Twitter: Former Charger defensive line coach Giff Smith to interview with Cowboys today

cowboyec

Reaction score
i just hope he's fat...and wears a hoody.
dline coaches that are worth a damn always seem to be grouchy,fat and always wearing a hoody.

wait....thats me....never mind.

quickccc

Reaction score
Giff Smith was formerly DL coach for Gus Bradley, newly DC with Raiders, when Bradley was DC of the Chargers.
Been DL coach there for last several years and he's being credit with development
of such as Joey Bosa, Kyle Williams Jerrell Casey and Melvin Ingram.

My guess is Giff would probably have joined Gus Bradley in Raidas land if Gruden isn't influencing the new DC to retain DL coach Rod Marinelli who worked with Gruden in Tampa dayz.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long-time defensive line coach Giff Smith heads into his fifth season coaching the position for the Chargers. Smith coached four players (Joey Bosa, Jurrell Casey, Melvin Ingram III and Kyle Williams) to a total of eight Pro Bowl selections and defensive tackle Kyle Williams to second-team All-Pro honors in 2010 from The Associated Press.

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/giff-smith

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We are assembling a coaching staff of extraordinary magnitude.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
At DL, Jerry is going to push for Lett's retention as an assistant. I've read he really has a good connection with the DL guys which is really all you need out of that role