For those who want Weis as our next coach...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Newsflash:

WE HAVE BILL FREAKING PARCELLS AS OUR HEAD COACH!

That is correct - that is why so many are eyeballing Weiss.

;)

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I'm not sure who your shouting that at but if you notice I said "for those who wanted" Myself I don't think he has had enough time at ND to prove he's a True HC. He's winning with another coaches team. I say give him 3 years and see how he's doing before claiming him great HC....

Trust me I've seen enough, this guy is a great HC coach. I saw every game Ty coached at ND and I've seen every game Charlie has coached at ND, no comparison. Night and day. Ty is an awful coach. His teams were so unprepared, his offense was pitiful, his defense just as bad and his recruiting average at best. I'm not going to totally blame Ty, I think his assistants were just as bad, if not worse. ND got blown out so many times under Ty, I mean crushed. 8 times by 3 or more TD's. That falls on the HC. Just a bad coach.

And as for winning with another coaches team. Are you serious? A team that the other coach could't even win with. Ty went 6-5 last year, didn't coach in Bowl game. Got hammered by Purdue(25 points) and USC(31 points). Lost to BYU, Pitt and BC.

The year before he went 5-7. Hammered by Michigan(28 points), USC(31 points), Florida St.(37 points), and Syracuse(26 points), downright embarrassing. Just a poorly coached team. Throw in losses to Michigan St., Purdue and BC.

In his first season in 2002, he did start 7-0, but anybody watching those games could see they were very fortunate. I think their defense almost averaged 2 TD's a game during that stretch. Then the luck ran out. USC beat them again by 31 and NC St. destroyed them in Gator Bowl by 22.

He won just 11 of his final 25 games at ND. Worse coach at ND for a very long time. Gerry Faust and Bob Davie look like geniuses compared to Ty. So this winning with another coaches team point is ridiculous.

BTW, Ty is 1-7 at Washington this year, with that huge win over Idaho. Lost to Cal by 39, ND by 19, Oregon by 24, USC by 27 and Arizona St. by 24. Just a bad head coach, period.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Willingham was 7-0 in his first 7 games in year one at ND and was national coach of the year. We'll see how much Weiss is loved in 3 years when the faithful realize they're still not among the elite teams in the nation. Join a conference or stay irrelevant.

Ridiculous post. Ty and Charlie are night and day. If you've seen ND play under both coaches, you'll know what I mean, but you probably haven't seen any games. Ty = bad coach. It's only going to get better in South Bend, you're just going to have to deal with it. Charlie's bringing in a top 3 recruiting class next year and it'll snowball. We don't need a conference and I guess ND is still relevant becasue everyone seem to be talking about them lately.

ghst187

Reaction score
Weiss and Quinn (and them not being top ranked) has made it really hard for me to hate ND. Weiss is very good and yes I'd love to see him come in to Dallas whenever BP hangs it up. I don't think a contract like that states that he'll definitely finish it out. Since when in football have people honored their contract? Organizations don't do it, players try not to. Since org's don't do it, that's why all the players want to renegotiate the second they have a big game, cuz they know if they get injured or have a bad year, the org will cut them without blinking even if they have 10 more years on their contract. I know Weiss will love coaching at ND for quite a while but if he eventually wins a championship, which he probably will, I'd think he'll be looking for a new challenge.
If you appreciate true QB play and want to watch the most exciting QB in the country, Quinn is the dude. If you want to see an exciting RB play QB, V Young would be it. I think Weiss has been HUGE in Quinn's development.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Trust me I've seen enough, this guy is a great HC coach. I saw every game Ty coached at ND and I've seen every game Charlie has coached at ND, no comparison. Night and day. Ty is an awful coach. His teams were so unprepared, his offense was pitiful, his defense just as bad and his recruiting average at best. I'm not going to totally blame Ty, I think his assistants were just as bad, if not worse. ND got blown out so many times under Ty, I mean crushed. 8 times by 3 or more TD's. That falls on the HC. Just a bad coach.

And as for winning with another coaches team. Are you serious? A team that the other coach could't even win with. Ty went 6-5 last year, didn't coach in Bowl game. Got hammered by Purdue(25 points) and USC(31 points). Lost to BYU, Pitt and BC.

The year before he went 5-7. Hammered by Michigan(28 points), USC(31 points), Florida St.(37 points), and Syracuse(26 points), downright embarrassing. Just a poorly coached team. Throw in losses to Michigan St., Purdue and BC.

In his first season in 2002, he did start 7-0, but anybody watching those games could see they were very fortunate. I think their defense almost averaged 2 TD's a game during that stretch. Then the luck ran out. USC beat them again by 31 and NC St. destroyed them in Gator Bowl by 22.

He won just 11 of his final 25 games at ND. Worse coach at ND for a very long time. Gerry Faust and Bob Davie look like geniuses compared to Ty. So this winning with another coaches team point is ridiculous.

BTW, Ty is 1-7 at Washington this year, with that huge win over Idaho. Lost to Cal by 39, ND by 19, Oregon by 24, USC by 27 and Arizona St. by 24. Just a bad head coach, period.

Never said Weis wasn't a good coach I said give him three years and see how he's doing with his own recuriting and the whole ball of wax. I don't think Charlie has proven anything yet, not saying he won't but to me nada. I think TY was a good coach and he will turn Washington around.

jimmy40

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Willingham was 7-0 in his first 7 games in year one at ND and was national coach of the year. We'll see how much Weiss is loved in 3 years when the faithful realize they're still not among the elite teams in the nation. Join a conference or stay irrelevant.
Willingham was black, he had no chance at Notre Dame.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Never said Weis wasn't a good coach I said give him three years and see how he's doing with his own recuriting and the whole ball of wax. I don't think Charlie has proven anything yet, not saying he won't but to me nada. I think TY was a good coach and he will turn Washington around.

He's already 1-2 with Texas as far as recruits verballing coming in next year. So he'll have no problem recruiting.

If Charlie hasn't proven anything to you yet, then you obviously haven't seen Notre Dame play this year. If you have seen them play this year and saw them play under Ty the past 3 years, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ty might not last as long at Washington as he did at ND. 1-7 while repeatedly getting blown out won't cut it. They've been second guessing that hire since the first blow out. Bad coach.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Whatever dude. More like, Willingham was a bad coach and had no chance at Notre Dame. His record spoke for itself. His teams being poorly prepared spoke for itself. His constantly getting blown out spoke for itself. His constant excuse making was getting old. Charlie makes no excuses. Go talk to some UW fans and ask what they think of Ty.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Un-freakin-believeable. This kind of thought process, or lack there of, pushes me ever closer to the Darwin theory. Oh what a gene pool we've got.

jimmy40

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Un-freakin-believeable. This kind of thought process, or lack there of, pushes me ever closer to the Darwin theory. Oh what a gene pool we've got.
How many years did Bob Davie get? Was he a better coach than Willingham?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Davie got 5 and should not have. Faust got 5 and should not have. ND finally got smart and cut Willingham lose (who by the way before that firing was talking to Washington) early. Then all the real racists came out and claimed ND did it because he was black- which was TOTAL garbage but then again it sold newspapers and made ratings. The real racists are the ones that called that firing racist. They said nothing about the Stanford or Florida coaches being fired after 3 years. As has been pointed out, Ty was blown out by more lopsided losses then ANY COACH IN ND HISTORY in 3 years. MORE THEN DAVIE, FAUST, and every otther bad coach in the schools history COMBINED.
And as for the gomers that talk like Charlie is going to walk, well I feel sorry for them- they are not smart enough to see the difference. For them, its just this simple: PASS RIGHT.

jimmy40

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Davie got 5 and should not have. Faust got 5 and should not have. ND finally got smart and cut Willingham lose (who by the way before that firing was talking to Washington) early. Then all the real racists came out and claimed ND did it because he was black- which was TOTAL garbage but then again it sold newspapers and made ratings. The real racists are the ones that called that firing racist. They said nothing about the Stanford or Florida coaches being fired after 3 years. As has been pointed out, Ty was blown out by more lopsided losses then ANY COACH IN ND HISTORY in 3 years. MORE THEN DAVIE, FAUST, and every otther bad coach in the schools history COMBINED.
And as for the gomers that talk like Charlie is going to walk, well I feel sorry for them- they are not smart enough to see the difference. For them, its just this simple: PASS RIGHT.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jessie Jackson scared you guys into hiring a black coach you didn't want anything to do with in the first place but Weis will do a good job and he'll stay there because he'll actually have the backing of the university, and NBC of course.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

These are my last keystrokes in dealing with a futile subject. Pure speculation with a pound of conjecture. Stir in some abstract and it's all heresy. You'll find your favorite frosting, call it a cake and eat it too.

Gordon

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

ND didn't want Willingham in the first place. They hired somebody else (George O'Leary) and interviewed many other guys before settling for Willingham. Also, outside of Willingham's first 7 games, he was awful at ND. Furthermore, two of the best coaching prospects in a while were available in Urban Meyer and Charlie Weis. Ty would still be the coach if Urban Meyer had not become available and expressed serious interest in coming to ND.

jksmith269 said:

Weis managed a very good recruiting class last year in the short time he was allotted, and has a top 10 recruiting class right now for this year.

It's Notre Dame football.. If they're winning, they're going to attract the top recruits. Recruiting won't be a problem.

I can't believe some of you still think it'll be easy for an NFL team to get Weis away from ND. He said that he wanted to coach an NFL team last year, but also said ND was the only college team he would coach and was one of his dream jobs (along with coaching the NY Giants). The talk comes out that NFL teams are pursuing his agent, and ND makes a statement by offering him a 10 year extension after seeing him coach only 7 games, and Weis made a statement by accepting it. He's at ND for a while, better pick another guy for your Parcells replacement.

EDIT - Mort just reported Weis' contract is worth between $30-40 million. Haha, anyone still think "Jerry Jones can get him?"

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
burmafrd said:

Well said.

burmafrd

Reaction score
30-40 million with incentives. Probably 3 mill per year base with a 1 mill NC bonus and 500,000 BCS bowl bonus. So he could make 4.5 in one year. How many Pro Coaches are even CLOSE to that? Supposedly he is getting a 10% raise each year.
Not even Jerry will spend that kind of money. the only gomer stupid enough to spend that much is Danny Boy, and Charlie is WAY TOO SMART to want to have anything to do with that idiot.

Naruto

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

Davie made it to a BCS bowl and put together a good enough defense to win Willingham 8 games with zero offense.

Davie's problem was his offensive style. He had a couple good QB's but they were always getting injured running the option. You know that Arnez Battle guy...yeah he was our QB at one point.