Foxsports: Top-50 free-agent rankings

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agreed, price point is going to be everything. I can't imagine CW getting that type of a deal though, but I've certainly been wrong before. I'm not even sure he would be ready to play week 1. I'm going off the assumption he has to settle for a 1 year rebuild his value type of deal and probably makes less money than Biadasz does this season.

I'm actually assuming he gets more like a 1 year /$5M, maybe more if it's incentive driven.
Didn't realize his rehab would take that long ........If that's true, I agree.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Other than Bell.....none are starting material and he's more of a strong safety. Would love Harrison Smith ( a guy Zim drafted ) from the Vikes
Dono isn't starting material to you? Plus, Wilson and Hooker are already paid by the Cowboys as cheap as they are (Cowboys) I can't see them spending on a UFA S.
Harrison Smith will be 35.
What do you think about Juanyeh?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No, he can always play RT if a good LT is sitting there.
So.......you resign Tyon to a fresh 2/3 year contract, Steele is one 2nd year of his new deal and you still use 1st rounder at T? I don't see it.....that's called progressive thinking. Not something we use in the same sentence with Jerry and Stephen (lol).

Aven8

Reaction score
Tyron isn’t leaving Dallas, IMO.

I would like McKinney but where does he fit? Wilson and Hooker are under contract. They also have guys like Izzy and Thomas who are in need of snaps.

Jonah Williams lol. No chance we let Tyron walk and then dish out $15 million per.

Doubt Gilmore goes to Washington. They have St.Juste and Forbes. If they want a vet they just bring back their best defensive secondary player in Kendall Fuller.
I still think Thomas is going to be a star. I’m hoping with a new set of eyes he will move up the ladder

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Chris Jones would be the dream pick up, but I don't see him leaving KC. Nor do I think the Cowboys would even make the effort to sign him even if they could.

That being said, give me Justin Madubuike DT Ravens. Young, disruptive, comes from a great organization, tough minded defense and may not have peaked yet as a player.

I would go after him and Queen from the Ravens. This defense needs to get tougher as a whole and more stout in the middle of the field. The mindset the Ravens players play with is contagious. Their culture is much better as an organization than Dallas, but hopefully adding the right people can change the culture in Dallas even slightly.

I know all of this is a pipe dream because of the front office approach to free agency and the cap. But, these players plus re-signing Stephon Gilmore and adding impact players in the draft would be ideal.
I’ve talked myself into Wilkins from the dolphins also. For DT’s they’re Chris Jones and everyone else this cycle but as you said Jones isn’t leaving. Madubuike is a Dallas kid, went to a&m and would be great but by all accounts he’s getting tagged worst case and they let queen walk.

Wilkins is a good player, high motor, has some nasty, pro bowl caliber guy who can be a huge difference for this team. Cheaper than Jones by a lot (also not nearly as good) and cheaper than madubuike but more importantly the dolphins are likely to let him test free agency and he does not want to be tagged by them and he’s made that clear.

Now as you mentioned we probably get 2 large pizzas and guy who works at Home Depot part time but it’s nice to dream and Wilkins is gettsbke if they wanted him. Chris Jones would be a Deion level move but there’s no chance.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
18. Tyron Smith, OT, Cowboys

Who wouldn't want Tyron Smith? The real question is: Who can afford him? Based on how he played in 2023, he could be even higher on this list. He's a very talented left tackle, even if he's getting a little older at 33 and remains a regular injury risk. I suspect there will be a long list of suitors for Smith, from the Cowboys to the Jets to the Chiefs. But no one is likely to offer him more money than …

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOT: Washington
Washington! What the ???

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So.......you resign Tyon to a fresh 2/3 year contract, Steele is one 2nd year of his new deal and you still use 1st rounder at T?
Yes. The talent in this draft dictates it. The exceptions are the Oregon Center or someone slipping (CeeDee, Parsons) that you didn't anticipate.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Lots of good names on that list. Should be an interesting off-season. See if Dallas are actually players this round, as they so allude to.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
At LT, it's Tyron or 1st Round draft pick, Jonah Williams shouldn't be in play.

At CB, Dallas would re-sign Gilmore at a cheaper price than go after Nelson.

At S, Dallas has Hooker, Dono, Bell, Juanyeh and Mukuamu...why would the pay for another SS?

Top 50 is bit rich for Capboy maybe 100-150 is where he'll go shopping.
they will sell it to us by re-signing Tyron and Gilmoure to incentive laden contracts and say we retained two top 50 FA's...unfortunately we need more than that

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I still think Thomas is going to be a star. I’m hoping with a new set of eyes he will move up the ladder
I agree I think Thomas has star potential. Dallas must build the trenches on both sides of the ball , weather it be the draft or free agency.Linebacker and running back also need an infusion of talent.

vlad

Reaction score
Lb help looks hard to come by… maybe trade partners?