Free Agency thread

tm1119

Reaction score
I wonder how some people on this board react to the Rams. They must want Les Snead burned at the stake for being a witch or something. Because there’s absolutely no way it could be possible to make moves the way they do…if you are a cowboys fan

davey999

Reaction score
So we are close on Kearse and Armstrong, the favorite for Wagner, in play for a trade for Hunter, and in play for Smith. Hard to believe any of it right now.
Look how long its taking just to sign Armstrong.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Fletcher Cox has a $40M cap hit if I'm not mistaken. Will cost them $12M this year, $28M next.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox has a $40M cap hit if I'm not mistaken. Will cost them $12M this year, $28M next.

If we’re bringing him back, which is what’s reported, there is some cap incentive to do it this way. Howie fudging some numbers right now

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Probably means nothing, but...

They apparently do not handicap their bets based on management. Probably only looking at the fact that Quinn is our DC and Wagner played for Quinn and respects him. I can't remember if Quinn expressed a desire to bring in Wagner, or if that came from "sources."

Anyway, whatever the reasons for the odds, Wagner will not sign here because the Joneses won't be willing to pay for him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’ll take back all my complaining about this offseason and sing the front office’s praises if they sign Wagner and Za’Darius.

If it's any consolation, you won't have to do that.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
When does the cheap scrubs nobody else want start getting signed? Once that starts Dallas will lead the headlines:facepalm:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How do you feel about this move?

We’ll see where it goes. If they just bring him back right away then I’m not going to contest Howie’s knowledge of circumventing cap charges. If he doesn’t, then I’m glad we have 3 first round picks. Jordan Davis is almost assuredly an Eagle then

gimmesix

Reaction score

Wait ... who is Eli Ankou?

Never mind ... man, the number of nobodies we're acquired with this philosophy makes it so easy to forget players.

Dallas Cowboys
On November 2, 2020, Ankou was traded to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for a 7th round draft pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.[13] He was acquired to provide depth after the release of defensive tackle Dontari Poe and to help improve a defensive line that was struggling to stop the run. He appeared in 7 games as a backup, tallying 5 tackles and one quarterback pressure. He wasn't re-signed after the season.