News: Former Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber found dead in his apartment by Frisco police

RoboQB

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before but I'd like to say thanks one more time.

It was a Sunday night game in the rain in Landover, MD.
The Barbarian ran the final 7+ minutes off the clock in
what would be a 14-7 victory. 4 yards, 7 yards, 5 yards, 8 yards,
with each run the remaining home fans shuffled out of FedEx Field.
By the final moments, Cowboys fans were shouting across the field
at each other in pure bliss. One last time, thank you, Marion Barber.
May you rest in peace.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Always sad to lose a former Cowboy, especially one so young. His father and siblings must be devastated.

Barber's bruising style was fun to watch. Whether that contributed to his passing is unknown, but he lived his NFL dream and brought joy to a lot of people.

Thanks, MBIII. May you be forever in peace.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Fun to watch. Part of the game though and this will always be the risk - either you completely neuter the sport or you just accept this will be part of it. RIP, he was pretty much the Marshawn Lynch-lite.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fun to watch. Part of the game though and this will always be the risk - either you completely neuter the sport or you just accept this will be part of it. RIP, he was pretty much the Marshawn Lynch-lite.
Great point. It's a collision sport and this can be the result.

I'll miss his Ultimate Warrior celebrations when he battled for a 1st. He was not scared.

CWR

Reaction score
He really was a Cowboy for only a brief period. The responses I've seen demonstrate how much he was loved by this fanbase. In just a few short years, and without gaudy statistics, he became one of my all-time favorites. He was a different breed. The guy played RB like a LB out headhunting. GODSPEED MB3.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is NOT a thread for debates!

If you debate, argue, insult, etc. you will be thread-banned and your account suspended!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is NOT a thread for debates!

If you debate, argue, insult, etc. you will be thread-banned and your account suspended!