Foxsports: Top-50 free-agent rankings

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Chris Jones would be the dream pick up, but I don't see him leaving KC. Nor do I think the Cowboys would even make the effort to sign him even if they could.

That being said, give me Justin Madubuike DT Ravens. Young, disruptive, comes from a great organization, tough minded defense and may not have peaked yet as a player.

I would go after him and Queen from the Ravens. This defense needs to get tougher as a whole and more stout in the middle of the field. The mindset the Ravens players play with is contagious. Their culture is much better as an organization than Dallas, but hopefully adding the right people can change the culture in Dallas even slightly.

I know all of this is a pipe dream because of the front office approach to free agency and the cap. But, these players plus re-signing Stephon Gilmore and adding impact players in the draft would be ideal.
Queen didn't become Quinn till Roquan Smith got there. From what I read Queen isn't exactly a leader or one of them Rah rah type of dudes.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Give me Wilkins, Cashman from the Texans, Lavonte David, DJ Reader, or Leonard Williams. Any combo would do. I dont see Chris Jones leaving the Chiefs, but of he was to leave I can see Dallas making a play. He's very good friends with Prescott.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
IF he is resigned (2-3 years )......does that take OT off the table at 24?
You still gotta take an OT in the draft to groom for the future, unless you feel you have him on the roster already. I would take one in the first couple of rounds. A true and natural LT........This team needs all the help they can get. We all know Tyron will get his annual injury, we just don't know how long he will be out.

slick325

Reaction score
Queen didn't become Quinn till Roquan Smith got there. From what I read Queen isn't exactly a leader or one of them Rah rah type of dudes.
I live in DC but get to attend and see a number of Ravens games. Queen is not as good as Roquan at all. I acknowledge that. But, Queen is very good. He is the Ravens version of Greenlaw and Smith would be the Ravens Fred Warner.

Being a quiet leader that brings accountability and toughness to the middle of the defense would be great. Queen wouldn't make a ton of splash plays, but he will make the consistent plays over and over and over. Maybe Overshown (Sp?) will provide some splash plays along side Queen and Madubuike.

Again, this is all fairy tales and dreams considering Stephen controls the checkbook.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Sign Blake Cashman (237 lbs) and Willie Gay, Jr. (243 lbs. and fast) to play Linebacker, and then sign Mike Pennel to share the 1Tech position with Mazi "Jonah Hill" Smith.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If Chris Jones was drafted by Dallas they would do everything possible to keep him.

Since he wasn’t, they won’t even pick up the phone.
Yep we only like our own expensive guys in free agency.
Any other expensive free agents are not even on our radar.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Chris Jones was drafted by Dallas they would do everything possible to keep him.

Since he wasn’t, they won’t even pick up the phone.
The Chiefs are keeping Jones. They can franchise tag him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How is Wilson not starting material when he has had near Pro Bowl season before
Here's the post I responded to ...........In other words, I never said Wilson was not starting material coz he wasn't mentioned but to be honest, it was not one of his better seasons. Just me, but I think Wilson and Bell will compete for starting SS and we could bring another FS via free agency.

At LT, it's Tyron or 1st Round draft pick, Jonah Williams shouldn't be in play.

At CB, Dallas would re-sign Gilmore at a cheaper price than go after Nelson.

At S, Dallas has Hooker, Dono, Bell, Juanyeh and Mukuamu...why would the pay for another SS?

Top 50 is bit rich for Capboy maybe 100-150 is where he'll go shopping.

Adreme

Reaction score
Here's the post I responded to ...........In other words, I never said Wilson was not starting material coz he wasn't mentioned but to be honest, it was not one of his better seasons. Just me, but I think Wilson and Bell will compete for starting SS and we could bring another FS via free agency.

At LT, it's Tyron or 1st Round draft pick, Jonah Williams shouldn't be in play.

At CB, Dallas would re-sign Gilmore at a cheaper price than go after Nelson.

At S, Dallas has Hooker, Dono, Bell, Juanyeh and Mukuamu...why would the pay for another SS?

Top 50 is bit rich for Capboy maybe 100-150 is where he'll go shopping.
You cant be sure that a starting level year 1 LT will be available at 24. You cant even be sure they are available at 15. That means you need a plan for if/when that scenario that does not give you a hole on the OLine.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That means you need a plan for if/when that scenario that does not give you a hole on the OLine.
I agree with you 100% but Stephen and Jerry have never planned progressively. In other words, they fill holes as needed........so if they resign Tyon Smith to a multi-year extension, ( the key word is multi-year) there is no way they are taking a LT/RT at 24 IMO. Center/Guard I can see but not T. JMO

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Chiefs are keeping Jones. They can franchise tag him.
Yeah probably, but not really the overall point.

If say, Neville Gallimore became a player like Jones, they would make signing him a major priority, but signing a similar player from another team would not be considered.

Why is that?

Personally I don’t think our GM/s know personnel from around the league as well as others. Detroit calls with a trade offer for another player and the kid says “who is that?”

Was that made up, and even if only partially exaggerated how are we not at a major disadvantage in the front office?