For those who want McCarthy

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ROFLMAO..... The guy was the Head Coach for 13 years.
If he was such a drag they would have moved on long long before they did.

This was a hatchet job by a bitter Aaron Rodgers.
AR fell in the draft because he is a jerk and he has proceeded to be a jerk at every turn throughout his largely brilliant career.

This is true. Rodgers hurt himself a lot with his actions and comments after the 2004 season. He cried to everybody that would listen because Texas beat out Cal to go to the Rose Bowl that year. Cal went to the Holiday Bowl and lost to Tech. Texas played Michigan in the Rose Bowl and beat them. Rodgers wouldn't shut up about it, even after and it was just a mess. He also played for Jeff Tedford at Cal, who had a bit of a reputation for putting up big numbers with QBs who's game did not translate well into the NFL at the time. So a lot of NFL personnel guys kinda looked at Rodgers and saw just another QB who isn't going to cut it in the NFL. I never liked the guy at all but he had talent for sure. But that's why he slide.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Of course there was massage gate too that McCarthy denies.

“About once a week, a meeting would start up and McCarthy was MIA. Players weren’t quite sure where he was while, for example, an assistant coach would run the team’s final prep on the Saturday before a game. Eventually, word leaked that McCarthy, the one calling plays on game day, was up in his office getting a massage during those meetings.”
I wonder if it was a Kraft type "massage"...

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Takes a very “special” person to claim to have read an article when they clearly didn’t.

Takes a huge coward to keep pretending that they read the entire article after being called out on it.

I know, I know, it would take you like an hour to read the whole thing.
:laugh:
I’m convinced you didn’t read it. It even says players wondered if Rodgers started the massage rumors. You’ve been called out for linking a bleacher report article and you can’t handle the fact that the article actually makes Rogers sound like the bigger problem than McCarthy. Its ok little man. Have fun trying to defend your position lol

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It really doesn’t worry you AT ALL that someone close to Rodgers says that Rodgers believes McCarthy had the lowest football IQ of any coach he’s been around?

McCarthy’s a joke. 11-16-1 in his last 2 years. Look at what Aaron Jones is doing this year compared to 2017-18.
Like I said..no balence in the article for me.

I would have preferred something positive about McCarthy and something negative about Rodgers to tell the subject more objectively.

It was sort of a hack job to me.

Had to let it go for now.

I do not think he gets hired..McCarthy that is..

In Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you actually believe garrett is a better head coach than Mike McCarthy?
I hate green bay too...but c'mon man.

No.. I wouldn’t want either and I don’t want to compare them because they are almost the same.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am starting to think he is going to get the job, 2 days of meetings, then shortly after the 2nd meeting they announce they are moving on from JG?

Wouldn't be surprised if he is hired as the HC and Marvin Lewis is the DC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those who want McCarthy fast forward to 8 minute mark.

Simms basically says McCarthy would be good for the job but his offensive schemes suck.

Basically another versionGarrett.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It should terrify all of us that a Super Bowl-winning coach who’s out of work after 2 horrific seasons...

Felt the need to completely change his approach in order to convince someone to hire him.

Say what you will about Rodgers, but he’s a smart guy. When he says that McCarthy’s football IQ is the lowest of any coach he’s ever played for, that should sound the alarms.

You're right. God forbid the Cowboys get a coach who actually *gasp* wants to continue to learn and get better. No no no, by all means let's get another stonebrained moron who would rather run into the same brick wall over and over again.

You make some good points, this isn't one of them.

Nav22

Reaction score
Like I said..no balence in the article for me.

I would have preferred something positive about McCarthy and something negative about Rodgers to tell the subject more objectively.

It was sort of a hack job to me.

Had to let it go for now.

I do not think he gets hired..McCarthy that is..

In Dallas.
It’s a very long read, but it’s honestly just as negative towards Rodgers as it is McCarthy.

It doesn’t place blame at either of them, but rather both of them.

cowboyec

Reaction score
No.. I wouldn’t want either and I don’t want to compare them because they are almost the same.
except for that Super Bowl.
and McCarthy's 135 career wins.
and 4 NFC Championship appearances.
and McCarthy is a better game day coach.
yeah.
other than that stuff they are identical.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He seems the type but mcCarthey is no football genius
But more importantly he doesn’t get the most out of what he has
Too me the biggest asset a coach can have is not a great scheme but the ability to motivate players. Parcells and jimmy did that through fear
You can add a OC and DC to develope the scheme but the HC has to have the ability to get players to play at their best every week
You mean like a Vince Lombadi type?

Do those guys even exist anymore?

CB61

Reaction score
I wasn't real thrilled with the idea of him anyway although I read an article where it said he spent an extra day in Dallas I'd rather not see him as coach we don't need another slouch

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
except for that Super Bowl.
and McCarthy's 135 career wins.
and 4 NFC Championship appearances.
and McCarthy is a better game day coach.
yeah.
other than that stuff they are identical.

Makes you wonder why they would ever fire such an accomplished coach doesn’t it.. ?Probably not...