Fredd's First Mock

Fredd

Reaction score
So, first attempt, will spend A LOT more time on the picks in the coming week, so perhaps my second mock will look a little different - using my Draft Spreadsheet, I am using this process to come up with my mock.

I used the rankings, first round will be at best 3 spots higher than out pick vs what is in the rankings (can go lower of course); 2nd round is 2X3 spots or 6 spots higher, 3rd round is 3X or 9, etc. Here are the guys I am picking as of right now

1st round (#27): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St – listed as #25 on my chart – this guy has been inching up the charts; this would help to solidify the DL position even more; the more you can get pressure up the middle, the more the outside rush will be effective
Hon Mention: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

2nd round (#60): Paul Dawson, LB, TCU – the team has been getting the LB position ready during the off season and this helps the longevity of the position, putting him in the SAM
Hon Mention: Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

3rd round (#91): Eric Rowe, CB, Utah – not sure he lasts this long, but I have him #84 on my chart, so who knows; a big, physical corner to add to the group; assumes he takes over Mo’s spot in 2016
Hon Mention: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida St

4th round (#127): Anthony Chickillo DE, Miami – another young body for the young OLine
Hon Mention: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St

5th round (#163): Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska – we need a Kick returner, this guy is it
Hon Mention: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina

6th round – no picks

7th round (#237): Mark Glowinski, OG, West Virginia – shore up the OLine

7th round (#244): Frank Clark, DE, Michigan – throw him against the wall and see if he sticks

What say you? Defensive heavy, yes, and IMO, that is where it should be

tm1119

Reaction score
Rowe, Glowinski, and Clark will all be long gone by the time you have them going.

And given the fact that we haven't shown interest in any DT's I highly doubt we take 1 in the 1st. I'll be very shocked if we take Goldman honestly.

You picked a lot of talented players that fit our team, just not sure they all realistically fit into a mock with our current picks.

Spectre

Reaction score
This is the 5th mock I've seen here in the last week w/o a RB.
Not gonna happen.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't see the Cowboys drafting a 330lb NT-type DT.

I think you have Dawson going a couple rounds too early.

I'm not sure what to think about Rowe.

Oh, and no RB?

Can't see it.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Goldman is a 1 tech. There's very little chance we take a 1 tech in the first couple of rounds. I'd love Rowe in the second round, there's very little chance he's there in the 3rd. Frank Clark seems to be climbing, I'd almost think we have to use our 3rd or at worst our 4th if we want him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, first attempt, will spend A LOT more time on the picks in the coming week, so perhaps my second mock will look a little different - using my Draft Spreadsheet, I am using this process to come up with my mock.

I used the rankings, first round will be at best 3 spots higher than out pick vs what is in the rankings (can go lower of course); 2nd round is 2X3 spots or 6 spots higher, 3rd round is 3X or 9, etc. Here are the guys I am picking as of right now

1st round (#27): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida St – listed as #25 on my chart – this guy has been inching up the charts; this would help to solidify the DL position even more; the more you can get pressure up the middle, the more the outside rush will be effective
Hon Mention: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

2nd round (#60): Paul Dawson, LB, TCU – the team has been getting the LB position ready during the off season and this helps the longevity of the position, putting him in the SAM
Hon Mention: Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

3rd round (#91): Eric Rowe, CB, Utah – not sure he lasts this long, but I have him #84 on my chart, so who knows; a big, physical corner to add to the group; assumes he takes over Mo’s spot in 2016
Hon Mention: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida St

4th round (#127): Anthony Chickillo DE, Miami – another young body for the young OLine
Hon Mention: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St

5th round (#163): Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska – we need a Kick returner, this guy is it
Hon Mention: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina

6th round – no picks

7th round (#237): Mark Glowinski, OG, West Virginia – shore up the OLine

7th round (#244): Frank Clark, DE, Michigan – throw him against the wall and see if he sticks

What say you? Defensive heavy, yes, and IMO, that is where it should be

They only contact they had with a DT was a udfa type that came in for the Dallas Day. They are already unlikely to draft a pure 1tech in the 1st; although it was a big problem position last year. I think they see Brent/Bishop/McClain as options there this year.

They did have Dawson in for Dallas Day which seemed odd to me. I feel like a LB has to be a bargain for them to even draft one. They have loaded up on veteran LBs.

