delight when it happens like you did yesterday when the Saints got the gifts, it makes it so, so much easier for an official to:

a) use the rule book to overturn a clear catch and dive for an attempted score by Dez Bryant in the Divisional Round in 2014
b) use the rule book to slow Dallas momentum early in the Divisional Round vs Green Bay with a strange and unheard of substitution infraction penalty
c) use the rule book to call ticky tack holding calls, and not throw the same penalty flags vs our opponents that keep games close or turn momentum in favor of our opponents
d) use the rule book to call penalties on effort plays like Zeke's collision with the Philly DB, Gregory's hit on Winston, Gregory's neutral zone infraction, Woods hit on Humphries
e) use the rule book to call LP for a snap infraction on a potential game tying FG vs Washington in their home
f) throw crazy PI flags vs a Terrence Newman vs Seattle in the game ending with the snap fiasco to set up 1st and Goal from the 1
g) use the rule book to flag Ty Crawford vs Seattle which turned momentum in our first contest this season
h) call DeMarcus Lawrence for Defensive Delay of Game somehow

Give me the 80's and 90's when the games were decided ON THE FIELD and BY THE PLAYERS.

There are only so many plays in a football game. The officials now account for no less than 20% of a team's chances in each ballgame. It's disgusting.
LOL on the Zeke/Philly DB call when in that same game the Eagles were robbed of a fumble recovery on a kick off and lost a TD on a flag thrown by a ref 40 yards from the play. And the OP complaining about a Clowney hit on Foles when Clowney got away with a face mask on Foles that was so blantant that the crew chief apologized to Pederson for the missed call.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Officially, I think NFL is classified as entertainment business, rather than a sport.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Once again, go to at least 5 other team forums and start a thread " do the cowboys get favorable calls? " see the responses. Go to the teams like the giants, that we think their owner is in bed with Goodell and ask " do y'all think your team get favorable calls?" See the responses.

Every fan base has the same gripes as we do and the same dumb conspiracy theories we do.

Fwed

Reaction score
My God, the refs in this league are horrible!

After the Dallas game, I had some free time since I got off work for the week so I channel surfed other games and the officiating was laughable. Just a couple of examples.

1. The refs literally walked Rogers and the Pack right down the field with bogus penalty after bogus penalty with Todd Bowles standing there with a "what the F" look on his face.

2. Philly got a gift roughing call against Clowney that was as tick tack as they get, of course late in the game and Philly needed a score.

3. The Steelers got a taste of home cooking "Narlins style" with multiple phantom PI calls early in the game and a bail out PI flag that was thrown 5 seconds after a 4th down pass by Brees was incomplete and all but ending the game. Cant have that, so here comes a flag giving the Saints a fresh set of downs where they ended up scoring the go ahead TD.

4. The Chiefs got jobbed so bad on calls in the Crows Nest up in Seattle it was laughable. My girlfriend is a Chiefs fan and on the Chief's Planet website (Cowboyszone version for Chief fans) they have threads tonight asking "Is the NFL rigged"? Sounds familiar, doesn't it, LOL.

My point is that there are multiple teams getting just ridiculous calls by officiating crews in multiple games today. So all this talk about a league wide conspiracy against Dallas starts to fall apart when you see teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, Texans, Jets, etc......all getting raped by the officials today. So if there is a conspiracy, apparently it includes a hell of a lot of other teams besides just Dallas.
Lol clowney drove the crown of his helmet through foles chest. A penalty every time.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
The truth will come out when one ref writes that tell all book.

mmohican29

Reaction score
LOL on the Zeke/Philly DB call when in that same game the Eagles were robbed of a fumble recovery on a kick off and lost a TD on a flag thrown by a ref 40 yards from the play. And the OP complaining about a Clowney hit on Foles when Clowney got away with a face mask on Foles that was so blantant that the crew chief apologized to Pederson for the missed call.

Even with the wierd kickoff ruling and I agree it was bogus, the Eagles were still outplayed all game. And we had horrible calls go against us in the same contest.

We took both games and we were the better team in both. It is what it is.

ESisback

Reaction score

After the Dallas game, I had some free time since I got off work for the week so I channel surfed other games and the officiating was laughable. Just a couple of examples.

1. The refs literally walked Rogers and the Pack right down the field with bogus penalty after bogus penalty with Todd Bowles standing there with a "what the F" look on his face.

2. Philly got a gift roughing call against Clowney that was as tick tack as they get, of course late in the game and Philly needed a score.

3. The Steelers got a taste of home cooking "Narlins style" with multiple phantom PI calls early in the game and a bail out PI flag that was thrown 5 seconds after a 4th down pass by Brees was incomplete and all but ending the game. Cant have that, so here comes a flag giving the Saints a fresh set of downs where they ended up scoring the go ahead TD.

4. The Chiefs got jobbed so bad on calls in the Crows Nest up in Seattle it was laughable. My girlfriend is a Chiefs fan and on the Chief's Planet website (Cowboyszone version for Chief fans) they have threads tonight asking "Is the NFL rigged"? Sounds familiar, doesn't it, LOL.

My point is that there are multiple teams getting just ridiculous calls by officiating crews in multiple games today. So all this talk about a league wide conspiracy against Dallas starts to fall apart when you see teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, Texans, Jets, etc......all getting raped by the officials today. So if there is a conspiracy, apparently it includes a hell of a lot of other teams besides just Dallas.

Depends on the most profitable scenario for a small group of obscenely wealthy NFL Fat Cats. They currently favor Seattle and Green Bay. New England and Pittsburgh are huge, but are kinda slipping. They’re pushing LA as the new sport$ Mecca, Chicago’s big market retro , and the Chiefs and Chargers are trendy. Dallas is eternal (at least for now), because they bring the numbers. We don’t even have to win consistently—just be in the discussion.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dallas is in the bottom half of the league in terms of penalties called against them. Add 35 penalties to this season and that's where KC is sitting.

ESisback

Reaction score
On the immaculate reception there were rumors. That the refs huddled. And decided to call it a catch when it wasn’t.
Back then the rules were different, and should have been an illegal catch.

But they decided and they called it complete as they feared for their lives to leave the stadium otherwise. So gave it to Pittsburgh.

And we were screwed in the SB twice against them in the 70’s as well.

Ever since Steelers got the calls. So if they get screwed on calls. I love it.

There have SO MANY calls over the years that have favored Pittsburgh, it’s laughable. I’m smack dab in the middle of Steeler Country, and I’m surrounded by smug, snarky Steeler fans that truly believe they are above it all. When I encounter one that’s particularly uncomplimentary towards our Cowboys, I feel compelled to remind them that their success is built not on domination, but on fluke plays, lucky bounces and officiating gifts. It started with the Immaculate Reception, continued with the disgraces in 4 of their 6 Super Bowls (two against us, Seattle and Arizona), and were further validated by a pair of regular season gifts so far past reality that I’m willing to write a book on my smart phone. In one game, against Miami, Worthlessburger fumbled in the end zone in the closing seconds, and a Miami player CLEARLY ended up with the ball. TD Pittsburgh, and they win by 2 or three. Another game, against us, and they were trailing. We had them beaten, but a bogus interference on a long pass got them to first and goal. We stopped them short—first down, 2nd down, third down, then 4th down—but here comes a flag! We stopped them again...flag! Then we stopped them again...another flag! Those refs seemed determined!

Yeah, my tinfoil hat is quite the elaborate affair!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If fans as a group could start focusing on the fact that the officiating is making the games almost unwatchable, instead of focusing on their team getting screwed, then it would begin to become a legit issue for the NFL.

The officiating has significantly diminished my enjoyment of the games. There are plays were the Cowboys opponent also clearly get screwed.

I hate seeing big plays called back because of ticky-tack penalties. Obviously as a Cowboys fan I'm relieved when it happens to the opponent;; however, when I re-watch games without the emotion, it's clear that both the Cowboys and the opponents get screwed.

In regards to conspiracies, there is a difference between a league wide conspiracy against the Cowboys and the concept that the Refs do appear to manipulate games by intentionally calling or not calling plays at specific times.

It does appear the the league tries to avoid blowouts by having the Refs manipulate games.

The other thing is that dumb penalties that don't affect the play should result in penalizing the player, not the team and fan-base. If a player hits the QB late, fine him a game check but don't impose a penalty on the team. The play was already complete. On the other hand, if an OLineman clearly holds a defender and allows the RB to run by, then that obviously has to be penalized right then.f

Things like Zeke putting Dak in the Salvation Army Kettle DEFINITELY should be handled by fining the player, NOT by penalizing the team. Make the fines a full game check instead of 20K and players will begin to adhere to the rules. If the player's union objects, then put the fine money into pot and use it to pay bonuses. They can pay players that play the most consecutive plays without a penalty or something like that.

:hammer:

ESisback

Reaction score
Dallas is in the bottom half of the league in terms of penalties called against them. Add 35 penalties to this season and that's where KC is sitting.
It’s not quantity, it’s quality! Several teams have more, but the timing is most important. Plus, we have most of the rare ones. Remember the one against Butler last year? Unprecedented! How about the “Delay of game” on DeMarcus Lawrence, or Gregory getting flagged for “Roughing the passer”? Are they freakin’ kidding??

sideon

Reaction score
You'd have to be an idiot to think that the NFL would purposely keep the most popular team from the biggest game of the year.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It’s not quantity, it’s quality! Several teams have more, but the timing is most important. Plus, we have most of the rare ones. Remember the one against Butler last year? Unprecedented! How about the “Delay of game” on DeMarcus Lawrence, or Gregory getting flagged for “Roughing the passer”? Are they freakin’ kidding??

Sure. When the numbers don't support a conspiracy, just dig deeper.

Piss poor calls happen in every game. The sooner people will realize, the sooner they will sleep better.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Let me know when these calls happen to any other team. Let alone all to one team:

1. No holds on passing plays for 9+ games two years in row. One steak was no holds period.
2. Illegal substitution on a receiver called one other time since 1983 and since has been “clarified”
3. Dez catch “clarified” with mulitiple rule changes to justify the call
4. Illegal procedure on our long snapper. Never seen it.
5. Delay of game on our defender for shifting and pointing. Never seen it. Never will see it again.
6. Blatant wrestling move allowed on David Irving 6 ft. From ref on Green Bay final play before Crosby’s kick.
7. Emmitt helmet rule
8. Roy Williams tackle rule

I’ll say it again. I don’t think there’s fixing or a conspiracy of any kind. I wouldn’t watch if that were true.

I do think many fans hate the Cowboys and their fans. Some refs used to be fans and aren’t impartial. That’s possibly why we get these unique and obscure penalties at key moments.

There two national shows on the air 5 days a week that have a “villain” to “hate” on Dallas. It’s fun for everyone and popular.

There’s clearly a jealousy from all of our perceived unearned national attention and being called America’s Team.

Swanny

Reaction score

The refs are terrible but worse yet the rules these refs need to officiate the games with are WORSE. The NFL and the Players union has ruined this sport

ESisback

Reaction score
Sure. When the numbers don't support a conspiracy, just dig deeper.

Piss poor calls happen in every game. The sooner people will realize, the sooner they will sleep better.

No one is saying piss poor calls don’t happen in every game. I sleep perfectly fine, by the way, but thanks!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it is incredibly bad across the league this year, I think there is too much gray area and subjectivity in some of these rules making it impossible to be consistent. The NFL needs to fix this and quick