For you DraftBustniks

Creeper

Reaction score
Why not? Someone has to if they do not pay Dak. Having said that I believe they will pay Dak because Jerry is an idiot
When I say he is not the guy I mean they are not winning a Super Bowl with Trey Lance. I am not in favor of paying Dak $60 million either but even if they don't that doesn't mean Lance should get the job.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We really dont have the time to correct his accuracy issues,he is FA next season and he is not coming back here as a backup.
Ohh we have the time. Dak signs for another 5 years and Trey can take over with 29. JJ knows what he's doin... :rolleyes:

JBS

Reaction score
A week ago you all were claiming Trey was a bust after a few throws against the Rams. Now the same are saying he played better than everyone except Caleb yesterday.
Here is what you do not understand. Trey did not play much high school football and then only played one year of essentially junior college football. You want to compare him to QBs who played for years in major football programs. Now I guess it might be fair since the 49ers saw something in him that ended up costing them lots of ones. Drafting is not an exact science. Trey didn’t work out but the last player in the draft did. Who would have thunk it!!

Here is what we see in Lance. He is a gifted athlete. He had command of the football team and leads well. His accuracy is not always great. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. He shows nice touch in his wheel routes and bootleg passes short. Much better than Dak. In two games he has taken good care of the ball. No fumbles or INTs. Dak is careless with many of his passes and he has been doing this for nine years as a pro.

Trey can be used situationally throughout the season to show a different look and take advantage of his his dramatic running ability.
As others have pointed out we are not keeping him around for short money so he may be grooming for a chance on another team.

I for one, have seen all I need to see from Dak. He is a nice guy. He can load up stats as good as the next guy, especially when the defense gives him scores from turnovers. He is a great front runner. He is a good in season bus driver of a QB. He is awful in the post season. Danny White HD better success than Dak and he was a hit mess in the playoffs. Dak is more like Craig Morton without Morton’s tremendous arm strength. Bottom line, if you want to win in the post season Dak is not your answer.
Jerruh will keep him, pay him a ton of money because for 16 games he is more than serviceable and frankly that is all that is needed to keep the fans spending money on merchandise, tickets, and food and beverages at Jerruh World. Jerruh is a master at making money. There is no denying that!!

Back to Trey. I think there is raw talent and a possibility to be a good QB in the league. I am not taking out the anointing oil just yet. But the drumbeat from some last week that he is a bust was unwarranted and premature.
Let’s all watch his improvement over time and then decide.
I am rooting for this young man. He seems like a diligent and hard working player. You don’t go from playing against weak opponents in junior college to playing in the NFL seamlessly. .

Mod Edit: added spaces / lines for an easier read
Hahahaha. There is piles of evidence to support that Lance sucks. There is no evidence at all to suggest he doesn’t suck. You are the one who is jumping to the wrong conclusion. He played a half decent game bc he’s a crap player. Put that performance for any starting qb in the regular season and it’s laughed at.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey on a smaller contract being able to be surrounded by a talented team > Dak being paid $60 million and having a lesser team over the next 3 years (especially after having to pay Lamb and Parsons as well)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calling Dak a bus driver means you have no credibility of what you are seeing.
Why is he a leader of Men? :muttley:
If so what has he led them to?
In fact, what has he done in 8 seasons with very talented rosters............2 playoff wildcard wins.
Thats BUS DRIVER's resume if I ever saw one baby!!! :thumbup:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If so what has he led them to?
In fact, what has he done in 8 seasons with very talented rosters............2 playoff wildcard wins.
Thats BUS DRIVER's resume if I ever saw one baby!!! :thumbup:
You really have no clue about leadership do you.

NotForLong

Reaction score
When I say he is not the guy I mean they are not winning a Super Bowl with Trey Lance. I am not in favor of paying Dak $60 million either but even if they don't that doesn't mean Lance should get the job.
You do not know if they can win a Super Bowl with him or not. And why is that your standard

If they don't pay Dak then no it doesn't "mean" Lance should get the job but he is the closest to the heir apparent and that appears not to be a bad thing. The kid had talent and Jerry got his rights for a 4th.

Only downside is that they did not pick up His option and he is not under contract next year. But the other QB is not either and neither is the Coach. At this point in time the only one guaranteed to be here next year is Jerry

Everyone is clueless to what Lance is and we are all taking an active look at this preseason to see what he is. He is flashing

He is only 1 year older then Dak was his rookie year. Which is to say he is young. But he is in a unique situation in that he will be a free agent next year so Jerry will have to make a hard decision this season and oh by the way Dak wants to break the record for highest paid QB because he is also a free agent

I feel for Lance because there is a segment of the Fan Base that are dug in deep with Dak and feel intimidated and or act as Lance is a Bust

The Kid is talented and a unique situation in San Fran made him expendable and Jerry pounced. I for one am glad but I am not for sure what His future here is exactly. It is long season and I will enjoy watching the Leaves Fall

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Guy has an average preseason game and people putting Lance in the HOF just to push their hate agenda against Dak.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He’s very inaccurate at the moment. You see that right?
Many factors for this but my claim stands true. The A Holes doing the halftime show of the Rams game were over critical and proclaiming their opinions as absolutes and all the trolls have been running with it

I for one do not listen to the talking heads because their change their stance like they do their underwear all for clicks and ratings. The talking heads are garbage.

