Former Falcons’ QB Marcus Mariota reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles

Sydla

Reaction score
Howie with unlimited cap lol
So far they have lost really one and a half key pieces. Hargrave was a big loss. Edwards was kind of a loss at LB. But in both cases, they are counting on young guys they drafted - Davis and Dean - to fill the void. They also have two first round picks.

Their demise, as predicted by the homers, was greatly exaggerated.

The last big thing on their board is Gardner-Johnson. If they get him back, it's hard to argue that they got mauled in FA like some here predicted.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
So far they have lost really one and a half key pieces. Hargrave was a big loss. Edwards was kind of a loss at LB. But in both cases, they are counting on young guys they drafted - Davis and Dean - to fill the void. They also have two first round picks.

The last big thing on their board is Gardner-Johnson. If they get him back, it's hard to argue that they got mauled in FA like some here predicted.

Then they have 2 first round picks, tell you the truth, I hate them with passion but have to give them props.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I think CJGJ will likely go to Denver. Would be sort of shocked (but pleased) if the Eagles managed to bring him back. Howie’s done about as much as possible I think. There were always going to be losses this off-season.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think CJGJ will likely go to Denver. Would be sort of shocked (but pleased) if the Eagles managed to bring him back. Howie’s done about as much as possible I think. There were always going to be losses this off-season.
I saw that he apparently had a tweet lamenting the disrespect a team showed him and then deleted it. People were opining he was talking about Philly.

If CJGJ bolts, despite getting their CBs back, they now have issues at safety with Epps also leaving in FA. I know Philly fans think Blankenship can fill in but he looks like a decent backup to me.

silvernblu

Reaction score
What are our prospects for back up right now? This is kind of important.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I saw that he apparently had a tweet lamenting the disrespect a team showed him and then deleted it. People were opining he was talking about Philly.

If CJGJ bolts, despite getting their CBs back, they now have issues at safety with Epps also leaving in FA. I know Philly fans think Blankenship can fill in but he looks like a decent backup to me.
Agree…I’m not as high on Blankenship as some. He’s not terrible, but I liked Epps better than most Eagle fans did.

It’s hard to be stacked at every position. I think the Eagles got about as close as you can get last year. Can’t have that every year lol

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Great signing for them. Once upon a time, they wanted to draft him.
Is it though? That’s a lot of money for a backup imo. Minshew was half the price for them and imo a better player. At the very least similar

DandyDon52

Reaction score
HC Arthur Smith decided to start rookie QB Desmond Ridder to see what he could do for the last 4 games of season.
Instead of sticking around to help the young guy, Mariota pouted - then said he had to leave the team take care of a "knee injury" - that no one on the Falcons' medical staff or coaches were aware of --- because Mariota did not miss a snap during the first 13 games.
Atlanta had lost 4 of its previous 5 games when the head coach benched the veteran QB. When that happened, Mariota all of a sudden had a "knee injury" that required him "stepping away" from the team.
playing for phil will be totally different than playing for atlanta.
Him leaving after being benched is no big deal , he knew he would not be with atlanta in 23, and they were not playing for chance for playoffs.
He could have had a knee that hurt, so why stay and just stand on sidelines. QB's that are replaced usually are not much help to the guy
that is replacing them. They have qb coach for that.

He is mainly just a running qb now, ask him to throw much and he will throw a dumb int.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Major differences between ATL and PHL talent.
I typically agree with things like that, but it really doesn't matter if the QB can't throw the football. Falcons fans were openly calling for Mariota to be benched last season because he constantly missed Pitts and London on wide open passes. He was terrible. Pitts "off target" rate when he was open was being reported at around 30% around the time he was hurt and London was around 20%.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I typically agree with things like that, but it really doesn't matter if the QB can't throw the football. Falcons fans were openly calling for Mariota to be benched last season because he constantly missed Pitts and London on wide open passes. He was terrible. Pitts "off target" rate when he was open was being reported at around 30% around the time he was hurt and London was around 20%.
I admit that I did not watch the Falcons much because they didn't show up on the Red Zone channel.

However, they're a running team and that favors the strength of his game.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Is it though? That’s a lot of money for a backup imo. Minshew was half the price for them and imo a better player. At the very least similar
Once EA sports puts Hurts on the cover of Madden 24, he is jinxed, misses 6 games and they have Mariota as backup running QB.