Twitter: Four Cowboys make the Pro Bowl

plasticman

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry, is this good news?

I'm sure it is for the agents of these three linemen. All it does for us is insure that all three of these Pro Bowlers can never get paid the amount they can demand of the Cowboys when the time comes.

In the age of free agency and salary caps the window for building and maintaining a good team depends on the number of players that are considered to be stars. The higher the number, the less likely of keeping them intact.

The trick is to have as many squads as possible emerge at one time. What good is a great young line when the quarterback is in his twilight? By the time his replacement is developed, the O-line will be football's version of the Beatles.

Also, when it comes to the offensive line, a great one can have the nasty habit of turning their fellow teammates into stars thus raising their price as well.

A fantastic opportunity for championships continues to melt away as we celebrate the recognition of players on a team that has achieved nothing but bitter disappointment this season.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry, is this good news?

I'm sure it is for the agents of these three linemen. All it does for us is insure that all three of these Pro Bowlers can never get paid the amount they can demand of the Cowboys when the time comes.

In the age of free agency and salary caps the window for building and maintaining a good team depends on the number of players that are considered to be stars. The higher the number, the less likely of keeping them intact.

The trick is to have as many squads as possible emerge at one time. What good is a great young line when the quarterback is in his twilight? By the time his replacement is developed, the O-line will be football's version of the Beatles.

Also, when it comes to the offensive line, a great one can have the nasty habit of turning their fellow teammates into stars thus raising their price as well.

A fantastic opportunity for championships continues to melt away as we celebrate the recognition of players on a team that has achieved nothing but bitter disappointment this season.

I laughed.

robjay04

Reaction score
Sean Lee injury jokes are old. Guy had a healthy season, give him credit. He was only held out because of NFL protocol from concussions, if this was before a few years ago, he would've played all 14 games

Our defense has been solid this season, definitely the better part of our team and he is a huge part of it. He deserves it as much as anyone besides Bailey.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Mostly just a popularity contest, so I'm surprised Hardy didn't make it

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Guarantee we'll have more next year.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I think only Zack martin makes All pro this year.

Tyron probably makes it. We're down on his play because we're critiquing every little thing, but he's been well-reviewed this year in general. There just aren't that many great left tackles anymore.

coult44

Reaction score
Martin was bad this year and this past week he was very bad. I don't expect him to be as good as he was last year, just better than he was this year.

erod

Reaction score
Pro Bowl means nothing. All-Pro is all I pay attention to.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Can't believe La'el Collins didn't make it. He was better then Martin rookie year. If we can get our RT situation under control we have all 5 lineman in

RW31

Reaction score
Just goes to show you how broke this system is. Look at all the D-Linemen, everything is all about sacks and pass rush. Even the interior guys (DT/NT). No run stoppers, they're all pass rushers! Same with the linebackers! All of them are 3-4 OLBs. Ridiculous.

Sean Lee got snubbed on defense.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Can't believe La'el Collins didn't make it. He was better then Martin rookie year. If we can get our RT situation under control we have all 5 lineman in

No, he wasn't. Not even close. Not even nearly as good as Martin this year.

Had more flash plays than Martin has had both years though. So I'll give you that.