News: Fox: Bengals' La'el Collins shares message sent to QB Joe Burrow after signing deal

blueblood70

Reaction score
"While penalties have been an issue at times for Collins, he's allowed just four total sacks over the past two years combined. Burrow was sacked four or more times in eight games in 2021, including playoffs".

Hmmm, did he play both of those years?
NO was out all of 2020 and missed 6 games last year lol so nice try at spinning the ststs.2 years ie how many actual games did he start and play the entire game?10 LOL 4 sacks in 10 games.,, that seems accurate. he held 14 other times or would have had 5 more sacks..:))

this has become such a sad place as fans are total hypocrites

the very players they were clamoring to be cut and that were overpaid and not living up to their contract or potential
AC
Gergory
Collins
Cwill

FO finally says enough and lets them leave and now that's a mistake? which is it ?

Colins out of shape inured or suspended
Gregory injured or suspended
AC injured, misses game, or disappears in the biggest games at 20 mil all of them the fan base id say 75% of them wanted them gone but to stay in the hate jones narrative they now are calling these moves mistakes? they got Dlaw reworked to find common ground on both side and IMO replaced Gregory with an equal player with less money in flower, Armstrong had nearly identical numbers and while steele may not have the start potential; that Collins had ie Potential id say the way Collins has been playing or missing hes not paying up to his potential and steel at best is what colins has become id say its pretty even. Sure Collins is better WHEN hes playing to his full potential and he did that in one year 2019 the rest were disappointment.

we also finally get rid of Cwill Mr.penalty 2021
i mean the offseason is pretty much what the fans wanted but was it the FO didn't bring in the big names, so its failure..

hypocrisy at its finest. the hate for the Jonses family has trumped common sense.

these moves have been solid In my book b- with 6 months to go.. they are making changes , lets see how the rest of the offseason goes and play a few games and then judge,.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
OK, lets see who has the better year. You think that anyone would give Steele a $30M contract if he was a free agent? Why do you think there was so much interest in him?

Well...there ya go. You convinced me with one play. :facepalm:

Since we are doing one play, player evals....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
who cares what message Collins has said? I know I do not. Good riddance collins. Good luck to you. Now I move on to who is actually on this team.

stiletto

Reaction score
Dude was bribing the pee-pee collectors. You have to actually be really good to do that kind of thing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
probably no more than the Falcons, who went to a SB then quickly returned to sucking as they have for most of their existence.

I'd rather do that than be stuck in a perpectual cycle of mediocrity for 25 years. But, I suspect Joe Burrow is quite a bit better than Matt Ryan. Bengals future looks much brighter than ours by any measure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'd rather do that than be stuck in a perpectual cycle of mediocrity for 25 years. But, I suspect Joe Burrow is quite a bit better than Matt Ryan. Bengals future looks much brighter than ours by any measure.
ahh..... another one in my camp. Yes, Burrow looks very good, and if the Bengals have any sustained success it will be because of Joe, not because of the coach they have, the GM or the owner. Which is exactly why the Browns are doing all they can to land a legit QB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ahh..... another one in my camp. Yes, Burrow looks very good, and if the Bengals have any sustained success it will be because of Joe, not because of the coach they have, the GM or the owner. Which is exactly why the Browns are doing all they can to land a legit QB.

They just landed D Watson. He is still not as good as Burrow. I'm still in awe of what he accomplished with one of the worst OL in the NFL in front of him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Collins is in a much better place.

Joe Burrow is a top 6 QB. They have good coaching. They are fresh off a Super Bowl run, so they have established a winning culture.

Collins made the right decision for himself. I don't blame anyone for leaving this horribly ran franchise.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
NO was out all of 2020 and missed 6 games last year lol so nice try at spinning the ststs.2 years ie how many actual games did he start and play the entire game?10 LOL 4 sacks in 10 games.,, that seems accurate. he held 14 other times or would have had 5 more sacks..:))

this has become such a sad place as fans are total hypocrites

the very players they were clamoring to be cut and that were overpaid and not living up to their contract or potential
AC
Gergory
Collins
Cwill

FO finally says enough and lets them leave and now that's a mistake? which is it ?

Colins out of shape inured or suspended
Gregory injured or suspended
AC injured, misses game, or disappears in the biggest games at 20 mil all of them the fan base id say 75% of them wanted them gone but to stay in the hate jones narrative they now are calling these moves mistakes? they got Dlaw reworked to find common ground on both side and IMO replaced Gregory with an equal player with less money in flower, Armstrong had nearly identical numbers and while steele may not have the start potential; that Collins had ie Potential id say the way Collins has been playing or missing hes not paying up to his potential and steel at best is what colins has become id say its pretty even. Sure Collins is better WHEN hes playing to his full potential and he did that in one year 2019 the rest were disappointment.

we also finally get rid of Cwill Mr.penalty 2021
i mean the offseason is pretty much what the fans wanted but was it the FO didn't bring in the big names, so its failure..

hypocrisy at its finest. the hate for the Jonses family has trumped common sense.

these moves have been solid In my book b- with 6 months to go.. they are making changes , lets see how the rest of the offseason goes and play a few games and then judge,.
That quote I posted was from NFL.com. That's just dog****, lazy journalism.

Ken

Reaction score
You keep complaining about sources for the stats I showed, but do you have anything to back up your eval that Steele is better other than your "eye test?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-steele-isnt-drastic-tyron-smith-dak-prescott
Your article explains it right here:

"Because in the games where Steele played right tackle alone, seven games, he allowed zero sacks, two quarterback hits, and 14 pressures with an efficiency grade of 97.5. With a similar snap count at RT, nearly all of those stats are better than what Collins did in 2021. The only metric Collins beats Steele is in quarterback hits, of which he allowed none."

This is by a player over 3 years younger with infinitely less experience. He is just scratching the surface. He was NASTY in the run game as well.

BTW, didn't need an article to tell me this, I have been saying this....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do you have a source for this info? I had suspected that was the reason they cut him but I have never seen anything official about it.
Bryan Broaddus and a bunch of other guys. Mike Fisher said this as well. I wasn't in the room but it seems like it was common knowledge. He painted himself into a corner.

Ken

Reaction score
Collins is in a much better place.

Joe Burrow is a top 6 QB. They have good coaching. They are fresh off a Super Bowl run, so they have established a winning culture.

Collins made the right decision for himself. I don't blame anyone for leaving this horribly ran franchise.
He didn't leave, he was fired.

Cincy won't sniff another Super bowl in our lifetimes...just FYI.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The change I want is, sadly, never going to happen. All we get is the annual rearranging of the deck chairs. :muttley:

Yeah pretty much status quo so far. Just hope they get lucky in the draft. Because that it was it is, luck. At least after the first 2 or 3 rounds. Though in this teams case, it is the 1st round. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't leave, he was fired.

Cincy won't sniff another Super bowl in our lifetimes...just FYI.

They will only get better. So yes they will. Unless you are about to go to the big JWB bottle in the sky with Jerry. :lmao2: