For Those Who Want To Fire Garrett Now, Who’s Your Replacement?

817Gill

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of Garrett but I’m objective enough to see he’s an average to good coach, not great nor elite.

But look around and tell me who you’d hire right now to replace him from the available candidates? Obviously we can wish Lincoln Riley or Sean Payton but as of now they’re not a serious option.

Great coaches don’t come in bunches and firing a good coach because he’s not elite without an option better isn’t a smart move.

Barring a surprise hire, I think the FO will give JG the playcalling and offensive reigns and have him coach for his job. It’s his last year on his deal and it looks like the NFL executive circles really see Moore as a bright mind and future coach.

This will most likely be Garrett’s last year unless we win an NFC Championship/Super Bowl and at that point he deserves to stay. Last year was perfect as it proved personnel is damn close to SB caliber, it just needs the coaching to match.

Let’s be patient one last year and watch the future of the team be decided in 2019

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a huge fan of Garrett but I’m objective enough to see he’s an average to good coach, not great nor elite.

But look around and tell me who you’d hire right now to replace him from the available candidates? Obviously we can wish Lincoln Riley or Sean Payton but as of now they’re not a serious option.

Great coaches don’t come in bunches and firing a good coach because he’s not elite without an option better isn’t a smart move.

Barring a surprise hire, I think the FO will give JG the playcalling and offensive reigns and have him coach for his job. It’s his last year on his deal and it looks like the NFL executive circles really see Moore as a bright mind and future coach.

This will most likely be Garrett’s last year unless we win an NFC Championship/Super Bowl and at that point he deserves to stay. Last year was perfect as it proved personnel is damn close to SB caliber, it just needs the coaching to match.

Let’s be patient one last year and watch the future of the team be decided in 2019
My Gardner can do a better job.......

JBS

Reaction score

According to your logic, who is going to be available next year that is worth replacing him with? Isnt that guy also available right now?

817Gill

Reaction score
According to your logic, who is going to be available next year that is worth replacing him with? Isnt that guy also available right now?
Available doesn’t mean ready to be HC

kumizi

Reaction score
Most of the good candidates have been hired already but I'd take a look at Eric Bienimy if we had a coaching vacancy.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They aren't going to fire him, and I believe if Garrett ends up calling plays, it'll be because Jerry wants him to, not because he wants to.

He's had a lot of human shields take bullets for him, it's time to see if he's learned anything about running an offense.

Reactions: BAT

TakedisDAK

Reaction score
Art briles and/or his son ...won't happen tho.. too much a negative stigma attached...but those dudes had some explosive offenses.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy McGinty, because what this team really needs is heart. Miles and miles of heart.

lqmac1

Reaction score

Romo. Easy!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Kellen Moore could do a better job. Richards could do a better job. Probably about 40 candidates that could do a better job.

In fact, I think you could hire a new talented OC and not even need a HC. Garrett by subtraction would make us better.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Probably can find any 1 of 500 who can go 9 years without winning a divisional round game. Maybe even find a few who could. Right Jerry?