Former Cowboys guard Matt Farniok was signed to the Lions' practice squad

BusDriver

Reaction score
Someone can't handle the Cowboys being wrong once again when it comes to the Oline.
Lol … 32 teams unanimously agreed he wasn’t worth signing until what week 20? 2 potential games left in the season.

I don’t think this has anything to do with be able to handle the Cowboy’s being wrong … afterall, in order to be a Cowboys fan, one must inherently handle the Cowboys being wrong an awful lot.

Motorola

Reaction score
He was decent here for a late round draft pick. Richards, Bass, WATLETZKO, and Ball were just better.
Matt Watletzko -- whom in two seasons with the Cowboys -- has played a total of FOUR GAMES - THREE in 2022, ONE in 2023.
Total snap counts on offense- 7 plays in 2022, 1 play in 2023.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Someone can't handle the Cowboys being wrong once again when it comes to the Oline.
Keeping Bass over Farniok was wrong?
Keeping Richards over Farniok was wrong?

I guarantee you that 31 teams would have put in a waiver claim for Richards or Bass if the Cowboys cut either.

I guarantee you Waletzko would have had at least 10 waiver claims if the Cowboys cut him over Farniok.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Matt Watletzko -- whom in two seasons with the Cowboys -- has played a total of FOUR GAMES - THREE in 2022, ONE in 2023.
Total snap counts on offense- 7 plays in 2022, 1 play in 2023.
He was on IR in 2023 for 10 weeks or so. He wasn’t getting playing time with Martin, Smith, and Bass ahead of him at guard and Steele, Tyron, Edoga, and Richards ahead of him at tackle.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Keeping Bass over Farniok was wrong?
Keeping Richards over Farniok was wrong?

I guarantee you that 31 teams would have put in a waiver claim for Richards or Bass if the Cowboys cut either.

I guarantee you Waletzko would have had at least 10 waiver claims if the Cowboys cut him over Farniok.
Farniok was never a Tackle, so the Waletzko comparison holds no water. Plus, Waletzko is trash. Always injured and the few times he has ever touched the field (preseason), he has not looked good.

Motorola

Reaction score
He was on IR in 2023 for 10 weeks or so. He wasn’t getting playing time with Martin, Smith, and Bass ahead of him at guard and Steele, Tyron, Edoga, and Richards ahead of him at tackle.
Which translates to Watletzko has basically not played his two seasons with Dallas.
He's a player hanging on to club despite spending 99% of his time with the Cowboys "in the tub".
Far cry from a ringing endorsement that he's better than Farniok.

conner01

Reaction score
He has been on and off the Lions practice squad.

Also signed and cut from Bears practice squad this season.

Success?
Not much success. I always thought he was never gonna be a guard but might could develop as a center. The facts he’s on the street to get signed may show why no nfl team has hired me as their GM lol

jwitten82

Reaction score
I hope Matt Farniok gets to start and tears it up against the 49ers. That way I can laugh at this joke of a franchise, joke of coaches and joke of fans who have mocked me the past year + about Farniok.
Matt Farniok sucks. You were wrong about him, just like you were wrong about Alacron. You are horrible at recognizing talent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Matt Farniok sucks. You were wrong about him, just like you were wrong about Alacron. You are horrible at recognizing talent.
Yeah, that's why Farniok is going to be playing in the NFC Championship Game in 2 days while our Olinemen watch at home.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Far—-neee——-okkk!!!!!! I’m rooting for him. If he can rostered somewhere for 3 more games, he’s got his NFL pension. Let’s go!