Forgive forget Jerry and have actual hope

Blitzen

Reaction score
I've felt like many of you that the culture and working atmosphere that Jerry creates undermines most coaches authorities. Generally by perception mixed with actual reality. Players and coaches that are forced into the roster. Selling instead of proving. Going to bat for problem players with talent, etc. Giving routine interviews and rarely saying no to the microphone.

What would ever convince you that he was really changed and ready to trust the organization?

Mine is a full meal culpa from Jerry nationally televised that details how his method of doing things has significantly contributed to failing in the playoffs for the past 24 years. That Jimmy orchestrated the 90s super bowls and is a vastly better evaluator of football talent. That he is naming someone with extensive football knowledge and proven record as the general manager and personnel manager for the team. That those individuals will not ever have to share the stage with him or anyone else from his family about Cowboys related professional business decisions (including drafting, singing players and coaches). That he will no longer give weekly interviews, go to player coaches meetings personally, or give speeches to the squad about performance unless it is after a super bowl win. That his performance as GM has been inadequate and deserving of termination and to that end he will finally be accountable and follow through with this decision.

Yes, I know. Pie in the sky. How about you guys? Any signatures in blood? Public sacrifices? Crying and begging?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I owned the team I would be very involved. But not being in his situation I don’t know if I would be the GM.

Creeper

Reaction score
It looks like Jerry is going to take a half of step back at least for now. But what if McCarthy fails to get the Cowboys to the playoffs? Jerry will be convinced he is not the problem after all and he will inject himself back into everything like he did after Parcells left. The only thing that will convince me Jerry has truly back away is a couple of years of Jerry staying out of the limelight and giving interviews about the players, games and other operational stuff. He hasn't done that yet so I think he still has his claws in there somewhere.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If I owned the team I would be very involved. But not being in his situation I don’t know if I would be the GM.

I would be just as involved. But while I know my limitations and would hire the best person available, Jerry ignores his and does things the way he thinks they should be done. After constantly coming up short over the past 25 years, you would think that at some point he would realize who/what the real problem is.

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't know that it's about forgiveness.
Jerry slapped the truest fans of the Cowboys in the face for twelve years.
It remains to be seen if those fans will still care anymore.
It remains to be seen if those fans have the ability to care anymore.

GMO415

Reaction score
So far it looks like the old man is respecting the "stay away" order imposed by Steven and us fans. Hahaha

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jerry talks to the media, so he can be seen and heard on a routine basis. With that much publicity comes recognition and he uses that recognition to create influence.

But Jerry ramblings is not the problem. The Cowboys lack of identity is the problem. They don't know if they want to be a physical team or a finesse team. If you don't have an identity then you don't know how to draft. How are you going to draft a player to fit your identity when you don't have one. And that's why they just draft talent. They put talent out there and just hope our talent is better than the other teams. We end up with a talented team with no heart and no identity.

50cent

Reaction score
1. Name a GM that doesn't have the last name Jones and give him full control.
2. No post, pre, during game interviews.
3. CLOSED DOOR POLICY WITH PLAYERS AND COACHES.
4. Sideline pass revoked for games and training camp. Stay away and let coaches be face of authority.
5. Can not speak to team postgame before coaches
6. Zero say in draft room and FA signings.
7. No weekly radio interviews

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would be just as involved. But while I know my limitations and would hire the best person available, Jerry ignores his and does things the way he thinks they should be done. After constantly coming up short over the past 25 years, you would think that at some point he would realize who/what the real problem is.
I think he does realize but not interested in owning a team unless he is involved.

He bought a team to be a celebrity football guy. Not to just be an owner.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't know that it's about forgiveness.
Jerry slapped the truest fans of the Cowboys in the face for twelve years.
It remains to be seen if those fans will still care anymore.
It remains to be seen if those fans have the ability to care anymore.
Twelve?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I've felt like many of you that the culture and working atmosphere that Jerry creates undermines most coaches authorities. Generally by perception mixed with actual reality. Players and coaches that are forced into the roster. Selling instead of proving. Going to bat for problem players with talent, etc. Giving routine interviews and rarely saying no to the microphone.

What would ever convince you that he was really changed and ready to trust the organization?

Mine is a full meal culpa from Jerry nationally televised that details how his method of doing things has significantly contributed to failing in the playoffs for the past 24 years. That Jimmy orchestrated the 90s super bowls and is a vastly better evaluator of football talent. That he is naming someone with extensive football knowledge and proven record as the general manager and personnel manager for the team. That those individuals will not ever have to share the stage with him or anyone else from his family about Cowboys related professional business decisions (including drafting, singing players and coaches). That he will no longer give weekly interviews, go to player coaches meetings personally, or give speeches to the squad about performance unless it is after a super bowl win. That his performance as GM has been inadequate and deserving of termination and to that end he will finally be accountable and follow through with this decision.

Yes, I know. Pie in the sky. How about you guys? Any signatures in blood? Public sacrifices? Crying and begging?

I have tried this numerous times with Jerrah. Might as well give him a 10th chance it’s not like I could ever switch teams.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I remember the days we needed the so called "last piece to the puzzle". The puzzle is now complete.

Hopefully the new era will bring America's Team back to the promised land where we as fans can walk with that skip and chip on our shoulders.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry not meddling with the team? That's like Roger Rabbit trying to resist the old, Shave and a haircut, trick.

source.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score

What are my choices?

Actually there aren't any. Its Jerry's team and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

But in reality Will McClay has been making the football decisions for at least five years. Jerry is just a veto authority at this point with a very night yacht to occupy his time.

cowboyed

Reaction score
When things go wrong Jerry gets an avalanche of hate, when things go right his critics ladle praise with an eye-dropper.

Believe me, I don't feel sorry for Jerry I would like to see him just tuck himself away in other ownership business and not pretend to be the GM, because in reality that is Will McClay, Stephen and likely Mike McCarthy, Rob Davis to some extent.