Video: FOX: Shannon Sharpe: Cowboys should go all out to trade for Sean Payton

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shannon Sharpe: Cowboys should go all out to trade for Sean Payton (VIDEO)

Saints_1280x720_1666055747660.vresize.1200.630.high.26.jpg

Shannon Sharpe thinks the Dallas Cowboys should look into trading for New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton to replace Jason Garrett.

Read Full Story

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’d love to do that, but we need pieces VERY BADLY on our defense. Giving up a lot of picks isn’t in the cards right now, especially considering how bad our drafts have been since 2017. 2016 was our best draft as of late.

Plus, even if Brees retires, would Payton really leave NO for the circus, I mean Dallas?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I asked this last year when everyone thought it was a done deal: What is luring Payton to Dallas that he doesn't have in New Orleans?

He has better job security in New Orleans, he could have 10 losing seasons and they'd keep him.

He has a better team in New Orleans, even with Brees out they were beating everybody.

He matters to the community more in New Orleans. He's given fans every single significant season in that franchise's history.

He has far more power in New Orleans. Imagine going into Jerry's office and saying he can't win with Dak. "Well, Dak isn't the problem there." He gets to handpick everything in the Big Easy.

But this all gets trumped because... he has a summer home in Texas?

MarkP88

Reaction score
I asked this last year when everyone thought it was a done deal: What is luring Payton to Dallas that he doesn't have in New Orleans?

He has better job security in New Orleans, he could have 10 losing seasons and they'd keep him.

He has a better team in New Orleans, even with Brees out they were beating everybody.

He matters to the community more in New Orleans. He's given fans every single significant season in that franchise's history.

He has far more power in New Orleans. Imagine going into Jerry's office and saying he can't win with Dak. "Well, Dak isn't the problem there." He gets to handpick everything in the Big Easy.

Agreed on all points. But man, would I love to have him. I think he's a great coach.

CWR

Reaction score

I dont think there are many here that think this is any more than a minute possibility.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Lol, yea It would only cost about 10 years worth of draft picks then he'd fail because he would have any players in here......... brilliant!!!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I’d love to do that, but we need pieces VERY BADLY on our defense. Giving up a lot of picks isn’t in the cards right now, especially considering how bad our drafts have been since 2017. 2016 was our best draft as of late.

Plus, even if Brees retires, would Payton really leave NO for the circus, I mean Dallas?

Lol, thought we nailed our drafts Amari?