Free agents

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Kendrick is gonna help. He’s a vet who really knows Zimmers scheme and he played really solid last year. I can’t even think if any others besides Zeke and that doesn’t excite me
Kendricks was once an excellent LB. But he’s 32 and he has played a whole season only once the last 4 years. He is a 32 year old LB who was at the height of his career 4 years ago.

ICP

Reaction score
Honestly, there isn't much of anything that's exciting about the Dallas Cowboys anymore

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Honestly, there isn't much of anything that's exciting about the Dallas Cowboys anymore
we're a superbowl team, I mean that's at least what we're told by the owner every year

Verdict

Reaction score
Campbell had 56 total tackles and 6.5 sacks last year being 37. If he could produce half of that he'd be valuable depth.

I also don't really get not bringing back Gilmore. At least take a look. If he's slow cut him.
Gilmore can still play against certain types of wide receivers but against others he is a real liability.

jaybird

Reaction score
You mean the ones we haven't signed yet or the ones that are here? I mean maybe I'm gonna get more excited about the one that isn't here yet maybe a big trade or a cut that comes from the cap casualty hit soon they could be adding someone that we may not even see on the radar yet that excites me lol..

By the way why don't you start a thread and ask a question you didn't even add yours opinion on what player did you get excited for?
I guess im asking what were the FA signed right after the draft, and which one has the most potential for making an impact this year?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess im asking what were the FA signed right after the draft, and which one has the most potential for making an impact this year?
Well first of all kendricks was signed before the draft... There haven't really been that many that move the needle I mean solid players are going to fill some roles and they're not done yet so I choose to do this hey let's talk about this in September a week before the game will know what the roster looks like then we kind of have a better idea exactly who we should be discussing right now... But I'm gonna have to go with kendricks because he's gonna take the middle linebacker spot he knows Mike Zimmer system he chose us over the 49ers so I think it'll be positive addition.. I mean who else is on that list we have Royce the running back we brought back one of our old linebackers who also knows Zimmer system pretty well I mean we brought back zeke I mean he doesn't move the needle for me I mean I'm not upset he's here but he's just gonna be a role player now... So what is your list man that's what I'm asking who are we supposed to be picking from who is your favorite??

tm1119

Reaction score
If at first you dont succeed with a bad bad plan

Try again and again and ….

Cowboys FO Motto
…and then over correct in the opposite direction when it fails while simultaneously ignoring other glaring holes.

Rinse and repeat.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Calais Campbell could provide needed depth at DT. Gilmore could do the same at CB. About all you’re gonna get at this stage…..old dudes.
If I could grab one he’d be it. If I could have another I would take a flyer on Penny for RB.

conner01

Reaction score
Kendricks was once an excellent LB. But he’s 32 and he has played a whole season only once the last 4 years. He is a 32 year old LB who was at the height of his career 4 years ago.
He played 15 games last year with 117 tackles and 3.5 sacks. He can still play but just as impirtant he knows Zimmers scheme, is very smart and can help the young talent we have at LB