Eric Rowe was a 1st round pick in 3 of 6 mocks by the top analysts at CBS and ESPN.

Chickillo and Bell would be a good picks.

Frank Clark appears to be getting a lot of attention and could go as high as the 3rd. IMO, he is better than Preston Smith or Mario Edwards Jr. but has the obvious character issues.

Glowinski is a solid player. Watch Kevin White games to see him. I think he is a 5th rounder. I call him a Zack Martin starter kit.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Clark won't last to the 7th if he does it is a steal.

Spectre

Reaction score
If they don't get one of the RBs that they really want, it's possible that they don't draft one at all. I think they like the guys on the roster much more than the fans do.

That's possible but I think unlikely. The depth at RB in this draft just about begs every team to grab one, at some point, even if only for sh#t$-n-giggles. Chip Kelly will probably take 3 of them.

Fredd

Reaction score
No offense.
But barf

no offense, but let me offend you....lol

and, no offense taken...I was just going by the chart and the chart was made by using 17 other mocks at the time (and CBS was one of them)

Macnalty

Reaction score

and, no offense taken...I was just going by the chart and the chart was made by using 17 other mocks at the time (and CBS was one of them)

Yes it certainly is swaying no DT in the first rd, O Odiggy, Gurley or trade seems like the growing consensus. I personally would scoop up M Brown(DT) if he drops.
Gurley going to San Diego seems to have lost some steam along with the Cardinals desire for a featured back, so Gurley might be happening at 27. I think few would argue with the choice other than his injury hampering him most of this season. We certainly have the Backup RB position fully stocked.
I have noticed that Goldman has dropped into the middle of the second rd as the real value teams are placing on talent emerges.

dwreck27

Reaction score

Sorry if i offended lol but in all seriousness i see goldman as a big time bust coming into the league...

Im a big miami hurricanes fan so I watch a lot of ACC play and ive always been very unimpressed with him as a player... as a 2nd round pick yes please... but in the 1st i pray we dont pull that trigger

But props on the chickillio pick i think hes going to be a late round gem... he was a terrible fit in the scheme they ran at Miami but i think he will be a great RM type of high motor player

Fredd

Reaction score
Yes it certainly is swaying no DT in the first rd, O Odiggy, Gurley or trade seems like the growing consensus. I personally would scoop up M Brown(DT) if he drops.
Gurley going to San Diego seems to have lost some steam along with the Cardinals desire for a featured back, so Gurley might be happening at 27. I think few would argue with the choice other than his injury hampering him most of this season. We certainly have the Backup RB position fully stocked.
I have noticed that Goldman has dropped into the middle of the second rd as the real value teams are placing on talent emerges.

I went by what the chart showed, but in reality, the guys I would be silly happy if they picked would start with Brown, I just don't see him there when Dallas picks...OO has grown a lot on me as well and I would be pretty happy with that pick, although I think his value is a little lower...a minor trade back (if a willing partner is around) and then take OO in the mid-30's

Fredd

Reaction score
Sorry if i offended lol but in all seriousness i see goldman as a big time bust coming into the league...

Im a big miami hurricanes fan so I watch a lot of ACC play and ive always been very unimpressed with him as a player... as a 2nd round pick yes please... but in the 1st i pray we dont pull that trigger

But props on the chickillio pick i think hes going to be a late round gem... he was a terrible fit in the scheme they ran at Miami but i think he will be a great RM type of high motor player

the only two DT's I see worth anything in the first 35 picks are Brown and Goldman, and I don't really want them to draft goldman, especially with some of the other defensive players out there...but, I also see people with their mocks jumping on the CB bandwagon...I like Jones a lot (for example), but would be disappointed if they took him at 27, that is too early for me...the one thing I LOVE about him is that he was a team captain, so he fits the mold of the type of team Garrett is building...9 more days until we find out

Macnalty

Reaction score
I went by what the chart showed, but in reality, the guys I would be silly happy if they picked would start with Brown, I just don't see him there when Dallas picks...OO has grown a lot on me as well and I would be pretty happy with that pick, although I think his value is a little lower...a minor trade back (if a willing partner is around) and then take OO in the mid-30's

Might be right about OOdiggy movement, hear that Preston Smith has moved squarely into the first rd, so someone gets displaced.