Twitter: Free Retiring***Merged***

JBS

Reaction score
Well we have and inconsistent Collins and no RT to speak of. Solution could be to make the OL weaker while making the D stronger, while I think Chaz can be better than Free, the only question is can he stay on the field.

It is risky, you are right about that. But I'd still take that approach. I'd probably move Collins to RT and put Looney at LG and go w that

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Yeah, and it's a HUGE question. NO way in my mind they can relay on him. No way.

You know, we will be able to sign some dudes in 2018. Just doesn't help us in 2017.

A rebuilding 13-3 team, wow. I know most, including my posts from years ago, thinks Free sucks. But losing Leary and Free, really. We have Collins and Chaz, thats so comforting.

Dak and Zeke better get alot better.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Agreed.

It's like Brandon Marshall. The guy has never played in a playoff game. Ever. That's not totally by accident. Five different teams.

Other team's trash is rarely treasure.
Copy that! How long did Devin Street last on BB / Patriots practice squad?
He suited up for Indianapolis last game last year ,I kinda think he can be a major contributor for them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I love some of you. During the last two seasons some of the same people lamenting the loss of Free were the ones wondering when we'd put Collins or Green or possibly even move Martin to RT.

The offseason is always the best time of the year.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I love some of you. During the last two seasons some of the same people lamenting the loss of Free were the ones wondering when we'd put Collins or Green or possibly even move Martin to RT.

The offseason is always the best time of the year.

Yeah my problem is losing both Free and Leary at the same time, with the Free timing just after Leary left.

Thats really our worse case scenario.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What difference does it make on how they get the job? Only thing you should be concerned about is if he's capable of doing the job!

Being handed the job simply because you're the best the team has doesn't mean you're any good. We've seen plenty of examples of this.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
You think the Cowboys didn't have any idea Free would be retiring?
None?

Yeah I have a huge problem with Free retiring right after we let Leary go.

I might get banned for what I have to say about Free right now, that just ain't right.

waldoputty

Reaction score

I might get banned for what I have to say about Free right now, that just ain't right.

cowboys knew. even we heard about free might retire and why there was a thread on it before the start of free agency.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah my problem is losing both Free and Leary at the same time, with the Free timing just after Leary left.

Thats really our worse case scenario.

Not ideal but not a disaster. Essentially you are really only having to replace one starter here. We all knew Collins was going to start this year somewhere.

Going to be interesting to see what they do. I would love to see Cooper re-signed and he slide into the LG spot and do well with Collins out at RT. Then you have Green and maybe a late round pick at OL as primary backups.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I don't think the Cowboys were totally unaware. Free was nearing the end of his career anyway. They should have been planning for his eventual departure.

silver

Reaction score
I would move Martin to RT and either start 73 at RG or draft another G.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Not ideal but not a disaster. Essentially you are really only having to replace one starter here. We all knew Collins was going to start this year somewhere.

Going to be interesting to see what they do. I would love to see Cooper re-signed and he slide into the LG spot and do well with Collins out at RT. Then you have Green and maybe a late round pick at OL as primary backups.

If they knew, like waldo said, why not take care of the problem. I'm interested in what they can or will do.

The disaster is on the D, now we have to deal with not replacing people on offense. Dak, if you hear me, don't drop your phone by a pool.

waldoputty

Reaction score
If they knew, like waldo said, why not take care of the problem. I'm interested in what they can or will do.

The disaster is on the D, now we have to deal with not replacing people on offense. Dak, if you hear me, don't drop your phone by a pool.

that is because they refuse to spend that much on FAs.
the RTs that have been signed are in the 5M-10M range.
they are trying to get someone in the 2M-4M range.
basically they want to get below average veterans as backup.
and draft eventual starters.
may be draft of 2016 got to their head.

look at Remmers - who is 2nd tier:
30M 5 years
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/03/vikings-sign-rt-remmers-30-million-deal/

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would move Martin to RT and either start 73 at RG or draft another G.

Then you throw 2 positions out of kilter. Martin is a terrific guard... Maybe the best in the NFL. To assume he would be just as dominant as an OT is a little bit of a stretch.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys were totally unaware. Free was nearing the end of his career anyway. They should have been planning for his eventual departure.

Noone is happier than me that Free is retired. We just have alot of holes, and I can't figure out how we will fill them at the same time as the others.

JCraw got like the 2nd most snaps, 2 safeties that got most of the time, where are Mo and Carr, Jaylon who, TCraw who, DLaw who..... we got alot of questions.

silver

Reaction score
Then you throw 2 positions out of kilter. Martin is a terrific guard... Maybe the best in the NFL. To assume he would be just as dominant as an OT is a little bit of a stretch.
He is a stud. He's bigger and more athletic than Free. 73 is natural guard. I just don't trust Green to remain healthy.