Video: FOX: Shannon Sharpe: Cowboys should go all out to trade for Sean Payton

Ron12

Reaction score
Sean coached here years ago as an att. He knows what a Jackass Jones is he would never come here & the Saints won't let him go !:laugh::laugh:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m not trading anything for Payton or Bellicheat.
Great coaches? No doubt! But they also both won with two of the greatest QBs of all time.
I’ll take a guy who has won in various situations with various types of QBs and who doesn’t cost a couple of first round picks and more.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sean coached here years ago as an att. He knows what a Jackass Jones is he would never come here & the Saints won't let him go !:laugh::laugh:
I heard they became good friends in his time here.
Several articles and twits over.

Aven8

Reaction score
Why does anyone think he would want to come here?

He’s buddies with Stephen and Jerry. True story.

I don’t like giving up draft picks but Shannon made an argument about picking 29th-32nd for two years if we had him. Hmmmm

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s buddies with Stephen and Jerry. True story.

I don’t like giving up draft picks but Shannon made an argument about picking 29th-32nd for two years if we had him. Hmmmm

So ....... He has everything he wants at the saints ...... Why would he come to this circus just because he is friends with Jerry and son?

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s the only country club member I would welcome back.

he wasn’t here long enough to be a country club member. He came with Parcells and was out after the second year to NOs.

Aven8

Reaction score
So ....... He has everything he wants at the saints ...... Why would he come to this circus just because he is friends with Jerry and son?

No, because it’s the Saints and NO’s is a dump.

Hardline

Reaction score
giphy.gif

cml750

Reaction score
He is at the very top of my list but the price would be WAY too high. He will forever be the one who got away. Ironically his success as a coach had a lot of influence on Jerry to keep his pet project (the clapping carrot) WAY too long hoping he would become a Payton like coach.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is JJ gong to give up any power. If not then it ain’t happening.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Over the last 10 years the Saints have been in the playoffs but not replicated their SB win of 2009.

Jobbed on that Rams call, and a miracle Mn win with the long pass. Somewhat like Cowboys luck....

Compared to the Boys much more progress , but if JJ is looking for # 6 we should be asking are we a better team with Payton right now, or will be in the term of
his contract....

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I’m not trading anything for Payton or Bellicheat.
Great coaches? No doubt! But they also both won with two of the greatest QBs of all time.
I’ll take a guy who has won in various situations with various types of QBs and who doesn’t cost a couple of first round picks and more.

Bingo.