Free agents

blueblood70

Reaction score
What free agent excites you the most?
You mean the ones we haven't signed yet or the ones that are here? I mean maybe I'm gonna get more excited about the one that isn't here yet maybe a big trade or a cut that comes from the cap casualty hit soon they could be adding someone that we may not even see on the radar yet that excites me lol..

By the way why don't you start a thread and ask a question you didn't even add yours opinion on what player did you get excited for?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A guy I would be interested in if he’s still available is slot WR Tyler Boyd, who had been playing in Cincinnati. Boyd has caught 50+ passes for six straight seasons. If a one year deal is possible, I would be interested.

Despite his improvement last year, I’m not convinced Jaylon Tolbert is ready to plug in full time. Jaylen Brooks, last year’s 7th round WR showed some promise but he’s also very raw. Obvously, Lamb is great but the entire WR position is still not a strength IMO.

Mr_437

Reaction score
A guy I would be interested in if he’s still available is slot WR Tyler Boyd, who had been playing in Cincinnati. Boyd has caught 50+ passes for six straight seasons. If a one year deal is possible, I would be interested.

Despite his improvement last year, I’m not convinced Jaylon Tolbert is ready to plug in full time. Jaylen Brooks, last year’s 7th round WR showed some promise but he’s also very raw. Obvously, Lamb is great but the entire WR position is still not a strength IMO.
Bob, Boyd signed with the Titans. TEN has some weapons for Levis now.

I think Dallas FO is going to see what they have in their young WRs. Without a progress stopper in the room a guy like Brooks could take a leap and have a larger role. Also, it's opportunity for down the depth chart WRs like: Martavious Bryant, Cropper-Moreno, Billy Johnson, Cam Johnson (UDFA '24), and Flournoy to make a move.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bob, Boyd signed with the Titans. TEN has some weapons for Levis now.

I think Dallas FO is going to see what they have in their young WRs. Without a progress stopper in the room a guy like Brooks could take a leap and have a larger role. Also, it's opportunity for down the depth chart WRs like: Martavious Bryant, Cropper-Moreno, Billy Johnson, Cam Johnson (UDFA '24), and Flournoy to make a move.
I'm actually OK with taking a look at our guys first before making a move at the position. I would have preferred getting a top receiver to pair with Lamb and moving Cooks to third receiver, but since that's not the direction we were ever going to go might as well find out what our guys can do before having to search for help.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm actually OK with taking a look at our guys first before making a move at the position. I would have preferred getting a top receiver to pair with Lamb and moving Cooks to third receiver, but since that's not the direction we were ever going to go might as well find out what our guys can do before having to search for help.
I think we would do that if an injury occurred to lamb or cooks

tm1119

Reaction score
Didn’t they already try this 2 years and it went horribly?

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
Calais Campbell could provide needed depth at DT. Gilmore could do the same at CB. About all you’re gonna get at this stage…..old dudes.
Campbell had 56 total tackles and 6.5 sacks last year being 37. If he could produce half of that he'd be valuable depth.

I also don't really get not bringing back Gilmore. At least take a look. If he's slow cut him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
UDFAs:
1. TE Brevyn Spann-Ford (53 man)
2. WR Cam Johnson (PS)
3. LB Jason Johnson (PS)

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Two positions you absolutely need to address (via cut downs/trades) in my opinion is DT and RB, no way you can go into the season with what we have.

Feel slightly better about WR and CB.

WR - Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert & Brooks - Tolbert made some strides last year and was excited to see Brooks doing some positive things. If both those guys could continue the progression might be alright.

CB - Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Scott, Carson - Some proven and some potential.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
More interested in those guys flipping burgers and tilling on farms as they have more of a chance to sign with this team. And this is nothing against tillers or burger flippers....