News: Fox: Could Dak Prescott and Bill Belichick team up in 2025 on the Giants?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He’ll get a huge deal and you know it. No one is going remember your “words on this one” because they’ll be just as ridiculous next March as they are now. No one is ever going to exact a pound of Prescott’s flesh for the playoff loss to Green Bay. There will be no retribution to satisfy Cowboys fans’ wish for Dak to be punished. It is not going to happen. Dak Prescott will be the starting quarterback in 2025 for one of the 32 NFL franchises next season. He will be paid an enormous amount of money to be QB1. And the only thing that will be “lucky” is the deal he signs will not be with the Dallas Cowboys. It’s over Pappy. Dak didn’t beat the Packers, but he’ll be the big winner in the end.
That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man!

Oh wait, wrong message board.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
regular season king...thanks to our super powerhouse nfce division.:rolleyes:

Epic playoff choker.
he didn't choke, the team didn't carry him like during the regular season. I'm not sure if it was him bragging about what he thought he was getting ready to make this year or his ladies' purses, but everybody laid down on the anchor. "why won't the guys carry him like they did Rush? why does the players and family members hate the dakie?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Old, retired, unretired, guru coach left him, wife left him, new jag coach...8-9 loser ....brady?

I suppose you are gonna go with the "dak retired brady" thing too?

Its funny how you use that game so much to prop dak...as if its all you got.
Oh yeah...mvp runner up baby!
There are way many more games to "prop" Dak up, but your anti-Dak head might explode.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Are you talking about the NFC East that had 3 of the 7 teams from the NFC in the 2022 playoffs? You know, the playoffs when Tampa Bay won their super-strong division with an 8-9 record. Or over in the AFC, where Jacksonville won their super tough division with a record of 9-8.

I get that you think Dak sucks but quit trying to make the NFC East out like the easiest division in the NFL. That's far from the truth.
1 year . . . wow. Intentionally obtuse?

Polkton31

Reaction score
1 year . . . wow. Intentionally obtuse?
Well, I could have researched all of the years Dak has played and then listed the records of every team, the strength of their divisions, and whether or not they made the playoffs, but then you wouldn't have had any reason to reply and act intellectually superior. Plus, I doubt it would have changed your mind about Dak or the strength of the NFC East. Anyhow, Hope the rest of your day is free of "Obtuse" posts that require your reply. :thumbup:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well, I could have researched all of the years Dak has played and then listed the records of every team, the strength of their divisions, and whether or not they made the playoffs, but then you wouldn't have had any reason to reply and act intellectually superior. Plus, I doubt it would have changed your mind about Dak or the strength of the NFC East. Anyhow, Hope the rest of your day is free of "Obtuse" posts that require your reply. :thumbup:
I am just totally flabbergasted at the perception of Dak enthusiasts. It is totally mind numbing

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
regular season king...thanks to our super powerhouse nfce division.:rolleyes:

Epic playoff choker.
The Eagles are in the playoffs quite a bit, and Prescott has a favorable record against the Eagles. We could easily be Washington, or the Giants instead of a playoff contender cowboys team. If you can't get a team to the playoffs they can't win a Super Bowl. There's a lot of elements involved when it comes to losing. It's not just the QB. I'll make a assertion I did not that long ago here. If a quarterback was responsible for getting a team to the Super Bowl, and winning them, Dan Marino would have a shelf full of Super Bowl trophies.

75boyz

Reaction score
Hard for me to imagine GM Joe Schoen and HC.Daboll risking their current jobs and future employment as well with a 2024 QB room consisting of a 2 times neck injured and just recently torn acl in QB Daniel Jones and Drew Lock and Tommy Devito.

Especially when there are so many highly rated QB prospects in this year's draft.

Really hard for me to grasp but I'm just another amateur armchair GM.

Polkton31

Reaction score
I am just totally flabbergasted at the perception of Dak enthusiasts. It is totally mind numbing
So am I... By the way, I'm not one of those enthusiasts. I'm on record saying no way I would extend Dak, because it would hinder building a team capable of winning the SB. The difference is, that I don't think Dak is so bad that he should be greeting people at Walmart. But, like a lot of other people on this forum, you only assumed I was a Dak enthusiast. That's what happens when you assume things. Once again, have a great day.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dak-prescott-bill-belichick-could-be-answer-for-giants