I watch the games and then I come on here and listen to what this Zone has to say because I value the many opinions here

When I here everyone parroting the same arguments and claims I already know that is what the Talking Heads are espousing. After 2016 and the Talking heads convinced all the so called "Cowboy Fans" to continue with the Rookie over the Vet, I stopped watching that crap

2016 Talking Heads " You don't change the Hot Hand, You don't stop the Momentum" "Troy is broken and the next hit He takes will Cripple Him". . .

The rest is History and Jerry will take that one to the grave.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Hahahaha. There is piles of evidence to support that Lance sucks. There is no evidence at all to suggest he doesn’t suck. You are the one who is jumping to the wrong conclusion. He played a half decent game bc he’s a crap player. Put that performance for any starting qb in the regular season and it’s laughed at.
Sucks . . . Your claim is that He Sucks and it universally known. . . Amazing

dcstar

Reaction score
Took Mr Romo 3+ years to be ready to play

Mr Lance was raw coming into the league...hurt half the time.

Part of the problem is draft status...SF obviously over drafted him and since he was the third pick...everyone expects miracles

Give the kid a chance.

Good lawd.

Go Cowboys!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Because that was a Label Jerry and the Coach of the Year put on him to justify the idiot decision of 2016. His flaws were obvious and the team was carrying Him so they had to give Dak an "Intangible" to justify themselves for dumping someone that was better then Dak in every conceivable category

NotForLong

Reaction score
Took Mr Romo 3+ years to be ready to play

Mr Lance was raw coming into the league...hurt half the time.

Give the kid a chance.

Good lawd.

Go Cowboys!
Every QB that sits succeeds because they get to watch the speed of the game from the field without running for their lives and developing bad Habits

I still claim to this day that Dak would be a better QB if he went to the bench after Romo was healthy and that is still one of the reasons I was made that they did not go back to Romo

I feel Dak has developed a lot of bad habits that he is unable to fix because of this

Only problem with Lance is that he is the potential heir to the most polarizing QB in Cowboys history. That and the fact that this is his last year under contract and He and Dark are essentially competing for the same job next year and only one will get paid by Jerry

ArtClink

Reaction score
A week ago you all were claiming Trey was a bust after a few throws against the Rams. Now the same are saying he played better than everyone except Caleb yesterday.
Here is what you do not understand. Trey did not play much high school football and then only played one year of essentially junior college football. You want to compare him to QBs who played for years in major football programs. Now I guess it might be fair since the 49ers saw something in him that ended up costing them lots of ones. Drafting is not an exact science. Trey didn’t work out but the last player in the draft did. Who would have thunk it!!

Here is what we see in Lance. He is a gifted athlete. He had command of the football team and leads well. His accuracy is not always great. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. He shows nice touch in his wheel routes and bootleg passes short. Much better than Dak. In two games he has taken good care of the ball. No fumbles or INTs. Dak is careless with many of his passes and he has been doing this for nine years as a pro.

Trey can be used situationally throughout the season to show a different look and take advantage of his his dramatic running ability.
As others have pointed out we are not keeping him around for short money so he may be grooming for a chance on another team.

I for one, have seen all I need to see from Dak. He is a nice guy. He can load up stats as good as the next guy, especially when the defense gives him scores from turnovers. He is a great front runner. He is a good in season bus driver of a QB. He is awful in the post season. Danny White HD better success than Dak and he was a hit mess in the playoffs. Dak is more like Craig Morton without Morton’s tremendous arm strength. Bottom line, if you want to win in the post season Dak is not your answer.
Jerruh will keep him, pay him a ton of money because for 16 games he is more than serviceable and frankly that is all that is needed to keep the fans spending money on merchandise, tickets, and food and beverages at Jerruh World. Jerruh is a master at making money. There is no denying that!!

Back to Trey. I think there is raw talent and a possibility to be a good QB in the league. I am not taking out the anointing oil just yet. But the drumbeat from some last week that he is a bust was unwarranted and premature.
Let’s all watch his improvement over time and then decide.
I am rooting for this young man. He seems like a diligent and hard working player. You don’t go from playing against weak opponents in junior college to playing in the NFL seamlessly. .

Mod Edit: added spaces / lines for an easier read
I'm still claiming Trey Lance to be a bust. His performance Sat in a preseason game means almost nothing. I'd love for him to develop into something special, but I just don't see that he has the skills to be a starter in this league.