Free Agency News

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Huh? I don’t understand this reply. I was saying I wanted a cheap vet to go along with whatever we do to fix the WR situation be it a big trade or drafting WR in the 1st. If you’re talking about Tolbert I said he should be last on the depth chart till he proves he can play. Also I can see TY doing what he did last season and sign with a playoff team late in season so he can spend more time with family.

I was agreeing with your post and added the reason, so wasn’t disagreeing with the post at all my man.

JBS

Reaction score
It’s overkill is what it is. The rest of the league sees it, why can’t we?
It’s not overkill. Pollard won’t be here in 24. Bijan won’t make it to 26 anyways. So no, the rest of the league doesn’t see it the way you see it. Somebody will take him in round 1 before us.

Einstein

Reaction score
It’s not overkill. Pollard won’t be here in 24. Bijan won’t make it to 26 anyways. So no, the rest of the league doesn’t see it the way you see it. Somebody will take him in round 1 before us.
Agreed on Bijan, even if he was there at 25 and NYG doesn't want to draft him, I can see someone jumping in front of us... IF we are actually interested even.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rest of the league isn’t paying $10 million for running backs. Not the ones that are winning.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Two years in a row now (in my opinion), the Cowboys chose to tag good players for great money. It shows me that ‘like for their guys’ is more important than knowing the league market for player costs.
Try looking at it this way….two years in a row they didn’t give a long term second deal to someone they shouldn’t have.

This move was sealed when they didn’t get a back in the mid rounds last year.

Schultz I would have just let walk and took my chances, but we really can’t lose Pollard for the coming year. Yes, 10m is ridiculous for a RB, but he is such a playmaker that he has a very good chance to earn it……and the extra salary above what he is worth is the price for not committing long term.

It’d be nice if they would be ahead of things like this, but they are always using the draft to plug holes from the previous year. Tough to get ahead that way.