Twitter: Four Cowboys fined a total of $73,693 for MNF

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agreed. I get called crazy for pointing that out though... It’s not normal for your team (especially your o-linemen) to just stand there while the QB essentially gets bullied. I can’t figure out what the problem would be though...
All I can think of is that most of the line was here before Dak. Maybe they don’t feel he hasn’t put the time in yet. He don’t seem like a jerk. I have heard that wentz isn’t cared for in the locker room.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've still yet to find out how the bleep that was taunting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But how effective is that? I don’t think Lawrence, Bennett, or Quinn rushed any less hard due to Hernandez’s actions.
Agree, he was trying to toughen up his OL teammates. Leary used to do that, he was the OL tough guy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. I get called crazy for pointing that out though... It’s not normal for your team (especially your o-linemen) to just stand there while the QB essentially gets bullied. I can’t figure out what the problem would be though...
Remember that Giants game when the DL drove Romo into the ground and put him out? BTW, that's one of the plays responsible for the rule addition because they used to practice that move. Not one of his OL went back to check on him, Bryant was the only player to even approach him.

One thing that hasn't changed over time, the QB is still considered the prima donna. Where he used to get all the girls, now he gets most of the cap and the built in bias and jealousy by some players against all QB's is still there. They can't hit him in practice and they are dependent on him in crunch times and quite a few fall short. And some don't realize that they call players out on the field with their actions because they're reacting emotionally to a play.

I've always thought it was interesting when you hear about a player buying the OL gifts, seldom the QB, mostly the RB's.

I watch interaction between QB's and the other players on the sideline a lot and it was really revealing with Romo as it is with Brady, Rothliesberger and Rivers.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remember that Giants game when the DL drove Romo into the ground and put him out? BTW, that's one of the plays responsible for the rule addition because they used to practice that move. Not one of his OL went back to check on him, Bryant was the only player to even approach him.

One thing that hasn't changed over time, the QB is still considered the prima donna. Where he used to get all the girls, now he gets most of the cap and the built in bias and jealousy by some players against all QB's is still there. They can't hit him in practice and they are dependent on him in crunch times and quite a few fall short. And some don't realize that they call players out on the field with their actions because they're reacting emotionally to a play.

I've always thought it was interesting when you hear about a player buying the OL gifts, seldom the QB, mostly the RB's.

I watch interaction between QB's and the other players on the sideline a lot and it was really revealing with Romo as it is with Brady, Rothliesberger and Rivers.
That was one play that I thought was messed up. Sometimes you see players injured on the ground and it will be the opposing team that goes and kneels down to pray for them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was one play that I thought was messed up. Sometimes you see players injured on the ground and it will be the opposing team that goes and kneels down to pray for them.
Yeah, I was really pissed. Miss the block that sets him up and just stand there looking at him on the ground with a broken clavicle?

That was the textbook "drive into the ground" tackle as he had time to get all of his weight onto the QB as he's taking him down. I saw an interview that week with a DT from another team that said they practice that move. It was legal at the time, so up to the QB not to get in that position. And yet another opportunity for them to make another "protect the QB" rule or better put "the Brady Rule". They should just go ahead and call it "No Touch Tom".