News: Former Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber found dead in his apartment by Frisco police

Toro9

Reaction score
This hits hard. I have BPD, depression and anxiety and I was hoping MB3 could've overcome his struggles. I don't like to speculate but I'm guessing it was a suicide. Sad time for Cowboys Nation and the Barber Family.

RIP Marion Barber III
We love you and I hope you get some peace

plymkr

Reaction score
It's been a couple days now and I'm still a little messed up about this. I really liked MB3 and am sad he's gone. It sucks knowing his post playing days were not that great and then to know he's not with us anymore is heartbreaking. Sad situation and tragic.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was one of those RB that could get you excited and pump the whole team up with one run. Nothing there and he emerges from the potential tackle and takes off. Just tough. We all remember that run out of the back of the endzone. How many tackles did he break.. just ridiculous. For a minute I thought he was taking it to the house. Lol. Not the fastest but I would not have wanted to tackle him.
Even if he didn't get the first down, he fired up the offense and the crowd. He was literally a game changer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This hits hard. I have BPD, depression and anxiety and I was hoping MB3 could've overcome his struggles. I don't like to speculate but I'm guessing it was a suicide. Sad time for Cowboys Nation and the Barber Family.

RIP Marion Barber III
We love you and I hope you get some peace
I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with that at all, let alone being a public figure.

Strength to you moving ahead.

Reactions: BAT

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wonder what led to the discovery of the body. Perhaps some concerned family member or friend?

Motorola

Reaction score
Amen, I only hope he knew how highly regarded he is in Cowboys history.
Recognition during the week before and at a home game this upcoming season - the franchise and fans can show Marion's family and friends how much he was appreciated.

cowboyec

Reaction score
cowboys in heaven just got themselves a rb who will get that td on the goal-line...thats for damn sure.
still sad.
still missed.
:bow:MARION BARBER:bow:

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Loved watched barber play, he’d come through that line just looking for somebody to run over. Contact just made him run harder. Always admired his style of play.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Some sad stuff. Anyone who followed MB3 after football knew something tragic was coming. I wish someone could have stepped in and saved him. As Parcells said, about as close to a perfect running back as you can get. Run, catch, block, play through anything, clutch and one hell of a wrecking ball.