From Brad Sham Facebook page

romothesavior

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people are totally missing the point.

You have every right to be disappointed or upset or whatever if we lose.

But to come unhinged towards the players or the organization or whatever is a totally different story. I think that's what Sham is talking about.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I will in no way be happy with a loss this Sunday.

BUT this is a very young team and we are going against perhaps the baddest man in football. Again, not making excuses, but this team is way ahead of where anyone thought they would be.

Dak is by all means, a miracle. A late 4th round pick that we ourselves coveted several other QBs over. What we get is a very cheap QB for the next 3 years. To me, the true crime would be if we do not use that amazing luxury to build up the defense, through the draft AND free agency the next 2 years to build a team that can contend for championships the next several years.

Still want them to win like crazy this Sunday, and I think we will, but I'm happy to finally have a solid plan after years and years of Jerry switching up philosophies on how to build the roster.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But to come unhinged towards the players or the organization or whatever is a totally different story. I think that's what Sham is talking about.
Some of those people totally understand what Sham is saying. Simply put, they do not appreciate anyone suggesting that they cannot lose their minds and unload on the players or franchise if the team loses.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of those people totally understand what Sham is saying. Simply put, they do not appreciate anyone suggesting that they cannot lose their minds and unload on the players or franchise if the team loses.

I think that's really what's being said. A little preemptive tantrum defending going on.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
sounds like a lot of excuse making is already starting if theylose its no different than all the rest of the last twenty or so years another wasted opportunity they have been way better than I thought they would be this year but to think they are going to be doing this every year in this nfl is not going to happen the playoff teams change lots every year except the packers and pats

Z mann R2

Reaction score

exactly......The players regardless of how you feel deserve some appreciation after this season is over regardless......and that's what Sham means

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think that's really what's being said. A little preemptive tantrum defending going on.
Or what we might call damage control.

Imagine if we didn't over react, over analyze , be too judgemental , carry personal agendas , bring disbeliefs and basically not play Monday Morning QB.

There wouldn't be any need for sports writers or analysts . What would ESPN and NFL Network fill 24 hrs of programming with. Just interviews and highlites?

Not to mention any need for social media and message boards like this. We'd all just be basically left to simply act like fans in the stands cheering or booing from afar without our voice being heard.

Is this what we really want or are we more interested in silencing or bullying those we don't agree with? Just saying and I actually agree with Brad but only to a point .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know one thing. This board will have a complete meltdown if we lose. lol
This board like other Cowboy fan message boards meltdown after a loss and even literally freeze up after a big loss.

This is what happens when everyone is allowed a voice on the Internet.

Are suggesting we'd like to discontinue our right to voice or are we simply tired of hearing voices we don't agree with?

The Internet and social media in particular provide for all sorts of voices being heard. It's the nature of the beast we all enjoy so much.

We can always go back to writing letters to the editors or calling into radio shows as I used to back in the day and still do but they can't be annonomous which IMO is a huge problem with these social media outlets.

jwitten82

Reaction score
We dont owe the players. I dont care about their stories, just win

Last edited by a moderator:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or what we might call damage control.

Imagine if we didn't over react, over analyze , be too judgemental , carry personal agendas , bring disbeliefs and basically not play Monday Morning QB.

There wouldn't be any need for sports writers or analysts . What would ESPN and NFL Network fill 24 hrs of programming with. Just interviews and highlites?

Not to mention any need for social media and message boards like this. We'd all just be basically left to simply act like fans in the stands cheering or booing from afar without our voice being heard.

Is this what we really want or are we more interested in silencing or bullying those we don't agree with? Just saying and I actually agree with Brad but only to a point .

You're lumping a lot of things together there. There's a ton of room for discussion, analysis, disagreement, joking around, appreciation, frustration, and criticism. It doesn't need to cross over into open mockery or into something disrespectful. Pretty easy to see where the baby ends and the dirty bathwater begins. The personal agendas can be limited. ESPN is about the opposite example I would give for what to emulate in a sports culture.

You can discourage that sort of fan behavior without bullying. Not because you don't agree with what's being said, but because you don't want to encourage the way the message is delivered. The message board will be just fine, because we work hard to curtail a lot of that nonsense around here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're lumping a lot of things together there. There's a ton of room for discussion, analysis, disagreement, joking around, appreciation, frustration, and criticism. It doesn't need to cross over into open mockery or into something disrespectful. Pretty easy to see where the baby ends and the dirty bathwater begins. The personal agendas can be limited. ESPN is about the opposite example I would give for what to emulate in a sports culture.

You can discourage that sort of fan behavior without bullying. Not because you don't agree with what's being said, but because you don't want to encourage the way the message is delivered. The message board will be just fine, because we work hard to curtail a lot of that nonsense around here.
This site does the best job Ive seen.

Like you said I was lumping much all into one and not singling out or referencing this message board but more in general out there with social media.

The internet provides access to all.. good and bad. It's up to individuals to cypher thru it.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Sounds like loser talk from Sham. Like telling the hot girl you're crazy about that you're just happy being her friend. It's **** or walk.

There are no guaranteed stepping stone seasons. Ask the Dan Marino Dolphins, or even currently the Panthers. The magic that is here today can literally be gone tomorrow.

Nope, now is the time to be all in and go for broke. Save the wimpy "next year" talk for springtime, Brad.

Except a guy trying to score would be an actual participant. Sham did say the players would be going balls out to win. A fan in your scenario would be a guy watching cinemax.

I just read it as him addressing the lunatic fringe preemptively, which might not be a good idea in the first place. I've heard Panthers reporters say they get a lot of unprovoked, crazy emails about the boys so I can only imagine what Sham sees. I know when I read.comments at the bottom of articles I'll see comments about Dallas that are way crazier than anything we'd see here.