Free agents

Carson

Reaction score
LB - Zach Cunningham. Decent cover LB, makes a ton of tackles, will be cheap and start while Marist is learning.

DT - Hassan Ridgeway

You can both on one year cheap deals.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The truth is if you scan the entire list ( all positions ), you would be lucky to find 2-3 that are better than what we already have. That's saying something because it shows how bare the market is, how badly we need talent/depth, or both.

As a matter of fact, we are probably better off waiting for cuts or filling positions with practice squad players

plasticman

Reaction score
When it comes to veteran free agency there are 31 smarter teams in the NFL.....meaning any veteran with value is gone until cuts before the regular season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A guy I would be interested in if he’s still available is slot WR Tyler Boyd, who had been playing in Cincinnati. Boyd has caught 50+ passes for six straight seasons. If a one year deal is possible, I would be interested.

Despite his improvement last year, I’m not convinced Jaylon Tolbert is ready to plug in full time. Jaylen Brooks, last year’s 7th round WR showed some promise but he’s also very raw. Obvously, Lamb is great but the entire WR position is still not a strength IMO.
Brooks caught my eye too. Just passed my eyeball test.

After Lamb, all the WRs are a weak example of their rank. Cooks hurts. Just not playing like a 7figure WR. He's far better than our current alternatives, but just not living up to his salary.

And though they almost never used Pollard's speed, it was at least there as an option. Now we're slow as molasses at RB too.

Double Lamb every play. Press man everyone because there's no speed to hurt you over the top. Tough row to hoe for a QB like Dak who likes separation.

shabazz

Reaction score
Miles Sanders may be cut. Might be worth a look if he is.
Agree but with Jerry's new philosophy there's a better chance of him signing Colonel Sanders at this point.

And I thank him for his delicious chicken

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn’t they already try this 2 years and it went horribly?
We've tried several things that have gone horribly. Not having a true No. 1. Relying on an injured player to be our No. 2. You'll have to be more specific about which horrible idea you're thinking of.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
We've tried several things that have gone horribly. Not having a true No. 1. Relying on an injured player to be our No. 2. You'll have to be more specific about which horrible idea you're thinking of.
ahhhh made me laugh.

not great when the truth makes you laugh tho.