FoxSports: Clay Travis: Dakota Prescott addresses Cole Beasley's tweets

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First I've ever seen, thanks.

Same as most actors that go on The Tonight Show. It does not seem like they're there to endorse something, but the in demand actors usually just show up when they are promoting a movie.

Also, while it does not compare to the endorsements, many radio shows give out nice gifts to players/coaches that do the interviews.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Same as most actors that go on The Tonight Show. It does not seem like they're there to endorse something, but the in demand actors usually just show up when they are promoting a movie.

Also, while it does not compare to the endorsements, many radio shows give out nice gifts to players/coaches that do the interviews.
Actors are almost always promoting a movie or show, when they Dona talk show, yes. But that's different than going on a show to plug a product as an endorsement.
Reminds me of all the old television shoes, in which the host would always segue into an ad for cigarettes, Lemon Pledge, or whatever.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actors are almost always promoting a movie or show, when they Dona talk show, yes. But that's different than going on a show to plug a product as an endorsement.
Reminds me of all the old television shoes, in which the host would always segue into an ad for cigarettes, Lemon Pledge, or whatever.

Yes, sports radio tends to be a bit like TV in the old days. Even Cowboys players that do local Dallas area sports talk radio interviews are often promoting something; although, it's often a charitable cause.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dona? Why does my autocorrect change to things that aren't even friggin' words???

DandyDon52

Reaction score
why wouldn't they , They beat NO, and only lost by 8 to the rams, id say closer then you think..hating on your own team isn't a good look..NE is more beatable then they used to be , KC not sure great matchup but they would be up to the challenge..
Well not hating on them just being realistic.
I am referring to mental state, not how they did against other good teams.
Just because someone thinks they can do something or really believes they can, does not mean they can do it.

Every team and the players that go to SB think they can win and really want to, but one team always loses.

The NE Ram SB was very close, NE could have lost that game easily, like romo said at one point, all it would take is one big play for a td.
The pats won because their offense moved the ball and ran better, and they had tired out rams defense by the end of the game, and finally scored a td.
The Rams offense surprisingly just wasnt good enough in that game.
I have to credit Bill and his DC and his no name players, who shut down the 2nd highest scoring team in NFL.

They shut out the rams and the chiefs in 1st half and that is amazing. That is why they won AFC champ and SB , the defense more than the offense.

I will add I dont idolize any sports figures, or cowboy or NFL players, or any NFL team.
So if they are flawed and I talk about it, I am not hating on them just being realistic and giving my opinion.

Many people Idiolize players and teams, and that clouds their view of them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Or else some fans *think* they’re not and maybe it’s the players who are right.
Well I guess we will find out next season then lol.
I am not saying they cant, I just doubt it , the cowboys have too many flaws, which shows up more when they get to div round or even more
if they were to get to champ round or SB.

The rams were a good team, and they beat the cowboys convincingly . but they barely got by NO, partly due to refs, and then in
SB they were just out coached in that game.
They are close, have the talent, but only a better coaching performance will get a win in SB. Especially against NE.
Same for chiefs, who need def help too, but NE out coached Reid and his staff too.

That is why I say their is luck involved in getting to a SB and winning one.
If the Rams had faced SD or the colts or even the chiefs in SB they might have won , but they got the pats, bad luck.

After what cooper said, it will be interesting to see what happens in Dal NE game next season.

Here is another thing, brady and Bill have been to so many SB's , they are at ease in that game, whereas most teams they play
they other team , coaches, QB will all be nervous.
This was Goff's 1st SB do you think he was nervous, overwhelmed a little? Same for McVay, all the mental stuff comes into play
at the SB.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I agree they weren’t as good as those teams, but hey did manage to beat NO, and next season is a new year and things change from year to year.
Man, that self bestowed arrogant belief, of having the right personal in the sideline field command COACHING POSITIONS ,,, is a total mind****,,, the Chicago Bears showed the league the blueprint on how to negate L.A's shuck n jive offensive misdirection, SHEESE!,,,GARRETT & CO. pretty much ran up the gallows 13 steps& placed the noose around the teams neck ,,,thru the arrogance of their own self perceived COACHING ability,,, I didn't see the New England Tom Brady's twitch& tumble *** over teacup in reactions to every pre-snap razzle-dazzle snooker dootle ployed feint L.A. attempted to pull,,,ol' B.Belichick has got his aptly given "handle" of the Dark Lord for a reason,,,er,,, and,,,unfortunately, GARRETT's "handle" has also aptly been given as well,,, o_O

HungryLion

Reaction score

The adverstisinh business is certainly evolving. Traditional Ad’s are becoming less popular. Sneakier product placement is becoming more widely used. During interviews and events. Or even more product placement in movies and TV shows.

It’s like years ago in movies or Tv shows. A character would be drinking a beer. The can would just say BEER on it. Or SODA. Now they will be drinking an actual name brand product and the camera will be sure to show the label clearly during certain scenes. A subtle form of advertisement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the players may think they are but that doesn't mean they are.

Dallas is no where near the rams, KC, NO, and NE

I beg to differ. We are not on their level, but were not far off depending on what happens in the offseason. Two great moves were done already going in that direction. Linehan was fired, and a new OC was put in place. We will see someone knew calling plays and possibly some creativity and not Garretts horrid offense. Garrett was also kicked to the curb again and is now even more removed from the offense. HE wanted play calling back and Jerry basically laughed in his face publicly.

Now I am no big fan of promoting a 1st year QB coach, but I will give the kid a chance before I lambast him. Anything is better than Linehan or Garrett.

Richards also didn't go anywhere. So from a coaching standpoint, we did some of the right things.

This team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a patchwork Oline. With Frederick back and Williams another year to bulk up this line should be one of the better units again. And they have quality depth as we have seen.

No more WR by committee nonsense like the first 8 games and a better scheme. Familiarity and more time with Gallup and Cooper will make a big difference. We should hit the ground running from game one. Defense is young and getting better. Maybe we add a TE and safety in the offseason.

This team will be better in every way from where I am seeing it. Dak also appears ready to take the next step.

Pants

Reaction score
That interview seemed like a Tee-ball practice, set ball on tee quickly, whack it, next

Travis: "Ok Dak, we have a little less than 10 minutes"
Dak (sits down): "Ok, ok"
Travis: "I am going to fire questions FAST, I am going to only breath when you are talking."
Dak: "ok, I'll answer and talk REALLY fast and only breath when you ask your questions."
Travis (sets papers with questions in front of both): "Ok, ready?"
Dak: "WAIT, wait. You didn't forget sleep number, right? I gotta get paid"
Travis: "Gotcher back - around minute 8."

"We're here with Dak Prescott......."

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I beg to differ.

If we had played the Rams at home..

I believe we would have won.

We beat the Saints, too.

If we had played better the first half of the year and not gone 3-5..

It would have been a different year for us.

I think this team knows they are close.

I think we all do.

Except you maybe.

redball.jpg

We did play the Rams at home. When you go on the road and have at least a 50/50 split, that is a home game. No team other than the Stealers travel better than the boys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak routinely gives everyone on the team the ultimate in respect.

It's more than likely a reason why he get's so much of it in return.

Wonder if Dak really likes his Sleep Number bed that much? ;)

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I beg to differ. We are not on their level, but were not far off depending on what happens in the offseason. Two great moves were done already going in that direction. Linehan was fired, and a new OC was put in place. We will see someone knew calling plays and possibly some creativity and not Garretts horrid offense. Garrett was also kicked to the curb again and is now even more removed from the offense. HE wanted play calling back and Jerry basically laughed in his face publicly.

Now I am no big fan of promoting a 1st year QB coach, but I will give the kid a chance before I lambast him. Anything is better than Linehan or Garrett.

Richards also didn't go anywhere. So from a coaching standpoint, we did some of the right things.

This team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a patchwork Oline. With Frederick back and Williams another year to bulk up this line should be one of the better units again. And they have quality depth as we have seen.

No more WR by committee nonsense like the first 8 games and a better scheme. Familiarity and more time with Gallup and Cooper will make a big difference. We should hit the ground running from game one. Defense is young and getting better. Maybe we add a TE and safety in the offseason.

This team will be better in every way from where I am seeing it. Dak also appears ready to take the next step.
well I agree with some of what you say, but dont forget the other teams will improve as well.,
McVay learned some things just getting to the SB, and they will be looking to improve their weak areas. Same for NO,
GB has new HC, and chicago will get better, and there will be one or 2 other teams in nfc that rise up.

Sure Dallas could be better next season, but that may not be enough to get past the div round.
all we can do is wait and see next sept.
I dont see anything to get excited about, just some things that may make it more interesting.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
well I agree with some of what you say, but dont forget the other teams will improve as well.,
McVay learned some things just getting to the SB, and they will be looking to improve their weak areas. Same for NO,
GB has new HC, and chicago will get better, and there will be one or 2 other teams in nfc that rise up.

Sure Dallas could be better next season, but that may not be enough to get past the div round.
all we can do is wait and see next sept.
I dont see anything to get excited about, just some things that may make it more interesting.

Plenty to prove. But fixing the Oline and getting rid of Linehan alone will do wonders.