Video: Friendly reminder of how awesome 9 was

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Were Romo a good December and January quarterback it would've been an hour long. Unfortunately not enough highlight footage. But, hey! He totally did that spinny thing against JJ Watt in a forgotten regular season game! The NFL is therefore totally remiss if they don't immediately retire that cheesy Wisconsin kid's number and send him on a lear jet straight into Canton.

You are the worst kind of Cowboys fan, if you're even a Cowboys fan at all. Or even a football fan. You clearly know nothing about football or the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe go watch tennis instead.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's Tony could win just on character alone five rings.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Romo never passed for 300+ yards or more than 2 TDs during the playoffs. Dak did both during his first playoff game as a rookie and brought the team back from being 18 points down halfway through the 2nd quarter to only tie the game at 31 points with only 39 seconds left in regulation.

But, yes, let's rather have the injury-plagued turnover machine who never accomplished in the playoffs what Dak did as a rookie? :facepalm:
People ***** we haven't done a thing in 25 years. But they love the guy. But I guess how can you not because he was likable. I think you should have stayed in Cabo with Jessica Simpson

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_D

Reaction score
People rip Romo but keep making excuses for the jacazz HC that’s still here and still choking games away!! Jerry screwed Romo. The guy could’ve won championships if he wasn’t saddled with a clueless GM.

starfan1

Reaction score
So much bandwidth for a guy who really hasn’t done much but put up stats

His failure to achieve much post season success wasn’t him solely but certainly he shares the blame

But yet all I hear is that those teams were only good because of him. I think that’s the part that is irritating to a lot of folks

They want to give him credit for the success but not the failure part of it. Let’s throw up a stat to show tony has nothing to do with it. Right or wrong QBs are going to get targeted they are the team leader and touch the ball more than anyone that not a center

I have to admit I grew to admire tony but a that point his body was beaten and unreliable. His early career bonehead plays became fewer because early on I threw many a couch pillow at the wall . The right choice was made in 2016 but I might have let him compete in 2017 even though chances of him making it through the season without interruption we’re low. The list of teams waiting to take his contract wasn’t long at that point.

His body was broken and it’s partly his fault and mostly Jerry’s . I watched him hang on to the ball looking for the home run a lot in his career. He was a Brett Favre wanna be and that’s what brought both excitement and anguish

Nevertheless the amount of bandwitdth is astonishing. I don’t see near as much for aikman or staubach 2 better qbs and one could argue white . But if you were to anoint Romo as 3rd best I wouldn’t argue hard

Time to move on!

sean10mm

Reaction score
If we had Tony over the last 3 seasons we probably have a superbowl.

I don't trust Garrett to get this team over the hump, but the personnel side definitely got better just as Romo's health went into decline.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He would've killed it with Zeke and this offensive line.
Ill never forgive this organization for not giving him his starting position back.
Very well could've cost them a super bowl.
He was totally healthy and ready to rock.
Romo and Zeke play safety? They were gonna stop Aaron Rodgers? I guess like they did in 2014? Oh wait.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we had Tony over the last 3 seasons we probably have a superbowl.
To make such a statement means you think Linehan and Garrett were Super Bowl winning coaches and I just can’t see that combo ever winning one. It’s funny though...Romo failed in 2014 with a great team.......got hurt yet again in 2015.....got hurt yet again in 2016......but somehow he’s suppose to be healthy enough to play in a Super Bowl lol. Strange.

GMO415

Reaction score
One thing I will always be thankful to Tony Romo for, he was our first "Forum Wars" player. Surely, Dandy and Danny would have been great for that but this wasn't around then.

Before there was "Dak Wars", there was Romo and he was not only the most polarizing player in the NFL, he ruled the forums unlike any other player before or since but Dak could threaten that with a fat contract.

Some of the most baffling, befuddling, bewildering, beguiling, belittling and beautiful posts written on these forums were because of him. He helped that along, unwittingly, with his backwards cap, golf and taking a vacation and it is still a hot topic whether he actually let his butt get too big. But for pure fun and driving most up the wall, you couldn't beat it.

