For Those That Do NOT Support the RW Signing

utrunner07

Reaction score
Sorry mods if ya'll think this should be in the same thread. Seemed like a different direction than that one was going though...

RW is a great receiver no doubt about it and yes he makes our recieving corp better but....

As several have pointed out, we just gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 5th for a player that was going to be a free agent in a few months...

Is Jerry that sure we are going to win it all this year? Cause he would be the only one....

This Oline has been bad, Pass Rush weak, Secondary Play weak, Special Teams has been "Special", We are beat up all around the place, We are in the toughest division in football, some of our guys seem to be on th verge of tears the whole game, our starting QB has lost his magic....we have a lot of problems, that can be overcome but its not a sure thing....

So we go out and sign a WR to fix all these problems? Its not going to matter one bit if we had Moss, TO, RW and Welker out there all at once if Romo does not have time to throw....

Lets take a step back....this is a very knee jerk reaction by Jerry IMO. One that could cost this team...

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Plus, I wonder how long it will take him to learn the offense? We are in week 7 already. Well, I guess maybe when Romo comes back Roy will have justed picked up the offense.

GMen86

Reaction score
while your offense could be scary....it already was. Do you belive Roy will help the Cowboys score 60 pts. per game?

As I said....when Romo returns, if T.O. doesn't have a tantrum over less balls thrown his way, your offense will be scary. But I think your problems run deeper than a "Big Name Receiver" to compliment T.O.

Jones gave up far too much for RW. IMHO.

superpunk

Reaction score
Do you truly believe Jerry doesn't have a long term deal worked out ALREADY?

It's like....come on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Jerry is going to get him signed to a new long term deal long before this season ends. I wouldn't worry yourself over that.

bigE79

Reaction score
GMen86;2339176 said:
while your offense could be scary....it already was. Do you belive Roy will help the Cowboys score 60 pts. per game.

As I said....when Romo returns, if T.O. doesn't have a tantrum over less balls thrown his way, your offense could be scary. But I think your problems run deeper than a "Big Name Receiver" to compliment T.O.

:lmao2:

utrunner07

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2339183 said:
Jerry is going to get him signed to a new long term deal long before this season ends. I wouldn't worry yourself over that.

You are missing the point. RW was going to be a free agent at the end of this year with Detroit...then we could have picked him up with out giving up draft picks.

superpunk

Reaction score
GMen86;2339176 said:
while your offense could be scary....it already was. Do you belive Roy will help the Cowboys score 60 pts. per game.

As I said....when Romo returns, if T.O. doesn't have a tantrum over less balls thrown his way, your offense could be scary. But I think your problems run deeper than a "Big Name Receiver" to compliment T.O.

I smell fear.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
AdamJT has a post from another thread that links the Detroit Free Press article stating that a long term deal is already done. No details on the contract,though.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
utrunner07;2339197 said:
You are missing the point. RW was going to be a free agent at the end of this year with Detroit...then we could have picked him up with out giving up draft picks.

As could have anyone else.

Getting Roy for those picks is far better than using the #1 on an unproven rookie WR which a ton of people were hoping we'd do.

Geez man we're still going to have 9 draft picks you don't think Jerry and his people can wheel and deal, move around, and make some pick ups that we need with 9 picks?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
superpunk;2339203 said:
I smell fear.

After seeing how Braylon Edwards smacked up Ross last night I'm sure there is plenty of fear in Giant country over how they're going to cover TO, RW, Crayton, and Witten.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I like that we got him but not so crazy about what we gave up. The 1st I understand but the other two picks we need to improve other positions like oline. It will be interesting to see Jerry on draft day trying to wheel and deal to get some of those picks back.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
chickenlittleposter.jpg

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
utrunner07;2339197 said:

But it you will have more teams in the mix, because it will be who offers him the most cash.

This was a great trade.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
How is getting in a bidding war in the offseason going to help us this year?

If we wait until the offseason, Detroit will tag hima and take bids on first round draft choices for Roy. If he does hit the FA market, Roy will go to the highest bidder. I can guarantee yo that Cowboys won't be the only ones chasing him.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
utrunner07;2339197 said:

They would have put the Franchise tag on him and then his trade value would have been two 1st...there is no way Det would have let him walk with his value. If we wanted him next year the price would have been the same...we need him now!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
utrunner07;2339129 said:
Sorry mods if ya'll think this should be in the same thread. Seemed like a different direction than that one was going though...

RW is a great receiver no doubt about it and yes he makes our recieving corp better but....

As several have pointed out, we just gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 5th for a player that was going to be a free agent in a few months...

Is Jerry that sure we are going to win it all this year? Cause he would be the only one....

This Oline has been bad, Pass Rush weak, Secondary Play weak, Special Teams has been "Special", We are beat up all around the place, We are in the toughest division in football, some of our guys seem to be on th verge of tears the whole game, our starting QB has lost his magic....we have a lot of problems, that can be overcome but its not a sure thing....

So we go out and sign a WR to fix all these problems? Its not going to matter one bit if we had Moss, TO, RW and Welker out there all at once if Romo does not have time to throw....

Lets take a step back....this is a very knee jerk reaction by Jerry IMO. One that could cost this team...
Please review our 1st rounders over the last 10 years, and come again.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2339223 said:
I like that we got him but not so crazy about what we gave up. The 1st I understand but the other two picks we need to improve other positions like oline. It will be interesting to see Jerry on draft day trying to wheel and deal to get some of those picks back.

However we we're doubled up on those picks so we can wheel and deal this draft and get O lineman that are really on our list we still have 9 draft picks.......not counting compensation picks....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
utrunner07;2339197 said:

But we get 10+ games out him THIS year. Plus there is no guarantee that DET wouldn't franchise him. We had too many picks next year and still have enough to trade up.

GMen86

Reaction score
LOL. I can't wait till we play you guys this year. We both laid an egg this year. Hopefully the bad games are behind us and we can get back to NFC East football.