News: Fox: Eagles players, staffers at odds with Pederson over decision to pull Jalen Hurts

king987

Reaction score
A nice reminder that it's easy to come on these forums and say tank, tank, tank. Those Eagles players have their careers to be concerned with every time they step on the field. Yeah, it's easy to say that a better draft pick will help the team, but it doesn't mean it helps every player. A lot of those players won't be on the team next year, if they're even in the league.

They have every reason to be unhappy that their coach (and/or gm) was more concerned with moving up the draft board a few spots than competing.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere as a possibility but could Pedersen have lost the game intentionally because he wanted Rivera to win the division after what he went through with cancer? Honestly, I lost my mother to brain cancer 2 years ago which is what made me think of this. And you can hear how happy Pederson was for Rivera at the end of the game as FOX caught the end of the game between the two of them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not fault the organization for tanking for a better pick once their season was over. Any team that has to depend on another to get them into the playoffs has no one to blame but themselves.

I do fault them for how they went about this and leaving their HC to take the fall for it. No HC tanks and keeps his team.

cern

Reaction score
I do not fault the organization for tanking for a better pick once their season was over. Any team that has to depend on another to get them into the playoffs has no one to blame but themselves.

I do fault them for how they went about this and leaving their HC to take the fall for it. No HC tanks and keeps his team.
apparently the eagles haven't heard of the new catchword phrase being bandied about lately, transparency.

John813

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere as a possibility but could Pedersen have lost the game intentionally because he wanted Rivera to win the division after what he went through with cancer? Honestly, I lost my mother to brain cancer 2 years ago which is what made me think of this. And you can hear how happy Pederson was for Rivera at the end of the game as FOX caught the end of the game between the two of them.

Who knows, but that would be a tough sell to his locker room. With it being Philly, he's going to get grilled all offseason till the draft.

"Hey guys, I wanted to lose the game cause the opposing coach had cancer and I felt bad for him and wanted him in the playoffs"
"you guys will still go 100% for me next year, right?"
"Oh and we are going to replace some of you with the better draft picks we received."

My condolences to you and your family over the loss of your mom to that horrible disease. Giloblastoma clusters were popping up northeast of where I live. It was affecting people in their 30's which is very young for that type.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hurts completed 1 of his last 11 passes... The coach didn't bench Dan Marino....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
apparently the eagles haven't heard of the new catchword phrase being bandied about lately, transparency.
Add to this they're the team in the NFL with THE QB controversy and he pulls Hurts?

Pederson's way out of this should have been "we're giving Carson Wentz what he wants, another team, and I wanted to see what we had in our backup going forward in a real game against a team fighting for something.

I've seen a lot of uncomfortable HC pc's after a game but nothing like that. He was so uneasy, he opted for a full cap instead of his signature visor. Guess he thought he was in disguise?

He had one of the most homer reporters in the game turn on him and that's not good. Sal has always been the lead guy for the fans and he's a Philly sports icon.

Pederson did this to keep his job and I wonder if they Caesar him anyway? Lurie and Roseman announce he was fired for tanking! LMAO, only the Eagles could screw up a purposeful loss.

I wondered how that would have played out here when it first happened. We'd have a whole new bruhaha to match Romo and Prescott, those lining up to defend McC for losing. They'd support him for Tanker of the Year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurts completed 1 of his last 11 passes... The coach didn't bench Dan Marino....
But everyone knows he didn't make that change to spark his team. Now he has QB's 1 and 2 pissed at him. Plus the rest of the team. Players don't cotton to tanking for a better player to replace them.

cern

Reaction score
Add to this they're the team in the NFL with THE QB controversy and he pulls Hurts?

Pederson's way out of this should have been "we're giving Carson Wentz what he wants, another team, and I wanted to see what we had in our backup going forward in a real game against a team fighting for something.

I've seen a lot of uncomfortable HC pc's after a game but nothing like that. He was so uneasy, he opted for a full cap instead of his signature visor. Guess he thought he was in disguise?

He had one of the most homer reporters in the game turn on him and that's not good. Sal has always been the lead guy for the fans and he's a Philly sports icon.

Pederson did this to keep his job and I wonder if they Caesar him anyway? Lurie and Roseman announce he was fired for tanking! LMAO, only the Eagles could screw up a purposeful loss.

I wondered how that would have played out here when it first happened. We'd have a whole new bruhaha to match Romo and Prescott, those lining up to defend McC for losing. They'd support him for Tanker of the Year.
i don't see any way pederson did this solely on his own. howie is culpable, too.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So next time Dak completes 1 of 11 passes in a game and he will, because he's no Dan Marino either, I want you to start screaming to replace him and Hurts accounted for two TD's in the game rushing the ball, something I highly doubt Dan Marino ever did.....I don't mind if Philly was getting blown out to get a look at some QB but Hurts was a rookie who was named the starting QB and had the team within three with a quarter to go, Pederson tanked the game, that's what he did, either on his own or from the GM who wanted a higher draft pick.. that is an insult to his players, the network and the league....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So next time Dak completes 1 of 11 passes in a game and he will, because he's no Dan Marino either, I want you to start screaming to replace him and Hurts accounted for two TD's in the game rushing the ball, something I highly doubt Dan Marino ever did.....I don't mind if Philly was getting blown out to get a look at some QB but Hurts was a rookie who was named the starting QB and had the team within three with a quarter to go, Pederson tanked the game, that's what he did, either on his own or from the GM who wanted a higher draft pick.. that is an insult to his players, the network and the league....
Dak has never went 1 for 11 lol....

Havic

Reaction score
Its pretty obvious the front office wanted to lose the game. Pederson was in on it, maybe a couple of the coaches, Schwartz quit over it, and it just left the players confused. The Eagles are a MESS

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Any organization that tanks should be punished. Period. People who lower their morals and sacrifice their integrity for gain will do it again and again if they're allowed to get away with it. You see a boat load of "fans" do it here everyday.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

In a meaningless game in week 17, yup. The giants were 6-10 , you can cry for them all you want.