For you DraftBustniks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A week ago you all were claiming Trey was a bust after a few throws against the Rams. Now the same are saying he played better than everyone except Caleb yesterday.
You need to stop listening to most of the fans on this board they live in the moment. There were fans saying Lance didn’t play well against the Rams, then after watching the game again, they came back saying he actually played great. :laugh: The fact of the matter is after a shaky start with his accuracy he played better yesterday than he did in the first preseason game. It’s pretty funny how some are pumping up his performance to be way better than it was. A lot of fans are so hopeful that he’ll become a good QB that every time he completes a pass they blow it up to be way better a throw than it actually was. Some of the comments that are being posted are pretty crazy. Lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hahahaha. There is piles of evidence to support that Lance sucks. There is no evidence at all to suggest he doesn’t suck. You are the one who is jumping to the wrong conclusion. He played a half decent game bc he’s a crap player. Put that performance for any starting qb in the regular season and it’s laughed at.
And its not like he was actually good. He was not as horrible as he was last week.

The Lancelots are going crazy after last night. Its like those old time cartoons where characters bash themselves in the head with a hammer when they get super excited

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score
And its not like he was actually good. He was not as horrible as he was last week.

The Lancelots are going crazy after last night. Its like those old time cartoons where characters bash themselves in the head with a hammer when they get super excited
Hahahahahahaha

Wangchung83

Reaction score
You really have no clue about leadership do you.
I’ll tell you this, if Dak were a manager/ceo/of in any other leadership role he would be fired. The fact is he hasn’t progressed in any way, shape, or form over those eight years. How do I say this? Easy, he hadn’t had one playoff game that he played well, he requires great talent around him to do anything, proof 2018 in the game before cooper, boy looked inept. He hasn’t done anything to say wow I got a great return on investment. He’s a fourth rounder that looks ok against what has been a weak nfc east for the majority of his career. He wants that large contract then put an average line up there with one B+ WR and a serviceable back. Put the money into the defense and let’s see what happens this year. Trade ceedee bc don’t need him bc Dak is a leader and will elevate B+ WR to an A. Everyone will be so scared of his arm that will open up the running to get serviceable rb 4 yards instead of 3. You Dak homers will bring up that every QB needs a number 1 WR and will point out how younger, rookie contract QBs or those that have already proven themselves with a Super Bowl run have a true number 1 WR. Those QBs are where Dak was four years ago when he signed his second contract, not comparable to Dak, who is now on his third with nothing, nothing to show for it. He isn’t the fourth rounder who we got on the cheap, he’s now the big contract guy that didn’t live up to that money allocation. That’s the market, well I need something more for that market price, either in the way of a honorary already living on past accomplishment(Super Bowl) or he elevated a lesser team and did just as well. He didn’t look good last playoffs, not the two years before where he needed less points than his season average to win against San Fran, which he lost both those games. Obviously we need a better defense so homers will stop blaming the underpaid defense that we haven’t put any money into before last year. Our offense was paid to score 30+ for the majority of Daks second contract and the defense was paid at the bottom of the league. That didn’t work and that’s what you get when you pay a QB to be elite but he need a lot of talent to make him look that way. Hope that helps you to understand why Dak has failed leadership 101. Comes with accountability, which he needs to own up to now.

ghst187

Reaction score
I keep hearing all the talking heads running with this troupe . . . and simple minded Cowboy Fans repeat it
Perhaps you are the one who’s wrong in your assessment…..hmmmm?
If he sees the field well, diagnoses defenses quickly wth doesn’t he know where to go with the ball, why does it come out so late, and why hasn’t that improved dramatically after three full nfl offseason under his belt…? What is your explanation for why he isn’t performing?

ghst187

Reaction score
You don’t know the entire context of all the plays. And what you say is late, may not be at all.
YoI Already hate the player, so it does not really matter.
Here we go…..smh
Criticize a player and it’s automatically that someone hates them like it’s personal and that’s why someone criticizes them….thats a toddler’s debate strategy.
And for the record, it would be fantastic if Lance turned into a HOFer and took over for Dak…so no….i don’t have personal feelings for or against Lance. I would be elated to be proven wrong, I just don’t think it will happen.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey is a bust. 4th year in the league and he's still 3rd in the cowboys depth chart. Rush throws circles around this kid. He's athletic but just enough for him to get hurt if he ever starts a few games. Lance is a good practice squad QB but that's all.

