Freddie Kitchens new Browns Head Coach

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Why would Riley take our OC job?
I am aware it is a very long shot but Dallas is one of the greatest sports organizations in the world and it should be alluring to be in this organization. If the money is enough to drag him there, then why not?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just a wild guess here -- because he'd have some good talent to work with and a good chance of having more of same next year.

He just saw Kliff get a HC job and he didn't even have a winning record at Tech. Meanwhile Riley has went to the playoffs twice in a row. He would not come to the NFL unless it is for a HC opportunity.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry, but you don't leave the position of HC over a successful college program to be an NFL OC. Heck, Kliff Kingsbury got an NFL head coaching job, why would Riley accept less?

For one thing, there's a strong chance Jerry would pay him better. He'd also be introduced into the NFL with a very successful team and a pretty good shot at eventually going even higher. Of course, that decision would strictly be up to him. If he chose to decline, so be it.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Browns??? If they were going internal why not Greg Williams. They are funny.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Sorry, but you don't leave the position of HC over a successful college program to be an NFL OC. Heck, Kliff Kingsbury got an NFL head coaching job, why would Riley accept less?

I swear people aren't paying attention. When/If Riley leaves OU, it won't be to be an offensive coordinator.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I am aware it is a very long shot but Dallas is one of the greatest sports organizations in the world and it should be alluring to be in this organization. If the money is enough to drag him there, then why not?

So, Lincoln Riley makes $5 million a year as a College Coach. The average salary in the NFL for coordinators is $160,000 a year, but the highest paid coordinators are guess where? Dallas, with an average of around $300,000 a year. Garrett makes $6 million a year. So, I don't see how the math would work out. You can't have your OC making as much as your head coach.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So, Lincoln Riley makes $5 million a year as a College Coach. The average salary in the NFL for coordinators is $160,000 a year, but the highest paid coordinators are guess where? Dallas, with an average of around $300,000 a year. Garrett makes $6 million a year. So, I don't see how the math would work out. You can't have your OC making as much as your head coach.
We did it before with Garrett.

pansophy

Reaction score
surprised.
figured McCarthy would be a slam-dunk there.
It's not a great job. They have some really good players right now but they are a franchise known for under resourced compared to other teams. I'd much rather have the Jets job.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Baker is happy.
tenor.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He just saw Kliff get a HC job and he didn't even have a winning record at Tech. Meanwhile Riley has went to the playoffs twice in a row. He would not come to the NFL unless it is for a HC opportunity.

Perhaps but nothing ventured, nothing gained. It wouldn't cost us anything to try, that's for sure. I wouldn't be adverse to offering him a HC post, either but naturally, Jerry might have other ideas about that.
Of course, we could get slaughtered by the Rams to change his mind, though. :omg:

Last edited: