Twitter: FOX On Field Camera Shots

catiii

Reaction score
Fox has made a disturbing habit of showing everything but replays the last couple of months.

It's like the director in the truck has to make sure he uses every camera that he has between every play, we see close ups of players everywhere, on the field and off, but they forget to show the actual replay. Very frustrating.
Yeah closeups of players and no closeups of cheerleaders. The camera director has got the wrong priorities.:lmao::grin:

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone wouldn’t like this, it was the most realistic looking definition I’ve ever seen...felt like you were there
So realistic it looked fake. Hated it. Regular HD is good enough.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This placed would’ve love it if it was Hurts getting the screen tim rather than Gallup

817Gill

Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone wouldn’t like this, it was the most realistic looking definition I’ve ever seen...felt like you were there
Literally felt like I was dapping up MG and Coop too lol

stinkface

Reaction score
I call it Bugger cam. Because I swear you could see a bugger it was that clear.

MikeB80

Reaction score
These are shot in 8K

why would that matter? Fox operates at 720p. OTA broadcasts for now can only handle 1080i and I think cable/satellite is 1080p.

To quote Kevin Costner fox has as much use for an 8k camera as "Cat has for pajamas"

It was just a small body cam with probably a 55 mm lens to get that depth of field look. You could tell it was a small cam body because it was bouncing as they moved.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
why would that matter? Fox operates at 720p. OTA broadcasts for now can only handle 1080i and I think cable/satellite is 1080p.

To quote Kevin Costner fox has as much use for an 8k camera as "Cat has for pajamas"

It was just a small body cam with probably a 55 mm lens to get that depth of field look. You could tell it was a small cam body because it was bouncing as they moved.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...hdown-celebrations/14vln0oaqbajv19eehqnd3k4o5

Well they did...

DuncanIso

Reaction score

they are probably using a scaler. Extron makes a 4K scaler.

the new cameras are incredible.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
it seems weird to me that broadcasters and cable/satellite providers haven't found a way to broadcast sports in 4K. Every TV you buy now is 4K and it would be a reason for a lot of people to keep a cable/satellite subscription. Why is ESPN 4K not a thing?

probably a bandwidth vs cost trade off.

720p vs 4K is a big difference.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I didn't like it.
It looked like video game graphics.
I thought It was awesome

it’s looked real and puts you down on the field like few others game experiences have

I didn’t mind the background effect. I couldn’t take my eyes off the player