CWR

Reaction score
A week ago you all were claiming Trey was a bust after a few throws against the Rams. Now the same are saying he played better than everyone except Caleb yesterday.
Here is what you do not understand. Trey did not play much high school football and then only played one year of essentially junior college football. You want to compare him to QBs who played for years in major football programs. Now I guess it might be fair since the 49ers saw something in him that ended up costing them lots of ones. Drafting is not an exact science. Trey didn’t work out but the last player in the draft did. Who would have thunk it!!

Here is what we see in Lance. He is a gifted athlete. He had command of the football team and leads well. His accuracy is not always great. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. He shows nice touch in his wheel routes and bootleg passes short. Much better than Dak. In two games he has taken good care of the ball. No fumbles or INTs. Dak is careless with many of his passes and he has been doing this for nine years as a pro.

Trey can be used situationally throughout the season to show a different look and take advantage of his his dramatic running ability.
As others have pointed out we are not keeping him around for short money so he may be grooming for a chance on another team.

I for one, have seen all I need to see from Dak. He is a nice guy. He can load up stats as good as the next guy, especially when the defense gives him scores from turnovers. He is a great front runner. He is a good in season bus driver of a QB. He is awful in the post season. Danny White HD better success than Dak and he was a hit mess in the playoffs. Dak is more like Craig Morton without Morton’s tremendous arm strength. Bottom line, if you want to win in the post season Dak is not your answer.
Jerruh will keep him, pay him a ton of money because for 16 games he is more than serviceable and frankly that is all that is needed to keep the fans spending money on merchandise, tickets, and food and beverages at Jerruh World. Jerruh is a master at making money. There is no denying that!!

Back to Trey. I think there is raw talent and a possibility to be a good QB in the league. I am not taking out the anointing oil just yet. But the drumbeat from some last week that he is a bust was unwarranted and premature.
Let’s all watch his improvement over time and then decide.
I am rooting for this young man. He seems like a diligent and hard working player. You don’t go from playing against weak opponents in junior college to playing in the NFL seamlessly. .

Mod Edit: added spaces / lines for an easier read
My problem with Lance is where he is vs how long we have him under contract. He's not far enough along they'll want to depend on him. So the question is can they keep him under contract at a number that makes sense.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Here is what you do not understand. Trey did not play much high school football and then only played one year of essentially junior college football. You want to compare him to QBs who played for years in major football programs. Now I guess it might be fair since the 49ers saw something in him that ended up costing them lots of ones. Drafting is not an exact science. Trey didn’t work out but the last player in the draft did. Who would have thunk it!!

Here is what we see in Lance. He is a gifted athlete. He had command of the football team and leads well. His accuracy is not always great. Can it be fixed? I don’t know. He shows nice touch in his wheel routes and bootleg passes short. Much better than Dak. In two games he has taken good care of the ball. No fumbles or INTs. Dak is careless with many of his passes and he has been doing this for nine years as a pro.

Trey can be used situationally throughout the season to show a different look and take advantage of his his dramatic running ability.
As others have pointed out we are not keeping him around for short money so he may be grooming for a chance on another team.

I for one, have seen all I need to see from Dak. He is a nice guy. He can load up stats as good as the next guy, especially when the defense gives him scores from turnovers. He is a great front runner. He is a good in season bus driver of a QB. He is awful in the post season. Danny White HD better success than Dak and he was a hit mess in the playoffs. Dak is more like Craig Morton without Morton’s tremendous arm strength. Bottom line, if you want to win in the post season Dak is not your answer.
Jerruh will keep him, pay him a ton of money because for 16 games he is more than serviceable and frankly that is all that is needed to keep the fans spending money on merchandise, tickets, and food and beverages at Jerruh World. Jerruh is a master at making money. There is no denying that!!

