Video: FOX: Doug Gottlieb: Cowboys should trade up and draft Tua Tagovailoa 'We've seen Dak's ceiling'

garyo1954

Reaction score
His accuracy was so bad in the playoffs he made Dak look like a pin point passer. Trevor needs to improve.

LOL....one loss ruined Trevor Lawrence career. Might as well retire, a la Joe Burrow.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/8/18173994/trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-eligible-2021

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

Trevor Lawrence is the best true freshman QB I've ever seen. If I was running an NFL team, I'd be making trades for as many 2021 picks I could get my hands on.

10:40 PM - Jan 7, 2019

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s never really that safe drafting a QB. You just never know. According to several pro scouts JaMarcus Russell had the greatest pro day anyone had ever seen. He absolutely blew everyone away and ended up being the biggest bust in NFL history.

Jemarcus Russel could throw a football 90 yards. But he was dumb as a box of rocks. Lawrence is the full package. How did you feel when we drafted Aikman? I felt pretty good but you never know.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s nothing he can’t do,” says former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who coached Lawrence in Elite 11. “The only question is if he’ll continue to do it. It’s hard to temper your excitement, because he checks every single box. Confidence, intelligence, athleticism, smarts, twitch, arm strength, power—you go through all the boxes, he’s nines or 10s. It’s like Andrew Luck.”

But he's 6'5 and faster than Andrew Luck.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jemarcus Russel could throw a football 90 yards. But he was dumb as a box of rocks. Lawrence is the full package. How did you feel when we drafted Aikman? I felt pretty good but you never know.

Don’t remember anyone thinking he was dumb prior to him being drafted and going bust. He certainly didn’t sound like the brightest bulb during interviews. You may have missed my edit but I mentioned some had Ryan Leaf rated ahead of Peyton Manning. I’ve seen too many highly touted QBs go bust to feel totally confident about any of them. I felt good about Aikman when we drafted him but I certainly wasn’t sure he would pan out. The Cowboys certainly weren’t sure or they wouldn’t have used their first round pick the following year on Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft. Jimmy even said we had to make sure we hit on at least one of them. You just don’t know for sure how a college QBs game will translate to the NFL.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
LOL....one loss ruined Trevor Lawrence career. Might as well retire, a la Joe Burrow.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/8/18173994/trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-eligible-2021

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt

Trevor Lawrence is the best true freshman QB I've ever seen. If I was running an NFL team, I'd be making trades for as many 2021 picks I could get my hands on.

10:40 PM - Jan 7, 2019
Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn. He better go to a team with a bunch of talent.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There’s nothing he can’t do,” says former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who coached Lawrence in Elite 11. “The only question is if he’ll continue to do it. It’s hard to temper your excitement, because he checks every single box. Confidence, intelligence, athleticism, smarts, twitch, arm strength, power—you go through all the boxes, he’s nines or 10s. It’s like Andrew Luck.”

But he's 6'5 and faster than Andrew Luck.
Let’s see how he does when he isn’t surrounded by a ton of talent.

Andrew Suck was over rated too.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn. He better go to a team with a bunch of talent.

Hold on my side hurts from laughing.......

"Talking with quarterback gurus and NFL scouts, I looked for someone—anyone—to tell me that Trevor Lawrence is overhyped. The Clemson QB had a starry, 11-start ascent as a true freshman last season, which culminated in a 347-yard evisceration of Nick Saban’s Alabama in the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.

Every single response was, in essence, a flat no."

Should I believe Gil Brandt and all the scouts and QB gurus or just some guy?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hold on my side hurts from laughing.......

"Talking with quarterback gurus and NFL scouts, I looked for someone—anyone—to tell me that Trevor Lawrence is overhyped. The Clemson QB had a starry, 11-start ascent as a true freshman last season, which culminated in a 347-yard evisceration of Nick Saban’s Alabama in the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.

Every single response was, in essence, a flat no."

Should I believe Gil Brandt and all the scouts and QB gurus or just some guy?
You can believe anyone your little heart desires. Chances are he will struggle in the NFL and I will take pleasure in that. Just like all the people drooling over QBs like Baker Mayfield. Feel free to call me out if Wild Thing comes in and lights the league on fire. I’ll gladly eat crow, but I don’t have much fear of it. Odds are definitely on my side.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
You can believe anyone your little hear my desires. Chances are he will struggle in the NFL and I will take pleasure in that. Just like all the people drooling over QBs like Baker Mayfield. Feel free to call me out if Wild Thing comes in and lights the league on fire. I’ll gladly eat crow, but I don’t have much fear of it. Odds are definitely in my side.

No worries. If he succeeds like everyone says, I'll never ask you to eat crow. I'll just look at the picture you posted and smile. You will post pictures, right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No worries. If he succeeds like everyone says, I'll never ask you to eat crow. I'll just look at the picture you posted and smile. You will post pictures, right?
Nope, no pictures but I won’t run from my opinions. You’ll admit you were on his jock if he isn’t all he is cracked up to be, right?

Baker fans are awfully quiet.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
Nope, no pictures but I won’t run from my opinions. You’ll admit you were on his jock if he isn’t all he is cracked up to be, right?

Baker fans are awfully quiet.

Sure will. I'll even post a picture when he wins a Super Bowl before Qwak Prescott.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure will. I'll even post a picture when he wins a Super Bowl before Qwak Prescott.
Good deal. Very lofty expectations. Hard to meet those. Good times ahead. I am still waiting for the promises of Luck lifting the trophy.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Good deal. Very lofty expectations. Hard to meet those. Good times ahead. I am still waiting for the promises of Luck lifting the trophy.

I got a new laser pointer if you want to chase the light.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Your cat should love that.

Grammy is old. Really old. Someone dumped her off out here. She's all scruffy and not welcome by the clan. The clan being 7 community cats that make their way from old lady's house down the street, through the apartments, to my house. I feed them just like everyone else does.

So I tried to feed her. But they didn't take to her. She was lonely, moping, missing her family I think. Or maybe her owner died? I don't know. But she wouldn't eat.

Saturday, I got a can of chili and beef franks to make hot dogs. When she smelled the chili she went nuts trying to get to it. I gave her a little and she ate it and wanted more. Normally I feed them 9 lives, or Meow Mix Tender Centers but she won't eat that. But chili?

She's beginning to perk up now. She jumped up in the chair with me last night and let me rub her head. And she's beginning to talk to me. So I'm hopeful.