Freadbeard and Martin look terrible

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not sure about Zeke. 100 yards with how many times he got the ball isnt that impressive when you consider he's being paid with the greatest contract ever bestowed on a RB
Would you stop it... $12M per year isnt that much in the NFL. Dudes like Leonard Williams are making more than him to suck. Trey Burton, Sammy Watkins, D Lawrence.

A 3 down back with Zeke's level of production is earning his money.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Would you stop it... $12M per year isnt that much in the NFL. Dudes like Leonard Williams are making more than him to suck. Trey Burton, Sammy Watkins, D Lawrence.

A 3 down back with Zeke's level of production is earning his money.

You cant compare what people at other positions make in relation. Every position has a set market thats wildly different

khiladi

Reaction score
Not in the third quarter and onwards did they look terrible.

9 out of 12 plays called for Zeke the first series of the third and the offense marched down the field.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 2019 biggest salary cap hits:

1. Tyron Smith
2. Zack Martin
3. Amari Cooper
4. Demarcus Lawrence
5. Travis Frederick
6. Tyrone Crawford
7. Robert Quinn'
8. Ezekiel Elliot
9. Byron Jones
10. Sean Lee

On that list, who would you say really earned their paycheck yesterday?

Quinn

Elusiv1

Reaction score
Why in the bloody hell would you run a 5 reciever set on the 2pt conversion when you know the Jets are going to bring the house on a Greg Williams blitz? These coachers are just dumb!!!

gmb1

Reaction score
The Jets killed us up the middle. I wonder why this doesn't get as much traction as saying "Dak sucks"? Those guys have been terrible all year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
well guys, heres the deal, CBZ told me its the talent, so i guess these guys arent as good as you think. Also Columbo has been a good coach right? good player means good coach right? So we got that going for us.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The all-out blitzes were a bigger problem than the O-Line yesterday. I guess some of that can be put on Fredbeard, but I think this is more of a Moore/Prescott problem.

Romo was also bringing up that Williams probably showed Dak things he's never seen before. However, there were times even I saw the blitz before the snap and was surprised Prescott didn't make the necessary changes for a quick throw.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think Fred will ever be the same guy, and it looks like Martin is having a lot of issues with his injury, but what's more disturbing is that they're both making a lot of mental mistakes.

Look at the 2 pt conversion. Right up the middle.
fred hasnt' been fred since I think he is still recovering. I think Martin is dealing with back issues and is not his old powerful self. with that said, more than any other group, the OL needs to function as one and one failure along the 5 will cause the whole thing to collapse....I am not defending JG, as yesterday the defense was just down right awful and offensive game plan was not good, but Fleming is a back up at LT and the RT is an UDFA in his first year in the league....and Williams is having all kinds of issues this year. that OL is terrible right now.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although both may have some injuries and not playing at their normal 100%.

Is it too much to consider that Zak is trying to help out a backup OT.

While Fred is helping out a still struggling Williams who was also having a backup OT on his side.

Just something to consider.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
take it for what it's worth but the commentators on ESPN said that Dak should never have motioned Zeke out. Dak should have recognized that the safety was blitzing. Dak took away the 1 guy that would have been there to pick up the blitz.

Shhhhhh

It's much more convenient for some people to just slap blame on the offensive line for not blocking 6 or 7 guys with 5 players

superonyx

Reaction score
You cant compare what people at other positions make in relation. Every position has a set market thats wildly different
Of course you can. I just did.
What you meant is "don't compare him to other overpaid positions because it doesnt fit my narrative".

What Zeke is making is the set market value for a player of his caliber. Unlike the other guys I mentioned Zeke is still producing after getting paid.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I don't think Fred will ever be the same guy, and it looks like Martin is having a lot of issues with his injury, but what's more disturbing is that they're both making a lot of mental mistakes.

Look at the 2 pt conversion. Right up the middle.

Yep, if they pinch inside and force the outside guy to get there Dak has another 1/2 second to make a little better throw.