Twitter: Former GM, Randy Mueller top 10 QBs under age 33, Dak's 7

Jipper

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
I believe most people think Dak is an above average QB. I think what a lot of people have a problem with is Dak getting paid elite money and maybe even setting a new market for QB’s while not even close to being elite.
Seriously, that's what it is. Very very few posters think he is either elite or terrible. Maybe dozen or fewer on the entire site.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I believe most people think Dak is an above average QB. I think what a lot of people have a problem with is Dak getting paid elite money and maybe even setting a new market for QB’s while not even close to being elite.
We fully understand what they are crying about because they tell us every post.

Any QB on that list costs more than they should when they are signed to an extension because that's how QB play works.

Dak isn't setting a new market. He's playing the market Watson/Mahomes set while Dallas sat on its hand and tagged Dak last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think what a lot of people have a problem with is Dak getting paid elite money and maybe even setting a new market for QB’s while not even close to being elite.
That's it exactly. Paying him as much as Russell Wilson is super crazy.

Be successful and win in January and then you get paid. Not the other way around.

Nexx

Reaction score

Any QB on that list costs more than they should when they are signed to an extension because that's how QB play works.

Dak isn't setting a new market. He's playing the market Watson/Mahomes set while Dallas sat on its hand and tagged Dak last year.

It doesn’t have to be. When did Tom Brady ever the market? The few who did recently are elite, Mahomes and Wilson. Is Tannehill as good as Dak? I would say so maybe better. Look at his contact.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's it exactly. Paying him as much as Russell Wilson is super crazy.

Be successful and win in January and then you get paid. Not the other way around.

Pretty sure Dak's on record saying he doesn't deserve as much as Wilson until he wins a SB BUT that was 2 years ago. Wilson 's contract has now fallen a little below the standard.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just for the record......please don't post any BS about Dak wanting $40M coz we have no proof, none. The most we've heard with some validation is $37M.

HanD

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be. When did Tom Brady ever the market? The few who did recently are elite, Mahomes and Wilson. Is Tannehill as good as Dak? I would say so maybe better. Look at his contact.
agree but Tannheill is not better close to the same so yes Daks wanting elite money from being just very good is the issue.. tannehill type money should be Daks market..i say not dime over 35/..to those that keep saying Jones dropped the ball not signing him earler, sat on their hands , really what clueless world do you live in?

they offered serious big time top 5 money and dak refused it.they did no such thing as to sit on their hands..some fans just dont get it..you are worth what your boss offers you..you dont always get what you demand..Jones did the smart thing vs what philly and LA did amongst others..

so lets be real Dak did this to himself not Jerry, he turned down 4 offers..then gets hurt and gives us 4 games for 32 mil..to be 9-12 in your last starts and want even Watson money is unrealistic..i know its not just his record but he is the QB wanting more then 2times the next guy on the team, well elite players carry teams even bad ones at times

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
For context this a former GM and the list probably undersells Dak if anything.
It includes two 32 year olds who likely do not see salary increases on new deals. Stafford and Tannehill --tho below Dak
And 1 in Russ who is very, very good.
But 3 of ten being 32 show how broad the list is.

It also includes rookie Herbert who looks good but ranks 14th in both Rating and ESPN QBR and will almost certainly have anew coach next year.
And it includes Lawrence who is a scouts spicy dream but whose play has been flat across 3 years... ALL 3 were very good but there is a sense of maxed out about Lawrence.
He's not great at avoiding sacks or getting through reads.
He honestly feels like a DeShawn Watson clone. And it is kinda cool that this ex-GM ranks him 1 spot below Watson as he recognizes that.

FWIW I'd rank Dak 5th on this list. I'd have him ahead of Watson by 1 spot. --I think Dak processes reads a but faster and has greater deep ball tough so I'd slightly favor that over Watson's bigger arm and better pure speed.
I'd probably rank Herbert lower than Dak as well but would have Lamar Jackson on this list in that spot.
LJ does have some weaknesses as a passing QB but his unique abilities as an escape artist and runner cover a lot of passing weakness and buy time for development.
It is really hard to beat a team LJ QBs and that's ultimately the job, to win games.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
LOL, Dak is 7 among those under 33
Next year most NFL GMs would put Burrow above him
You add Brady, Brees and suddenly Dak is at 10 overall

After 5 years in the NFL Dak is who he is
He’s good not great

he will need a lot of help to have any hope of winning a SB

Bottom line is he does not deserve 35+ million or we are not winning a SB with him

HanD

Reaction score
no one would dispute he deserved it
I'm just responding to you saying brady never reset the market.

I think 40 is too much but 32 - 35 is about right. That's just how qb contracts go. It won't be the highest in a couple years and cap will go up.

Tannehill is way older than dak with less impressive seasons in mia. Sure being in mia was a product of that but he had a good season with tenn and decided to get what he could. Different scenario imo.

Proof

Reaction score
I mean this list excludes the older guard (Brady, Arod, Ben, Brees) if you include them it pushes Dak down on the 10-12 range which I don’t think raises many eyebrows in his detractors. Outside of the usual suspects obviously.

Qcard

Reaction score

Dak Hate has nothing to do with extension or size of contract....We know exactly what they are crying about every time they move the goal post.