News: Fox: USFL unveils uniforms, draft order for first season

RaZon

Reaction score
Going to be interested in all these ....who?....players.

Anyone remember RB Carl Garrett out of New Mexico Highlands? AFL rookie of the year, sorry O.J.Simpson.
Speaking of New Mexico Highlands, the school had the first pro WR to ever catch 100 passes in a season, Lionel Taylor Broncos

Expect to see somebody where he will soon be an NFLer out of some some school.

Like that Bandits logo.

ShortRound

Reaction score
USFL-logos.png

as a designer I’m offended

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm having trouble determining who to root for.

Michigan - as a Ohio State fan, hell no.
New Jersey - hell no
Philadelphia - extra hell no
Pittsburgh - extra hell no
Birmingham - possibility
Houston - hell no
New Orleans - just no
Tampa Bay - hell no.

Go Stallions! I guess it is.

I'll take Birmingham for a very obvious reason lol.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I haven’t been paying attention to this… how does the draft work?
That's going to be key....back in the day the NFL and the USFL fought over players. Herschal Walker being the biggest name to jump to the new league. The old USFL was a good league. The time might be right to take over the NFL. Let's face it...Goodell has done everything possible to take away from the game. There are no more collisions....hell....even when there is a good clean hit...the refs about crap themselves...thinking that has to be a flag in there somewhere. Nope....if the USFL does it right...and plays the game...the way it's meant to be played....they could do the unthinkable.

CWR

Reaction score
The gamblers logo looks stupid. Where do they come up with these marketing guys?

Edit: it doesn't look bad on the helmet though. Lol. Still, with all the choices in the world we get teams like the Commaders and the Gamblers.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I would be a fan of the B'ham team, but those unis look WAY too much like the fourty-whiners.

Houston has the best unis of the USFL teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yuck

Did they intentionally want dumb names and hideous uniforms? Or are they that lost they don't realize how sad the branding is here?
It is the or lol, people with the money to start a league like this are often quite dumb, and have bad taste in fashion or branding.

I was just thinking after the wanna be leagues we have seen come up, I now have a lot of respect for the people who came up with the AFL.
Good uniforms helmets, logos, colors team names etc. they did a very good job at all of it. They also got some of the better college talent of the time.
So hats off to those folks.

I havent looked at the uni's for these teams yet, but after the AAF I am not expecting much.
That said the nfl team uni's and helmets and names have gone downhill since 1998 when denver went with their new ugly uni's.
many nfl teams have darkened their colors so their uni's just look black lol.

The washington commanders is laughable, heck football team was better than this new name. They will probably go with dark maroon so dark
it will look black too.:p

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ok I looked at them and they are not as bad as I expected.
houston has the best colors uni's and helmet and the name isnt too bad.

The main mistake is the league uni's are not uniform thru all the teams. They should all have the same style of uni.
Apparently they just do what ever they want. and yeah too much red and TB looks too much like the nfl TB

The phil stars are bad on all accounts.

The draft will take place in Birmingham Feb. 22-23.......I wonder if this is college or just couch guys who didnt make nfl teams?
what they should do is offer college players better salarys during nfl draft. If a player falls, give them a call offer them a better deal.

they could even offer more than what a rookie salary would pay in nfl and get some high picks, that would shake things up!

Flamma

Reaction score
Yuck

Did they intentionally want dumb names and hideous uniforms? Or are they that lost they don't realize how sad the branding is here?

I'm pretty sure they are the same names and uniforms from when they were around in the 80s. Although one team was the Boston breakers. But they moved. I forget where to.