We have the Romo template to thank for the Dak polarization. The most over and under appreciated player in Cowboys history. Dan and Danny might have given him a run for the title but that's all his.
COACH!!!!

You got that right Bruh. If people thought Dak was polarizing, Romo was on a biblical proportion! Romo had his own section with houndreds of threads.....it was unbelievable

sean10mm

Reaction score

This statement is part of the problem with how fans judge quarterbacks.

Literally a quarterback's only job is to produce offense. Offense is measured with numbers - yards and touchdowns - not ~feelings~. A QB who gains yards and touchdowns did their job. Everything else is sentimental garbage for babies. If your QB put up offense and the team still loses, the blame belongs elsewhere.

Past a certain level of performance blaming the quarterback is simply missing the forest for the trees. It's a kind of tunnel vision - or just being too stupid to grasp the sport in general. The Cowboys lose a game where Romo threw 5 touchdowns, the Cowboys lose a game where Romo completes like 80% of his passes, and everyone still whines about Romo, Romo, Romo instead of thinking about the other couple dozen dudes involved.

starfan1

Reaction score
This statement is part of the problem with how fans judge quarterbacks.

Literally a quarterback's only job is to produce offense. Offense is measured with numbers - yards and touchdowns - not ~feelings~. A QB who gains yards and touchdowns did their job. Everything else is sentimental garbage for babies. If your QB put up offense and the team still loses, the blame belongs elsewhere.

Past a certain level of performance blaming the quarterback is simply missing the forest for the trees. It's a kind of tunnel vision - or just being too stupid to grasp the sport in general. The Cowboys lose a game where Romo threw 5 touchdowns, the Cowboys lose a game where Romo completes like 80% of his passes, and everyone still whines about Romo, Romo, Romo instead of thinking about the other couple dozen dudes involved.

Right on cue. You pretty much ignored the rest of the post. Let’s talk about the 5 tds but ignore the critical pick.(oh I forgot he stepped on the guards foot or it was lost in the lights) excuse but your more than willing to go rah rah when it ends well.

And for the record that Denver game was on the defense but yes the pick at the end helped seal the victory for the broncs.

Regardless no need to take up more bandwidth because we aren’t gonna agree completely. I was ok with Romo but not to the extent that some other fans

I mean it’s a slobberfest with some fans

Big_D

Reaction score

His failure to achieve much post season success wasn’t him solely but certainly he shares the blame

But yet all I hear is that those teams were only good because of him. I think that’s the part that is irritating to a lot of folks

They want to give him credit for the success but not the failure part of it. Let’s throw up a stat to show tony has nothing to do with it. Right or wrong QBs are going to get targeted they are the team leader and touch the ball more than anyone that not a center

I have to admit I grew to admire tony but a that point his body was beaten and unreliable. His early career bonehead plays became fewer because early on I threw many a couch pillow at the wall . The right choice was made in 2016 but I might have let him compete in 2017 even though chances of him making it through the season without interruption we’re low. The list of teams waiting to take his contract wasn’t long at that point.

His body was broken and it’s partly his fault and mostly Jerry’s . I watched him hang on to the ball looking for the home run a lot in his career. He was a Brett Favre wanna be and that’s what brought both excitement and anguish

Nevertheless the amount of bandwitdth is astonishing. I don’t see near as much for aikman or staubach 2 better qbs and one could argue white . But if you were to anoint Romo as 3rd best I wouldn’t argue hard

Time to move on!

Shares the blame! lol they were a top tier passing offense. That was the team for the majority of his career. One season the RB GROUP had 6 TDs??! That’s pathetic! while the GM screwed him every offseason. Starting with Garrett and Phillips and it snowballed from there! The domino effect was a result of one crap decision after the next!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Always wondered what percentage of our points were a result of Tony's magic and not our "system".