Former Cowboys guard Matt Farniok was signed to the Lions' practice squad

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a name I haven't heard in a minute.

Lions Sign Cowboys Ex Lineman Ahead of NFC Championship Game vs. 49ers​

While the Cowboys won't be participating in the NFC Championship game on Sunday, a former Dallas offensive lineman might be.

Timm Hamm
1/26/24

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys won't be taking part in the NFC Championship game in San Francisco on Sunday, but a former guard might be.

On Tuesday, former Cowboys guard Matt Farniok was signed to the Lions' practice squad ahead of Detroit's matchup with the 49ers at Levi's Stadium on Sunday.

Farniok was drafted by the Cowboys in the seventh round in 2021 and released by Dallas this past August after falling behind rookies Asim Richards and T.J. Bass on the depth chart.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...t-lions-sign-matt-farniok-san-francisco-49ers

matt-farniok.jpg

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He was decent here for a late round draft pick. Richards, Bass, Waletzko, and Ball were just better.

Creeper

Reaction score
I liked him for depth last year, but I don't think he would have played this year. I think he has the heart just not the physical tools.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
None of those guys are particularly decent outside of Bass. Dallas just has a very active marketing department.
Oh, sure … and you know this how? A reject gets put on the PS of a team playing in the NFC CG. Logic would dictate the guys who beat him are better.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

While the Cowboys won't be participating in the NFC Championship game on Sunday, a former Dallas offensive lineman might be.

Timm Hamm
1/26/24

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys won't be taking part in the NFC Championship game in San Francisco on Sunday, but a former guard might be.

On Tuesday, former Cowboys guard Matt Farniok was signed to the Lions' practice squad ahead of Detroit's matchup with the 49ers at Levi's Stadium on Sunday.

Farniok was drafted by the Cowboys in the seventh round in 2021 and released by Dallas this past August after falling behind rookies Asim Richards and T.J. Bass on the depth chart.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...t-lions-sign-matt-farniok-san-francisco-49ers

matt-farniok.jpg
That is what happens to all the players that leave the Arlington Jonesboys...Success elsewhere.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope Matt Farniok gets to start and tears it up against the 49ers. That way I can laugh at this joke of a franchise, joke of coaches and joke of fans who have mocked me the past year + about Farniok.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is what happens to all the players that leave the Arlington Jonesboys...Success elsewhere.

Timm Hamm
1/26/24

matt-farniok.jpg

He has been on and off the Lions practice squad.

Also signed and cut from Bears practice squad this season.

Success?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Timm Hamm
1/26/24

matt-farniok.jpg
Good for him.

BusDriver

Reaction score
I hope Matt Farniok gets to start and tears it up against the 49ers. That way I can laugh at this joke of a franchise, joke of coaches and joke of fans who have mocked me the past year + about Farniok.
I’ll take good luck with that aging well, for a 1000, Alex.

However, I feel AC needs this soooooooo bad to vindicate his knowledge over 31 other NFL teams’ personal and this board full of ultimate madden GMs … so I want this for him … bc, let’s be real here, I don’t think anyone wants him to feel mocked.

Here’s to hoping he whoops it up … real nice opportunity for a guy who left on rocky terms and always seemed to max effort.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll take good luck with that aging well, for a 1000, Alex.

However, I feel AC needs this soooooooo bad to vindicate his knowledge over 31 other NFL teams’ personal and this board full of ultimate madden GMs … so I want this for him … bc, let’s be real here, I don’t think anyone wants him to feel mocked.

Here’s to hoping he whoops it up … real nice opportunity for a guy who left on rocky terms and always seemed to max effort.
Yeah, you would hate for Farniok to get a starting chance and play well.