News: Fox: USFL unveils uniforms, draft order for first season

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So confusing. Haven't they had like six leagues like this and none have lasted a year. Wasn't there a USFL a few years back?

This league was just in the 80s with Herschel Walker and some pretty stud players. Same team name and uniforms as this iteration. Just re-rolling it out

Flamma

Reaction score
This league was just in the 80s with Herschel Walker and some pretty stud players. Same team name and uniforms as this iteration. Just re-rolling it out

Well, they better set themselves apart from the NFL or they'll fail quickly. They might fail anyway. But if they try to be an NFL clone with pansy rules, they won't last a season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Reggie White, Jim Kelly, Anthony Carter, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Bart Oates, Sam Mills, Steve Young, Gary Zimmerman, etc.

Imagine if an NFL team had the foresight to spend all its lower draft picks to select many of the players listed above? :omg:

quickccc

Reaction score
Did the Michigan Panthers.. (who had WR Anthony Carter and Bobby Hebert) have the best uniforms back in the first USFL days ..??

:popcorn:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Breakers refer to big waves hitting the shore. Kind of a Crimson Tide reference...or Green Wave from Tulane.

The names are all throw backs to the original teams...although several of the team colors are different.

Bandit Ball was lead by Steve Spurrier...most fun team to watch back then. The Stars held training camp at my college back then...Irv Eatman was one huge dude...he ended up in the NFL and had a nice career.

I watched some of the AAF and enjoyed it when there was nothing better on. Probably be the same here.

The 8 teams are much better than having a ton with watered down talent. It will already be a couple steps down as is. Basically, if they can offer a decent product and some guys here and there can make it to the NFL.. why not?

NickZepp

Reaction score
Reggie White, Jim Kelly, Anthony Carter, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Bart Oates, Sam Mills, Steve Young, Gary Zimmerman, etc.

Imagine if an NFL team had the foresight to spend all its lower draft picks to select many of the players listed above? :omg:
Jim Kelly was drafted by the Bills in 1983 but he went to the USFL because he didn't want to go to Buffalo at the time. A lot of those players chose the USFL over the NFL because the USFL offered more money.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I raise you…

309906-AA-A225-4483-8594-A414-CD028-C69.jpg

why do these idiots have 5 “championships” on their logo? losers

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm digging the retro names and uniforms, but I still don't understand why these startup leagues put teams in cities that already have NFL squads. If they put teams in good sized cities like Austin, Columbus, and Norfolk, Virginia, they'd have a lot more fans.
all the games will be played in one city , so they are not looking for crowds at games. it is a smallish out door stadium. this will save travel expenses
if they all stay in that city during their season. Will also save on stadium rentals if each team/ games were in a diff city.

this makes me think they have tv contracts and all games will be on tv, otherwise they wont make any money lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
the 2 old ones, would be NFL championships, which are same thing as SB champ is now. so they have 5.

I'm wondering if the Colts and Vikings do that? Even though they lost SB 3 and 4, they were still NFL Champions, just like any other NFL Champion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Colts and Vikings do that? Even though they lost SB 3 and 4, they were still NFL Champions, just like any other NFL Champion.
possible, but only nfl championships prior to SB count officially.
Before SB that was end of line, best a team could do.