Free Agency thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not sure what Kearse's market it. The role he played in Quinn's defense was a cross between strong safety and linebacker. He'd need to go to a team that doesn't ask him to play two-deep and mainly plays him around the line of scrimmage and in the short zone.

morasp

Reaction score
Just checked Overthcap.com and we have the seventh most cap space with $23,506,718. How mad would you be if it goes unused?

Carson

Reaction score
Just checked Overthcap.com and we have the seventh most cap space with $23,506,718. How mad would you be if it goes unused?
Add another 10 to that in June for Collins.

Plus we could free up another 8 from Tyron and another 6-8 by extending Schultz.

It’s frustrating because this year we can actually spend and we still don’t

morasp

Reaction score
Add another 10 to that in June for Collins.

Plus we could free up another 8 from Tyron and another 6-8 by extending Schultz.

It’s frustrating because this year we can actually spend and we still don’t
I'm not sure if they're just dumb, lazy, or cheap. Probably a little of all of them.

FaSho

Reaction score
The lack of signings doesn't even bother me anymore. What does bother me is giving a 2 year, 13 million dollar contract to someone who probably had zero interest from other teams, and could have been had for the vet minimum probably.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lack of signings doesn't even bother me anymore. What does bother me is giving a 2 year, 13 million dollar contract to someone who probably had zero interest from other teams, and could have been had for the vet minimum probably.

It clearly looks like a player taking advantage of a team in panic mode because the other deal they attempted blew up in their faces.

When does this organization stop letting Little Enos negotiate contracts?

DFWJC

Reaction score
He had 5 sacks and 12 QB hits last year.
In this league and at his still young age, of course, he would've gotten a similar deal elsewhere.

For example, Gregory had one more sack and 5 more hits last year.

Armstrong is a solid guy to have in the mix, though I hope its just for decent depth.

morasp

Reaction score
What bothers me is fans acting like Gregory and his 6 sacks during the season and one tackle and three assists in the wild card game was the next coming of Reggie White or Charles Haley.

817Gill

Reaction score
He had 5 sacks and 12 QB hits last year.
In this league and at his still young age, of course, he would've gotten a similar deal elsewhere.

For example, Gregory had one more sack and 5 more hits last year.

Armstrong is a solid guy to have in the mix, though I hope its just for decent depth.
Exactly, people don’t understand how the FA thing works. If you’re young and coming off your best year getting 5 sacks as mostly a backup you’re going to get solid looks around the league.

The deal was fair it’s just exasperated by no other real movement. Had we signed 2 FA’s before doing this no one would complain.