But according to "First Things First" host Nick Wright, this upcoming NFL season could be the last time that sentence holds truth. ... If talks completely collapse between Prescott and the Cowboys and he hits free agency, Wright believes the Giants should not only pursue their current NFC East foe, but also bring back their former defensive coordinator — legendary New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
"By the way, the Giants aren't the only team that could do that, but with Bill Belichick floating out there, and Dak Prescott the best quarterback in forever to [potentially] hit true free agency," Wright said, "[There is] the ability for any franchise, to with the stroke of a check, remake the entire version of their team. Greatest coach ever, one of the best quarterbacks to ever leave via free agency [in his prime]."
Click bait...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles are in the playoffs quite a bit, and Prescott has a favorable record against the Eagles. We could easily be Washington, or the Giants instead of a playoff contender cowboys team. If you can't get a team to the playoffs they can't win a Super Bowl. There's a lot of elements involved when it comes to losing. It's not just the QB. I'll make a assertion I did not that long ago here. If a quarterback was responsible for getting a team to the Super Bowl, and winning them, Dan Marino would have a shelf full of Super Bowl trophies.
You are trying to argue with me stuff I never said. I don't deny any of it. I would question your insinuation that our division is strong. Okay so we most often beat the Eagles. Other two teams? That's like 5 free games.

Will you deny Dak chokes?

Qcard

Reaction score
Wright is a Todd France employee and anything he has to say is total hogwash.
Remember my words on this one as when Dak hits the FA market he will be lucky to get a Kirk Cousins deal.
Watching Dak Haters digest words about Prescott is glorious…. :lmao:

Nick Wright IS THE ONLY TV head to go ALL OUT on Mahomes on draft day one 2017 whilst Dak Hater types were drooling over JJ McCarthy oops Mitch Tribusky :facepalm:

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Dallas fans deserve to see Belichick and Dak team up and win a Superbowl in a different city.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
You are trying to argue with me stuff I never said. I don't deny any of it. I would question your insinuation that our division is strong. Okay so we most often beat the Eagles. Other two teams? That's like 5 free games.

Will you deny Dak chokes?
Define chokes? Remember that was the tag people used why Tony Romo should be replaced. Now Prescott. At some point the finger needs to start going somewhere else. Another comparison was Troy. He didn't perform anywhere near the level of Prescott, or Romo, but he has multiple Super Bowl rings. What was it about those teams that we lack?

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just trying to give you another perspective, we don't have to be a team contending all the time. We could be a Giant, or Washington team that rarely makes the playoffs. What do they have in common that the Eagles, and Cowboys don't? They don't have a good quarterback.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Define chokes? Remember that was the tag people used why Tony Romo should be replaced. Now Prescott. At some point the finger needs to start going somewhere else. Another comparison was Troy. He didn't perform anywhere near the level of Prescott, or Romo, but he has multiple Super Bowl rings. What was it about those teams that we lack?

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just trying to give you another perspective, we don't have to be a team contending all the time. We could be a Giant, or Washington team that rarely makes the playoffs. What do they have in common that the Eagles, and Cowboys don't? They don't have a good quarterback.
Okay...Let's be specific then. Against green bay...throwing unfathomable pick 6 when Dak saw CeeDee crying. Dak couldn't maintain his integrity there? . THAT HURT!
Then did nothing and threw another interception at the 20 which is a cheap easy TD for most playoff teams.

THAT HURT!

But that is not chocking in the playoffs eh?

Giving the other team 14 very cheap easy first half points singlehandedly when we know the rest of the team is struggling.

Not choking?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Okay...Let's be specific then. Against green bay...throwing unfathomable pick 6 when Dak saw CeeDee crying. Dak couldn't maintain his integrity there? . THAT HURT!
Then did nothing and threw another interception at the 20 which is a cheap easy TD for most playoff teams.

THAT HURT!

But that is not chocking in the playoffs eh?

Giving the other team 14 very cheap easy first half points singlehandedly when we know the rest of the team is struggling.

Not choking?
Is that a matter of the QB miss reading the play, or just a matter of our coaches not changing our offensive plays, and being too predictable against a good defensive coordinator that game planned better than we did? You can say the loss is choking, but who choked? A good coach doesn't go out there running the same plays they did in the regular-season. They throw something the defense isn't expecting. We didn't do that. A defense that expects what we ran can make a good QB look really bad. It can also make a bad QB look really good if he has a coach disguising what they did all year.

That's the difference between this Cowboys, and the 90s. When they shut Aikman down he just handed the ball off to Emmett. We couldn't be stopped. We had no running game to do that for Prescott.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dak-prescott-bill-belichick-could-be-answer-for-giants

But according to "First Things First" host Nick Wright, this upcoming NFL season could be the last time that sentence holds truth. ... If talks completely collapse between Prescott and the Cowboys and he hits free agency, Wright believes the Giants should not only pursue their current NFC East foe, but also bring back their former defensive coordinator — legendary New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
"By the way, the Giants aren't the only team that could do that, but with Bill Belichick floating out there, and Dak Prescott the best quarterback in forever to [potentially] hit true free agency," Wright said, "[There is] the ability for any franchise, to with the stroke of a check, remake the entire version of their team. Greatest coach ever, one of the best quarterbacks to ever leave via free agency [in his prime]."
I'll chip in to make it happen if it means getting rid of the great TOAD HUNTER................LOL!!!!!!