FoxSport.com's John Czarcecki believes Vince Young could drop to the seventh pick

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I'm not sold on his pro potential. You have to throw down the field in the NFL...something he rarely did at UT. He is good at the short passing game and he's a great scrambler. Both of those are harder to be successful with at the pro level unless you have blazing Vick-like speed which Young does not.

Also if he were our QB I'd have to listen to him talk all the time! Lord, have mercy on my ears.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
felix360 said:
drop to 18th, JJ get it done

you have got to be kidding

the guy would have zero impact on the team for probably 3 or 4 yrs, thats unless they move him to WR, which is probably where he'd be a better NFL player

David

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I would not take him at 18, but i'm sure some team like Buffalo 2 years ago might be willing to swap #1 and give us a 3 and 4.

jman

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
NCAA | V. Young scores low on Wonderlic test
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:11:01 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports there was word around the NFL Combine that Texas QB Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test and scored another six on his second attempt at the test.

Well there you go...he got a 12!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I understand that Young just won one of the biggest games of his life, but sheesh, it was still just one game. The guy suddenly rises to the top of mock drafts after the BCS and its as if everyone forgets all the talk about his weaknesses and question marks. Everyone was saying he should get another year of college ball under his belt but he wins the big one and suddenly he should be the number one overall pick. We'll see what happens.... the NFL has a way of throwing away the hype as the draft gets closer.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
All this negativity towards VY is one of the reasons he should of stayed in school for his senior year.

The kid is a great football player. Any rookie QB wouldn't make an impact for another 3-4 years. I think VY is worth the wait.

That said, he won't be available at 18, so discussing it is pointless.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
All this negativity towards VY is one of the reasons he should of stayed in school for his senior year.

The kid is a great football player. Any rookie QB wouldn't make an impact for another 3-4 years. I think VY is worth the wait.

That said, he won't be available at 18, so discussing it is pointless.

I hope he isnt...I dont want him in any scenario

I'm convinced he's a major bust waiting to happen

David

lspain1

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I hope he isnt...I dont want him in any scenario

I'm convinced he's a major bust waiting to happen

David

I don't know if Young will drop to 18. I also have some doubts about him, but if he were to drop to 18 I think the majority of folks here would say take him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
I don't know if Young will drop to 18. I also have some doubts about him, but if he were to drop to 18 I think the majority of folks here would say take him.

then very fortunately the majority of folks here arnt calling the shots at VR

we dont need a QB, let alone one who has so much learning and is such a gamble as he is...I still want to see if Drew Henson or Tony Romo can be the guy, but if not I'm wanting more of a sure thing if we are taking a QB in the first rd (think Brady Quinn)

David

dfense

Reaction score
yeah, thats great. Draft a QB who got a 6 on the wonderlic. Stupidity can only get you so far you know.

lspain1

Reaction score
dfense said:
yeah, thats great. Draft a QB who got a 6 on the wonderlic. Stupidity can only get you so far you know.

That story was debunked this morning. Officially, Young scored a 16 on the Wonderlic.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I'd still be surprised if he gets past Tenn at #3. No way he drops to #18...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
That story was debunked this morning. Officially, Young scored a 16 on the Wonderlic.

nothing is actually official, but the report you state never said he didnt make a 6, it says he made a 16 when he retook the test a second time

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
I'd still be surprised if he gets past Tenn at #3. No way he drops to #18...

Norm Chow's offense is complex. i doubt Young is a fit there with his intelligence being in question.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
http://i12.***BLOCKED***/albums/a221/iamjacksfark/shortbusvince.gif

StarHead69

Reaction score
I have watched every televised Horns game Young has played in. To those who say Vince Young doesn't throw downfield well, I must ask

Have you actually watched any of his games?

How would you explain the #1 passer rating?

Geez !

If Vince Young is there at #18 we would be foolish not to take him​