Free Agent Wish List - No Strings Attached

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Starting to look like team will stay the same, Players & Coaches. Mostly just some roster changes. FA is big part of that.

See link from PFF, best one I've found ranking Top 2024 FAs by position: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-primer-best-free-agents-every-position

Simple questions. No strings attached, and assuming they STAY free agents..... If we could afford anyone, who would you hire? Too early to get into all the complications. So just a broad wish list.

Players I would love to go for and reason why:
  • DT Chris Jones... No more DT problems!!! Bigger more brutal D-Line. Running not as easy. So many reason why he would be worth the giant contract he will probably get if KC lets another All Pro starter go.
  • S Antoine Winfield Jr.... LB list is slim pickings, but why not a dawg at Safety? He is like his daddy. Big reason for TB's defensive success this year.
  • RB Derrick Henry... Would have been nice to have him mid-season and he's closer end of his career now, but we still need our own #33! And not talking about Dorsett. Big physical runner who still has burners. 6'3" 247 lbs, compliments Pollard, Rico or any of our smaller backs.
  • OT Trent Brown... Seeya Steele!
  • WR Mike Evans... big body WR and perfect complement to CeeDee

phildadon86

Reaction score
Starting to look like team will stay the same, Players & Coaches. Mostly just some roster changes. FA is big part of that.

See link from PFF, best one I've found ranking Top 2024 FAs by position: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agency-primer-best-free-agents-every-position

Simple questions. No strings attached, and assuming they STAY free agents..... If we could afford anyone, who would you hire?

• DT Chris Jones... No more DT problems!!! Bigger more brutal D-Line. Running not as easy. So many reason why he would be worth the giant contract he will probably get if KC lets another All Pro starter go.
  • S Antoine Winfield Jr.... LB list is slim pickings, but why not a dawg at Safety? He is like his daddy. Big reason for TB's defensive success this year.
  • RB Derrick Henry... Would have been nice to have him mid-season and he's closer end of his career now, but we still need our own #33! And not talking about Dorsett. Big physical runner who still has burners. 6'3" 247 lbs, compliments Pollard, Rico or any of our smaller backs.
You think this FO is spending that? I have a bridge to sell you. Id be shocked if one of those players even visits.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Simple questions. No strings attached, and assuming they STAY free agents..... If we could afford anyone, who would you hire?

Patrick queen would be my #1 target. Frankie Luvu LB from the panthers is also very underrated.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This isn't even remotely realistic in any form! Chris jones do you really think he'll want a cheap deal? He's getting at least 20 million, I think that's what the guy in washington signed for a year. Winfield, he's going to want way too much, would love him here though. Henry, hmmmm maybe, depending on how much he wants. Have to find a change of pace back to go with him NOT named Pollard. Trent Brown, I think steele stays here another year or so, he just signed his deal (bad for us). Mike Evans, exactly how much would he want

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
don't get mad at me, these are players that could help, but paying dak, ceedee etc whomever else we get, money is going to be tight!!!
Honestly, I wouldn't pay Dak. But he is probably cheaper if they extend him rather than lame duck and everything hits his last year.

John813

Reaction score
RB: Ezekial Elliott. Jerry misses his buddy and decides to let Pollard walk and bring back Zeke.
C: Trystan Colon. Stephen Jones gets his FA paperwork mixed up with colonoscopy paperwork and we mistakenly sign Colon and don't realize it till minicamp.
LB: Blake Cashman. Stephen makes a joke about his last name and decides he has to sign him for cheap.
LB: AVG. Jack of all LB. Better at edge than at ILB but can play both. Cowboys FO pee down their leg when hearing that AVG player is versatile and can flex out to multiple positions. .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Somehow adding Chris Jones and Mike Evans would drastically change my thoughts for 2024.

That said, we might as well add prime Emmitt Smith and Reggie White for how likely that is to happen
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RB: Ezekial Elliott. Jerry misses his buddy and decides to let Pollard walk and bring back Zeke.
C: Trystan Colon. Stephen Jones gets his FA paperwork mixed up with a colonoscopy and we mistakenly sign Colon and don't realize it till minicamp.
LB: Blake Cashman. Stephen makes a joke about his last name and decides he has to sign him for cheap.
LB: AVG. Jack of all LB. Better at edge than at ILB but can play both. Cowboys FO pee down their leg when hearing that AVG player is versatile and can flex out to multiple positions. .
the dreaded LB that Quinn worked out years ago in the draft, or a former Falcon/Seahawk with quinn ties

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Somehow adding Chris Jones and Mike Evans would drastically change my thoughts for 2024.

That said, we might as well add prime Emmitt Smith and Reggie White for how likely that is to happen
Hey... never put it past Jerry the Salesman. He knows the fans won't go into next season buy it this time.

This is the man who talked Deion into coming. Ya never know.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Those guys would pay for pennies, these guys now can't play without being the market setter of the league!!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You think this FO is spending that? I have a bridge to sell you. Id be shocked if one of those players even visits.
If they plan on maintaining their fanbase, they better have a plan that doesn't include lucking into a couple of veterans via trade. It can be argued that Cooks and Gilmore were great additions, and I applaud the front office for salvaging an otherwise horrendous offseason. They still failed to address o-line depth, LB, RUNNING BACK, the penalties, team discipline, and in-game decision making. Now it seems they'll need to develop an entirely new defensive scheme and who knows how the players will adapt, especially if Q leaves.

Thankfully Bland came up big this season, otherwise we would be looking for a starting corner, at least one good DT, two good linebackers, two good edge players, a great LT, a good RT, and a starting caliber RB to field a competitive team. With limited draft stock and lower picks this season, they're going to have to rely on free agency. How do you do that with Dak's contract? At least half of the fan base has been alienated over the course of the last week, and the Jones ensemble risks losing more support by extending a guy that collapses under pressure to a record extensions. What a corner the front office has backed themselves into...