Free Agents?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are a lot of you on here a lot smarter than me, so can someone post some possible free agents. Like everyone else, I'd love a WR, ball hawk safety, LB and some offensive line depth.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First and foremost, for this team and it's mentality.

They will play their own players to prevent them from going elsewhere.

Tank
Martin
Irving

They will probably use tags on both Tank and Irving and extend Martin if not give him a new contract all together.

They will work on other contracts, asking for some players to take pay cuts and or restructuring other contracts.

Then they will look at some mid level to lower "bargins" as fill in and depth guys that can rotate on the Dline.

However there is one glimmer of hope for a decent FA acquisition.

If there is someone out there they really like and thinks can help this team, they will pony up a little extra to go after them but will not get in a bidding war.
Last year they were going to go after JPP but he decided to stay and sign with the Giants.

I don't know if there is anyone like that out there that catches their eye.

It could very well be a WR that they feel can come in and help or provide a spark like Robinson did a few years ago.

But for the most part the days of Dallas going out and buying big to bring in Big Name FAs are over. I can only see them over paying for someone on the FA market (not their own) if they
deem that one player a make or break player for them to make a run.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Tank
Martin
Irving

They will probably use tags on both Tank and Irving and extend Martin if not give him a new contract all together.

They will work on other contracts, asking for some players to take pay cuts and or restructuring other contracts.

Then they will look at some mid level to lower "bargins" as fill in and depth guys that can rotate on the Dline.

If there is someone out there they really like and thinks can help this team, they will pony up a little extra to go after them but will not get in a bidding war.
Last year they were going to go after JPP but he decided to stay and sign with the Giants.

It could very well be a WR that they feel can come in and help or provide a spark like Robinson did a few years ago.

But for the most part the days of Dallas going out and buying big to bring in Big Name FAs are over. I can only see them over paying for someone on the FA market (not their own) if they
So,,,other than our mid level rookie draft picks in 2018,the FA talent landed by Dallas will be the usual types ,adding Zero to the teams benefit? & my expectations of improvement should remain around the 8-8 success mark,,,?,,,copy!

cowboyec

Reaction score
earl watford,OG-arizona
john brown,WR-arizona
demario davis,MLB-jets
paul richardson,WR-seattle
taylor gabriel,WR-falcons
ryan jensen,OG-panthers

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There are a lot of you on here a lot smarter than me, so can someone post some possible free agents. Like everyone else, I'd love a WR, ball hawk safety, LB and some offensive line depth.
Look a thread down. I posted an FA the Boys just picked up. No replies. Hurry, be the first.

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
earl watford,OG-arizona
john brown,WR-arizona
demario davis,MLB-jets
paul richardson,WR-seattle
taylor gabriel,WR-falcons
ryan jensen,OG-panthers
richardson yes please and another wr in draft would be great

cowboyec

Reaction score
richardson yes please and another wr in draft would be great
agreed.
I like Calvin Ridley and would be ok with him at 19...but there are other options beyond taking one in 1st Rd.
DJ Moore,Maryland
Simmie Cobbs,Indiana
Cedric Wilson,Boise St
Parris Campbell,Ohio St

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The following will be my wishlist for LB, DT, DE, WR, and OL from the above sportrac link.

LB wish list:
Nigel Bradham (It'd be nice to pick him off from Philthy)
Bowman (if the Raiders don't resign him)
Jeremiah Attaochu
Sean Spence
Hitchens back

DT wish list:
Star Lotuleieli (assuming he's not resigned)
Poe
Ngata

DE wish list:
DLaw (tagged)
Ansah
Ealy (bust so far, but could be a relatively cheap pick up and may be worth a look)

WR wish list:

Landry (legal situation pending from potential DV....not sure what's going on there).
Amendola
Michael Floyd
Paul Richardson

OL wish list:
OG Zach Martin (resigned)
OT Nate Solder
OG Alex Boone

Feel free to add more if you see more that you like or change some that you don't like on this list.

Jgar_3

Reaction score
I would make a case for Allen Robinson, looks like a more explosive Alshon Jeffrey, although he was hurt this season.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score

Tank
Martin
Irving

I'm assuming you mean put a 1st or 2nd round tender on Irving?

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
In FA I would like to see us of course take care of our own guys...plus add OT Austin Pasztor and LB Jordan Tripp. I still want a OT and LB in draft.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a veteran LB and a swing tackle in FA. If a good S becomes available, I'd be all for it. However, I don't see us as being big players in FA.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Free agent focus 2018: DT Star Lotulelei fits the Rod Marinelli “magic” mold
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-the-rod-marinelli-magic-mold-dallas-cowboys

DT Star Lotulelei (6’2, 315 lbs, 28 years-old) - Carolina Panthers

...Entering the 2013 Draft, he received favorable comparisons to Haloti Ngata due to his power, snap recognition, instincts and quickness off the snap. He was declared ineligible to enter the Scouting Combine after a concerning heart defect was found that was later determined to only come from an infection, allowing his heart to return to normal. Instead, he waited a month and worked out in front of everyone at his Pro Day.

