Twitter: Frederick will not participate in OTAs or minicamp

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You should be. He's been out of the game for a year with an autoimmune disease which causes weakness and tingling. His job is to move 300lb+ defensive tackles. Looney was okay last year, but Beard might never be the same.

I'm not worried cause Looney played just fine all last year. I'd like fred back and all but it's not like looney was bad at the position.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Wow...Frederick didn't even play last year, but he needs shoulder surgery? Was this an injury that happened pre-Gullain-Barre?
Not a doctor but I guess maybe due to the nature of GBS they were worried he would not be able to rehab the shoulder properly.

jrumann59

Reaction score
You should be. He's been out of the game for a year with an autoimmune disease which causes weakness and tingling. His job is to move 300lb+ defensive tackles. Looney was okay last year, but Beard might never be the same.
Most who recover are fine especially if caught early enough.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Not worried about fredbeard at all. Looney played just fine and should start with the 1's untill fred can earn his job back. Same for Witten with the TE group. You don't play for a year you earn your spot back.
every time I see your username it makes me want some charro beans

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news

Last thing he needs is to get hurt early and also looney can get more reps it’s a win win
:hammer:No need to rush his rehab/conditioning. He will be back. His 90% is better than most players 100%.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a doctor but I guess maybe due to the nature of GBS they were worried he would not be able to rehab the shoulder properly.
Most likely. That would be two major issues and not enough energy to do both.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel confident in Frederick coming back. Doctors wanted to wait until they felt comfortable about performing the shoulder procedure and he should be ready to go for the upcoming season. He will be doing rehab work on the side as he gets ready for camp