Twitter: Former GM, Randy Mueller top 10 QBs under age 33, Dak's 7

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don’t get how this is a pro dak article? If he’s the 7th best under 33 you’re borderline top 10, possibly outside top 10 once you add in the older guys like Rogers. That’s the definition of average, and pretty in line with where most “haters” would put dak....pretty good, not elite.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I believe most people think Dak is an above average QB. I think what a lot of people have a problem with is Dak getting paid elite money and maybe even setting a new market for QB’s while not even close to being elite.

Those are the people that just dont understand QB contracts. What your talking about is the going rate. And despite what some think, Dak is every bit close to elite. In fact, he may very well be elite now. Dak is easily top 7 and in a year will be top 5.

So even this ELITE notion is getting blown out of the water.

conner01

Reaction score
I believe most people think Dak is an above average QB. I think what a lot of people have a problem with is Dak getting paid elite money and maybe even setting a new market for QB’s while not even close to being elite.
Contracts aren’t determined by status as much as timing
If the top QB’s contract is 3 years old then the 5th best player comes up he’s gonna get more than the best got 3 years earlier

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My list, Dak has a greater body of work then Herbert. Alot of Qb's who start year 1 drop off in production year 2 as DC's had a full offseason to find their weaknesses. Id move Herbert past Dak if he continues to show improvement. Lawrence needs to be #10 or not on the list simply because of how many QB busts their have been.

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Wilson
4. Dak
5. Watson
6. Herbert
7. Burrow
8. Stafford (feels like he has been in the league forever)
9. Tannehill
10. Lawrence

Hebert past Dak? Thats not even in the conversation yet. As far as Allen, no way I take Allen over Dak. One GREAT year for Allen doenst trump what Dak has done.

Rogers is missing from that list also.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak's ranking here is nothing new. It's consistent with what others the league circles have said. It's odd that his hardest critics are his own Cowboy fans, many, who see him as "just average"

https://www.muellerfootball.com/post/top-10-qb-s-under-age-33

this is so stupid I don't know where to begin...Herbert may have POTENTIAL, but hasn't accomplished anything. Lawrence has zero NFL experience but is already being crowned...

seriously!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
LOL, Dak is 7 among those under 33
Next year most NFL GMs would put Burrow above him
You add Brady, Brees and suddenly Dak is at 10 overall

After 5 years in the NFL Dak is who he is
He’s good not great

he will need a lot of help to have any hope of winning a SB

Bottom line is he does not deserve 35+ million or we are not winning a SB with him

I wouldn't say never, just very unlikely. A team with a better QB has an advantage to begin with. The only way to make up for that advantage is in their contract. If your cap hit is equal to a great quarterback and you don't have one, you're called the Vikings or Eagles.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

cowboyec

Reaction score
THIS is the problem; insane comments like this that force rational people to react strongly. Dak is better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Herbert and arguably Watson ?..Dak is a little above average and probably in the top 10 but he is way closer to 10 than top 4. He does not perform at an elite level so does not merit elite money. Geez, he has trouble consistently hitting receivers in stride without putting the ball too high or low or too far behind or ahead.
where did i say he was better than brees,rodgers,brady etc...
they aren't even in the top 10 list this writer is talking about.
if you would read the article...you would then understand my post.
of the 10 qbs this writer ranks in his article....i would put Dak at 4....behind mahomes,wilson and allen.
first...seek to understand....then seek to be understood.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, not everyone knows what your talking about, so why don't you just tell us, huh? Tell everyone what everyone is crying about otherwise don't make a dumb post like this hoping everyone knows. Spit it out big boy!

Did you notice that @Qcard did not answer. Where are all his "moved the goal posts" crap now? He makes an insinuation then runs because he let his alligator mouth overrun his humming bird azz.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak's ranking here is nothing new. It's consistent with what others the league circles have said. It's odd that his hardest critics are his own Cowboy fans, many, who see him as "just average"

https://www.muellerfootball.com/post/top-10-qb-s-under-age-33

What you are pointing to is nothing new as you note. Add in Brees, Rodgers, etc. and this guy has Dak ranked about where everyone else does.

There are a small number of people who think Dak is a top 5 QB. There are another small but vocal group of people who think Dak is below #15. Outside of that, most fans here have him in the 5 to 15 range. The bigger debate from what I have seen is if a QB in that range is worth $40m per year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What you are pointing to is nothing new as you note. Add in Brees, Rodgers, etc. and this guy has Dak ranked about where everyone else does.

There are a small number of people who think Dak is a top 5 QB. There are another small but vocal group of people who think Dak is below #15. Outside of that, most fans here have him in the 5 to 15 range. The bigger debate from what I have seen is if a QB in that range is worth $40m per year.

Where $40M come from???????

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don’t get how this is a pro dak article? If he’s the 7th best under 33 you’re borderline top 10, possibly outside top 10 once you add in the older guys like Rogers. That’s the definition of average, and pretty in line with where most “haters” would put dak....pretty good, not elite.

Why would somebody who sees Dak as good to average be classified as a hater? I don't understand that?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would somebody who sees Dak as good to average be classified as a hater? I don't understand that?

Want me to help you understand? It's because if you don't lick the bottom of Dak's shoe, you are a hater. Say something really positive, if you can find one, then all the posters that yell "hater" all the time will love you. Get it now?

KB1122

Reaction score
If you have the seventh best quarterback, you might as well have the 25th best quarterback.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Want me to help you understand? It's because if you don't lick the bottom of Dak's shoe, you are a hater. Say something really positive, if you can find one, then all the posters that yell "hater" all the time will love you. Get it now?

These are symptoms, not reasons 5Star. I mean, there is no subjectivity in these discussion, at all. What's driving the majority of this is about something else and that's a damn shame. That's really the thing I hate most. I don't mind people having opinions. I actually really enjoy having discussions with people who use an intelligent, well thought out, opinion. That's how this board used to be, well over 90% of the time, when this board was small. Now, you get whatever this is. This discussion is not about well thought out opinions or even knowledgeable football a lot of the time. This is about something else and it's an ugly thing, to be honest.

KB1122

Reaction score
If Dak were a top quarterback worth paying top dollar, the realists would be saying he's the #4 quarterback in the league while his fanboys would be saying he's #1.

Scotman

Reaction score
list is skewed adding Lawrence before he takes snap and watching him last night..umm way too soon..take him off daks 6th

Any list that includes a guy who hasn't taken a snap is off. Period. Lawrence may end up being first on the list. But he should not be on the list, yet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Any list that includes a guy who hasn't taken a snap is off. Period. Lawrence may end up being first on the list. But he should not be on the list, yet.

Look at the guy who put the list together. That should really tell you everything needed to know, to be honest.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These are symptoms, not reasons 5Star. I mean, there is no subjectivity in these discussion, at all. What's driving the majority of this is about something else and that's a damn shame. That's really the thing I hate most. I don't mind people having opinions. I actually really enjoy having discussions with people who use an intelligent, well thought out, opinion. That's how this board used to be, well over 90% of the time, when this board was small. Now, you get whatever this is. This discussion is not about well thought out opinions or even knowledgeable football a lot of the time. This is about something else and it's an ugly thing, to be honest.

I know, it's so transparent that even Ray Charles can see it.

I don't believe that I have ever said that Dak is not a decent player, I mean just to make it to the NFL you have to be good at something, however, IMO, if I were to say something derogatory about him, well, I'm a hater. So, I don't need to be loved, so I'll be the hater.