He was extremely strong putting up 38 reps on the bench press but the false reports of a heart condition already did their damage to Lotulelei, who was considered a Top-5 pick by many draftniks. He was drafted 14th overall by the Panthers, being the second defensive tackle drafted behind Sheldon Richardson. Lotulelei was definitely a draft consideration for the Cowboys as the “Great Board Reveal of 2013” shows his first-round status, but he was taken four picks ahead of them. He started all 16 games as a rookie and recorded three sacks with 42 tackles. He was rated the sixth-best run stopping defensive tackle, he was second among run stopping percentages according to PFF (12.9%). The Panthers’ run defense also improved from 14th in 2012 (110 yards per game) to second (86.9) in his rookie year, while leading the league in sacks at 60. Lotulelei finished fourth in the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year voting...

“I don’t think there’s a whole lot of people that can do what I can do,” Lotulelei said. “The physicality and intelligence that I bring, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of people that have that combination. Like I said, I’m not worried about it. I know I’ll find a job, if it’s here or somewhere else.” Could Star be wearing the “star” next season? The Cowboys and Rod Marinelli love to go after guys that may be a little forgotten. With the need to find another defensive tackle at the one-technique, a guy like Lotulelei may allow Dallas to move Maliek Collins back to his preferred under-tackle position. It also may free up David Irving to work on the outside some, instead of being tethered to the middle...

CCBoy

Reaction score
There were reports this past spring, coming out of the San Francisco Bay area, that the 49ers front office was ready to move on from Carlos Hyde before the season started, and that they even seriously considered taking Leonard Fournette with the second overall pick in the draft. In the days leading up to the draft, new General Manager John Lynch openly questioned Hyde’s fit in Kyle Shanahan’s outside-zone running scheme. Hyde’s contract also expires at the end of this season, meaning San Francisco has an easy way to phase him out of their offense and part ways with him after this year.

Richard Sherman made a name for himself as a combination of one of the best cornerbacks in the league, and one of Seattle’s biggest “anti-heroes.” But Sherman’s slight decline in play, combined with the team growing annoyed with his continued antics, resulted in the loquacious cornerback being placed on the trade block this past summer. When most teams place a player of Sherman’s caliber on the trade block, they are usually very coy about it. But Seattle made no reservations about Sherman being available for a trade, if the right compensation was offered. Clearly, no team approached Seattle with the right ante, but the groundwork has been laid for the two parties to part ways. Expect to hear Sherman’s name reemerge in trade chatter this upcoming offseason.

http://thesportsdrop.com/15-nfl-players-who-need-to-change-teams-next-season/15/

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Free agent focus 2018: DT Star Lotulelei fits the Rod Marinelli “magic” mold
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...s-the-rod-marinelli-magic-mold-dallas-cowboys

DT Star Lotulelei (6’2, 315 lbs, 28 years-old) - Carolina Panthers

...Entering the 2013 Draft, he received favorable comparisons to Haloti Ngata due to his power, snap recognition, instincts and quickness off the snap. He was declared ineligible to enter the Scouting Combine after a concerning heart defect was found that was later determined to only come from an infection, allowing his heart to return to normal. Instead, he waited a month and worked out in front of everyone at his Pro Day.

He was extremely strong putting up 38 reps on the bench press but the false reports of a heart condition already did their damage to Lotulelei, who was considered a Top-5 pick by many draftniks. He was drafted 14th overall by the Panthers, being the second defensive tackle drafted behind Sheldon Richardson. Lotulelei was definitely a draft consideration for the Cowboys as the “Great Board Reveal of 2013” shows his first-round status, but he was taken four picks ahead of them. He started all 16 games as a rookie and recorded three sacks with 42 tackles. He was rated the sixth-best run stopping defensive tackle, he was second among run stopping percentages according to PFF (12.9%). The Panthers’ run defense also improved from 14th in 2012 (110 yards per game) to second (86.9) in his rookie year, while leading the league in sacks at 60. Lotulelei finished fourth in the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year voting...

“I don’t think there’s a whole lot of people that can do what I can do,” Lotulelei said. “The physicality and intelligence that I bring, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of people that have that combination. Like I said, I’m not worried about it. I know I’ll find a job, if it’s here or somewhere else.” Could Star be wearing the “star” next season? The Cowboys and Rod Marinelli love to go after guys that may be a little forgotten. With the need to find another defensive tackle at the one-technique, a guy like Lotulelei may allow Dallas to move Maliek Collins back to his preferred under-tackle position. It also may free up David Irving to work on the outside some, instead of being tethered to the middle...

If the Panthers don't resign Lotulelei, I'd LOVE to have him here! He'd be AWESOME for this defense.