Foxsports: Top-50 free-agent rankings

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/2024-nfl-free-agents-top-50-rankings

2024 NFL free-agent top-50 rankings: Chris Jones, Kirk Cousins lead the way​

18. Tyron Smith, OT, Cowboys

Who wouldn't want Tyron Smith? The real question is: Who can afford him? Based on how he played in 2023, he could be even higher on this list. He's a very talented left tackle, even if he's getting a little older at 33 and remains a regular injury risk. I suspect there will be a long list of suitors for Smith, from the Cowboys to the Jets to the Chiefs. But no one is likely to offer him more money than …

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOT: Washington

35. Steven Nelson, CB, Texans

Nelson knows how to make a contract year work for him — he has 13 career interceptions in nine seasons, but four each in 2023 and 2018, when he set himself up with two years and $17 million from the Steelers. He's durable and has made it work in multiple defensive systems, so he could be back in Houston or on to his fourth team in five seasons.

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOTS: Houston, Arizona, Dallas
38. Tony Pollard, RB, Cowboys

After a Pro Bowl season in 2022, Pollard took a step back — 2 fewer rushing yards on 59 more carries in 2023. Set a career-high with 55 catches but also a career-low at 5.7 yards per catch. Could he reunite with Kellen Moore in Philadelphia if the Eagles turn to yet another primary back?

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOTS: Philadelphia, Tennessee, Tampa Bay
40. Stephon Gilmore, CB, Cowboys

The 33-year-old veteran cover corner helped Dallas finish with 17 interceptions in 2023. Gilmore played in all 17 games, totaling 67 combined tackles, two interceptions, 13 pass breakups and a forced fumble. It's fair to wonder how much good football Gilmore has left in the tank at his age, but in the right role, he could be an asset to a team looking for experience in the back end defensively.

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOT: Dallas, Washington, New England
41. Jonah Williams, OT, Bengals

He might not even be above average, but with 49 starts in the last three years and experience at left and right tackle, Williams will remind people that even average NFL tackles get paid well — likely $15-16 million a year. He requested a trade last year, so don't expect him back with Cincinnati.

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOTS: Dallas, Green Bay, Houston
50. Xavier McKinney, S, Giants

One of two NFL players to play every defensive snap this season, he had a career-best 116 tackles, picked off three passes and forced two fumbles. He's a sure tackler who's solid in coverage, and he's among the youngest players among this year's unrestricted free agents.

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOTS: Giants, Chicago, Dallas

Carson

Reaction score
Tyron isn’t leaving Dallas, IMO.

I would like McKinney but where does he fit? Wilson and Hooker are under contract. They also have guys like Izzy and Thomas who are in need of snaps.

Jonah Williams lol. No chance we let Tyron walk and then dish out $15 million per.

Doubt Gilmore goes to Washington. They have St.Juste and Forbes. If they want a vet they just bring back their best defensive secondary player in Kendall Fuller.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I could see TP going to Eagles as mentioned, but that does not scare me. What does scare me, is what is our long term plan as a team for our O-line.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Tyron isn’t leaving Dallas, IMO.

I would like McKinney but where does he fit? Wilson and Hooker are under contract. They also have guys like Izzy and Thomas who are in need of snaps.

Jonah Williams lol. No chance we let Tyron walk and then dish out $15 million per.

Doubt Gilmore goes to Washington. They have St.Juste and Forbes. If they want a vet they just bring back their best defensive secondary player in Kendall Fuller.
I hope you are right on this.

slick325

Reaction score
Chris Jones would be the dream pick up, but I don't see him leaving KC. Nor do I think the Cowboys would even make the effort to sign him even if they could.

That being said, give me Justin Madubuike DT Ravens. Young, disruptive, comes from a great organization, tough minded defense and may not have peaked yet as a player.

I would go after him and Queen from the Ravens. This defense needs to get tougher as a whole and more stout in the middle of the field. The mindset the Ravens players play with is contagious. Their culture is much better as an organization than Dallas, but hopefully adding the right people can change the culture in Dallas even slightly.

I know all of this is a pipe dream because of the front office approach to free agency and the cap. But, these players plus re-signing Stephon Gilmore and adding impact players in the draft would be ideal.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I can’t imagine Tyron leaving Dallas because no team will manage his injuries like the Cowboys. It appears that Tyron is on a little to no practice schedule. I can’t see how that works with other teams.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I could see TP going to Eagles as mentioned, but that does not scare me. What does scare me, is what is our long term plan as a team for our O-line.
Resign Tyron, Biadasz walk and his replacement options ( draft, free agent or already on the roster ( Bass or Hoffman) )

fivetwos

Reaction score
Chris Jones would be the dream pick up, but I don't see him leaving KC. Nor do I think the Cowboys would even make the effort to sign him even if they could.

That being said, give me Justin Madubuike DT Ravens. Young, disruptive, comes from a great organization, tough minded defense and may not have peaked yet as a player.

I would go after him and Queen from the Ravens. This defense needs to get tougher as a whole and more stout in the middle of the field. The mindset the Ravens players play with is contagious. Their culture is much better as an organization than Dallas, but hopefully adding the right people can change the culture in Dallas even slightly.

I know all of this is a pipe dream because of the front office approach to free agency and the cap. But, these players plus re-signing Stephon Gilmore and adding impact players in the draft would be ideal.
If Chris Jones was drafted by Dallas they would do everything possible to keep him.

Since he wasn’t, they won’t even pick up the phone.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sleeper free agent for the Cowboys.......Connor Williams??? Possible discount on a top C coming off of an injury year? I'd much rather spend the money that way rather than bring Biadasz back or $15M on a Jonah Williams like the article suggests.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Mr_437

Reaction score
At LT, it's Tyron or 1st Round draft pick, Jonah Williams shouldn't be in play.

At CB, Dallas would re-sign Gilmore at a cheaper price than go after Nelson.

At S, Dallas has Hooker, Dono, Bell, Juanyeh and Mukuamu...why would the pay for another SS?

Top 50 is bit rich for Capboy maybe 100-150 is where he'll go shopping.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

At S, Dallas has Hooker, Dono, Bell, Juanyeh and Mukuamu...why would the pay for another SS?

Got a better chance at getting guys during the season when the price is much much lower

John813

Reaction score

Still too rich. Try top 500 lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Other than Bell.....none are starting material and he's more of a strong safety. Would love Harrison Smith ( a guy Zim drafted ) from the Vikes

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would not rule this out IF his price was right ...........don't see it

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/connor-williams-25149/market-value/
Agreed, price point is going to be everything. I can't imagine CW getting that type of a deal though, but I've certainly been wrong before. I'm not even sure he would be ready to play week 1. I'm going off the assumption he has to settle for a 1 year rebuild his value type of deal and probably makes less money than Biadasz does this season.

I'm actually assuming he gets more like a 1 year /$5M, maybe more if it's incentive driven.