Twitter: Former LB Rickey Jackson talks Cowboys - 12/11/13

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
That's odd -- I could have sworn everyone was praising Carr all of four or five weeks ago for being one of the true lock down corners in the game. Don't make me go back and find all those comments, I know I'm not imagining them.

I think so much of a DB's level of play is based on confidence, and I think Carr's is damaged. He seems tentative. Slant patterns are a cake walk against him. Maybe it's because he knows there isn't much of a pass rush, and he doesn't have much safety help. Not absolving him by any means. He needs to play better. We've seen him play better. I think the scheme is a poor fit, and he doesn't have the confidence to play at the level needed or expected.

OhSnap

Reaction score
He's a little bit right because aint nobody getting the occasional coverage sack that you normally see. But Ware doesn't look the same as he did before he got hurt last year and he's still playing with a bad elbow that will probably get operated on this off season. Most of the receivers and QB's you see beating the cowboys are beating other teams too just not as badly or as much on TV.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Yea and Romo can stop throwing the ball to one guy maybe we can score some points.

Look everyone, the short bus must have just let out from school.[/quote]

Its a shame you have to refrence a "short bus"just to get back at someone who posted a comment you dislike. Please act like you have some sense and not like a child that may actually ride one. If you wish to debate that is fine but I will keep at that nothing more or less as I will not reply to foolishness.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 3m
HOF pass rusher Rickey Jackson defends #Cowboys' Ware. "He's still got the burst...What's different is what's around him."
Jackson says #Cowboys secondary, not Ware, is to blame for lack of sacks. "Their secondary is so terrible, the worst secondary in football."
More from Rickey Jackson on #Cowboys secondary: "Everyone can throw the ball on them. They can’t cover. They can’t press. They’re terrible."
More from Rickey Jackson on #Cowboys secondary, "Get some speed...I just laugh at how easy it is to beat them. Their secondary is a joke."
Jackson believes Ware can thrive in his 30s “It looks like he’s diminishing because of his stats, but he’s not. One guy can't do it alone."

Edited:
Rickey Jackson points out he had 9.5 sacks at age 37 playing for Niners in 1995 with Deion, Merton Hanks and Eric Davis in secondary.

People should stick to what they are good in.
I hope this one has enough money because his talking won't get the job done.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Ware seems like the type of player that would restructure his deal to stay in town..

Worth keeping.

He is the only rusher on a D squad defensive line, along with a secondary that rivals most pop warner secondaries.

If we had any sort of interior rush, I would go out and say that Dware would have 3+ more sacks at least. He comes close many snaps to the rusher.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Look everyone, the short bus must have just let out from school.

Its a shame you have to refrence a "short bus"just to get back at someone who posted a comment you dislike. Please act like you have some sense and not like a child that may actually ride one. If you wish to debate that is fine but I will keep at that nothing more or less as I will not reply to foolishness.[/quote]

The foolish part was your comment in the first place. You know good and well he doesn't just pass to one player.

As for the short bus comment, you are right. Overreaction on my part.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its a shame you have to refrence a "short bus"just to get back at someone who posted a comment you dislike. Please act like you have some sense and not like a child that may actually ride one. If you wish to debate that is fine but I will keep at that nothing more or less as I will not reply to foolishness.

The foolish part was your comment in the first place. You know good and well he doesn't just pass to one player.
I don't see why a thread related to D Ware and comments regarding the defense would make you feel obligated to once again throw Romo under the ...uh, bus.

As for the short bus comment, you are right. Overreaction on my part.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I get it. He has been a great great player. The stats are there......

But he just never seem to make plays when we really needed him, our guy on defense , to make a play. Yes, he has done it.. But not very often.

Does he make the HOF???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ware seems like the type of player that would restructure his deal to stay in town..

Worth keeping.

He is the only rusher on a D squad defensive line, along with a secondary that rivals most pop warner secondaries.

If we had any sort of interior rush, I would go out and say that Dware would have 3+ more sacks at least. He comes close many snaps to the rusher.

A restructure does not necessarily mean taking a pay cut. He can just be like a bank which the Joneses can borrow from.

It is all business.