Free Agency thread

Carson

Reaction score
Is there ANY good reason why he thinks telling the world our draft strategy will help??

I can't understand this FO and obsession with yapping constantly.

They can literally be a text book example of how NOT to run a franchise.
In hindsight, most teams show their hands and or most teams know where they are going.

Teams knew we wanted a CB last season. I mean picking at 24, you cannot really dictate much and the board falls to you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there ANY good reason why he thinks telling the world our draft strategy will help??

I can't understand this FO and obsession with yapping constantly.

They can literally be a text book example of how NOT to run a franchise.

:hammer:

Because it's more important to have people interested in what he has to say, even if that means giving out trade secrets. Having people sit down and listen to them is more important than doing good business, and winning.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Hernandez specifically. I was talking in general how we seem to not realize we have a complete hole at LG.

Gotcha. I look for them to address it during the draft and after cuts that happen following the draft. Personally, I think the free agent list for guards was pretty weak this year.unless you were wiling to blow $16 million a year on Scherff.

Carson

Reaction score
Have the Chiefs already giving up on 2nd round gem Juan Thornhill ? or is Bush considered depth ?

They just signed FA vet safety Justin Reid.
Depth.

They lost Honey Badger and Sorensen. Sorensen was a spot starter and special teams guy

Carson

Reaction score
We did. With Jayron Kearse. But I would think that Peppers is the more highly-regarded player around the league.
Oh I love Kearse. In 2020, he lined up mainly in the box (383 snaps) and as a slot cornerback (264) to go with free safety (143), defensive line (77) and outside cornerback (44). Hes just a pet cat of mine and always wanted to sign him. He would get Lamb off of punt returner as well.