Back to Trey. I think there is raw talent and a possibility to be a good QB in the league. I am not taking out the anointing oil just yet. But the drumbeat from some last week that he is a bust was unwarranted and premature.
Let’s all watch his improvement over time and then decide.
I am rooting for this young man. He seems like a diligent and hard working player. You don’t go from playing against weak opponents in junior college to playing in the NFL seamlessly. .

Mod Edit: added spaces / lines for an easier read
I'm not sure I see potential to be a good QB in the league at this stage due to accuracy consistency, but depends on how you define good QB. Definitely potential to be a good backup though. The best things he does is use his legs and seems to protect the football, 2 traits that certainly help backup QBs manage the game and stay employed.

I'm glad to see his progress from week 1 to week 2, I'm rooting for him too for multiple reasons but also have to be realistic on expectations not facing many defensive starters.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Dak is more like Craig Morton without Morton’s tremendous arm strength.
Craig Morton
183 Td's 187 Int's
Completion percentage 54.2
Passer rating 73.5

Dak Prescott
202 Td's 74 Int's
Completion percentage 67.0 percent
Passer rating 99.0 percent

They are NOTHING alike.
Morton wouldn't even be in the NFL in modern times.
Put Dak on that team Craig was lucky enough to win a SB with they go undefeated.

Last edited:

Pokes12

Reaction score

The expectations for Trey are inflated because of the huge mistake made by SF when they drafted him. In hindsight would anyone make him a first rounder? I don’t think so. But if you view him as a fourth rounder he is a bargain and a work in progress. As others have pointed out his future lies with another team because of the cap and the needs other teams have for a QB. Dak ain’t the answer and Trey and Rush ain’t either. Will Greier looked really good for a couple of preseason games. He is now a fourth stringer in Eagle land. QB is a tough position. Lots of OK players and then a very few great ones. Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Dak, Tua are good but not great. Mahones is great. He is singular in his prowess to carry his team to victory none of the others have that on any consistent basis. Our next great QB has not identified himself yet. He may be playing Pop Warner.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A week ago you all were claiming Trey was a bust after a few throws against the Rams.
We have 3 seasons of riding the bench/getting traded as proof that he can’t play and 1 preseason game where he looked fine as proof that he can.

He has the raw physical ability to be really good, but we all know that is only half of playing the QB position.

He definitely could turn into something, but I’m not holding my breath.

Creeper

Reaction score
You do not know if they can win a Super Bowl with him or not. And why is that your standard

If they don't pay Dak then no it doesn't "mean" Lance should get the job but he is the closest to the heir apparent and that appears not to be a bad thing. The kid had talent and Jerry got his rights for a 4th.

Only downside is that they did not pick up His option and he is not under contract next year. But the other QB is not either and neither is the Coach. At this point in time the only one guaranteed to be here next year is Jerry

Everyone is clueless to what Lance is and we are all taking an active look at this preseason to see what he is. He is flashing

He is only 1 year older then Dak was his rookie year. Which is to say he is young. But he is in a unique situation in that he will be a free agent next year so Jerry will have to make a hard decision this season and oh by the way Dak wants to break the record for highest paid QB because he is also a free agent

I feel for Lance because there is a segment of the Fan Base that are dug in deep with Dak and feel intimidated and or act as Lance is a Bust

The Kid is talented and a unique situation in San Fran made him expendable and Jerry pounced. I for one am glad but I am not for sure what His future here is exactly. It is long season and I will enjoy watching the Leaves Fall

Right. I do not know. It is just my opinion. It is not my standard, it seems to be the standard of teh group. The knock on Dak after 3 consecutive 12 win seasons is he hasn't won the big one so I assume the reason for moving on to a new QB is to get further than they did with Dak.

I am not disagreeing that Lance has talent, but that talent has to be developed. He also has warts. Dak has talent too. Remember, Dak in his rookie season took Dallas to 13 wins before losing a tough one to the Packers.

You can root for Lance. No one is stopping you. I am just expressing my opinions about the player. We have seen him play in 2 preseason games. He spent 2 years in SF before that where they tried to coach him and give him some opportunities too. The point is we have seen nothing that tells us Lance can take over for Dak next season and win enough games to get in the playoffs. As I said. He has some significant flaws - after 4 years in the NFL.