Freddie Kitchens new Browns Head Coach

Zordon

Reaction score
So, Lincoln Riley makes $5 million a year as a College Coach. The average salary in the NFL for coordinators is $160,000 a year, but the highest paid coordinators are guess where? Dallas, with an average of around $300,000 a year. Garrett makes $6 million a year. So, I don't see how the math would work out. You can't have your OC making as much as your head coach.
I'm pretty sure he just agreed to an extension/raise. He'll be making 6-7M starting next year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was reported that Williams had more support from the offensive players than his own defense.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good move by the Browns.

That team is one good offseason from being a legit challenger for the division title in '19.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The Browns were #30 in total defense, and Gregg Williams only coaches the D. That roster has some elite talent on both sides of the ball (seriously!) but only the offense really capitalized on it.

Most of their success was due to Kitchens developing Mayfield and improving the gameday play calls. The second they got rid of Hue Jackson and Todd Haley his production blew up.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was reported that Williams had more support from the offensive players than his own defense.
That is definitely odd.

But once they had Hue Jackson, practically anyone would be a step up.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
All the teams have taken a pass on McCarthy, he’s trying to get out in front of it by saying that he will only take the Jets job. I like the Browns hire, looking fwd to more Mayfield.
Wrong McCarthy is still an amazing coach.

GenoT

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield was drafted April 2018. It’s now Jan 2019.

He’s now on his third HC in @9mos, lol!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Bungles should look at Macarthy

He has already come out and said he doesn't want any job except the Jets.

The Bengals are going to have a nightmare hire based on who they have talked to.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Bengals are going to have a nightmare hire based on who they have talked to.

Not only that, they're likely going to be looking up at the Browns in the win column for several seasons to come.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Marvin Lewis wants Hue Jackson to replace him. lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like this decision. I think it was made to appease Mayfield and I believe he'd be better off with a proven head coach that can keep him under control a little more.

We shall see. He's stepping into a great situation. They are ready to win. This would have been my top job opening if I was coach in the mix.

GenoT

Reaction score
I don't like this decision. I think it was made to appease Mayfield and I believe he'd be better off with a proven head coach that can keep him under control a little more.

We shall see. He's stepping into a great situation. They are ready to win. This would have been my top job opening if I was coach in the mix.
Keeping in mind, these are the Cleveland Browns. They do things diff’rnt than udder teams dew.